[REMOVE ADS]

Rhonda Ross Interview: The Best Kept Secret of the Ross Family

RossHolloway Guest
    Thanks for posting, it was a nice read. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of her music yet, but will definitely be checking it out.

Rhonda's voice has grown by leaps and bounds. We used to see her in Atlantic City in the 90s. Let's just say her voice was an acquired taste. But I really enjoy her album, "Rhonda Ross Live!" A little Jill Scott mixed in with her originals and i believe one or two standards.
    She's opening for Diana tonight again in San Francisco. The show is soldout and there was a sizable line waiting for cancellations.
    This extended "More Today than Yesterday Tour" since 2011 or so. Word from the San Francisco promoter is that these 5 week touring jaunts are coming to an end. So though I can replay nearly every nuance of this show, I have to be there. It was a brilliant stroke to begin "Motown...the musical" road show earlier than Broadway shows usually do. I suspect it has helped her tour greatly as she is finally treated with respect. My opinion and my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    Rhonda's voice has grown by leaps and bounds. We used to see her in Atlantic City in the 90s. Let's just say her voice was an acquired taste. But I really enjoy her album, "Rhonda Ross Live!" A little Jill Scott mixed in with her originals and i believe one or two standards.
    She's opening for Diana tonight again in San Francisco. The show is soldout and there was a sizable line waiting for cancellations.
    This extended "More Today than Yesterday Tour" since 2011 or so. Word from the San Francisco promoter is that these 5 week touring jaunts are coming to an end. So though I can replay nearly every nuance of this show, I have to be there. It was a brilliant stroke to begin "Motown...the musical" road show earlier than Broadway shows usually do. I suspect it has helped her tour greatly as she is finally treated with respect. My opinion and my opinion only.
    Was at the show last night. Rhonda Ross was very good. Did some covers [["Killing Me Sofftly", " What's Going On", "Best of My Love") and some originals. Reminded me of Rachelle Ferrell and Jill Scott. A little jazzy R&B.

Diana Ross was fantastic.. looking great and sounding wonderful [[a little hoarse at time... she performed in the SF Bay Area last week). The audience danced the night away. The only time anyone was seated was during the ballads [[two songs from Lady Sings... and Theme from Mahogany). Had some twenty-somethings seated next to me. I asked them how they came to like Diana Ross and they said they found her records when visiting grandparents, then decided to go to a concert and have been hooked ever since.