[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here's where the more successful countries in the EU, much like the UK, and immigration aside are eventually going to tire of their participation in the EU which today exists largely to boost Angela Merkel's self esteem and power base...Example # 1...My buddy Soulster [[whom I do have the utmost respect for), and I decide to open competing lemonade stands...He calls his Germany/Britain and I call mine Greece...Soulster spends a great deal of time seeking out the finest and freshest lemons, going from produce house to produce house while I take the easiest and cheapest lemons I can get my hands on...Soulster builds an impressive looking stand with clean comfortable seating and serves his lemonade in large and clean plastic cups while I go to Smart & Final and buy the cheapest Styrofoam cups they have in bulk and sell them from my clapboard stand I plastered together with 2X4's...Soulster keeps his stand open 8 hours a day, seven days a week while I keep my stand open 6 hours a day [[with an hour break in the middle) and close on weekends with a weeks vacation every month...Although Soulster works very hard...his work ethic pays off and he builds very successful enterprise. My lemonade stand can't compete with his, I'm not making any money, in fact I'm losing money, and then go to Soulster and ask him to start an organization where every lemonade stand owner is governed by common rules...and if one is unsuccessful or goes belly up...the more successful stands will bail him/her out, regardless of what type of work ethic the failing stand employs so Soulster ends up using his hard earned profits to cover my negligent losses. That's what Merkel [[and a few others) , for the sake of her political stature in Europe has allowed to happen [[particularly as pertains to Greece and now Spain)...That's why Venezuela is such a failure, because even IF person is willing to work harder than his neighbor...he/she is only going to be compensated by the government the same as his lazier next door neighbor thanks to government policy as to what level of productivity they will allow...The result...food riots in the streets of Caracas and other cities with protesters being shot by the authorities...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 06-30-2016 at 04:31 PM.