Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
Hello Heikki my good friend...I can appreciate your appreciation for the EU, in that you admit that the EU has been good for FInland...That t me is the crux of the problem...The receiving countries of course are happy with what the EU provides...but the paying countries with the highest GDP's and lowest unemployment rates [[Germany, France, the UK, and Italy alone pay 60% of all EU contributions) who contribute the most are going to be the ones question the viability of remaining with the EU in it's current set-up...I do hesitate to throw Germany into the exit mix since I believe that Chancellor Merkel considers herself to be the "darling" of the EU, although she is becoming more and more unpopular within her borders, but Germany does exert undue influence in all EU decisions leaving smaller countries at a distinct disadvantage...That said...the EU wields tremendous influence into the inner workings of member countries through it's myriad of councils which pass laws and directives which may take effect automatically including significant actions to restrict and limit imports from other member states, The Maastricht Treaty which covers areas like immigration, justice, common security, is nothing but a joke as the immigration crisis of today, and even going back to the Balkan crisis of the 90's where the EY stood by impotently with events in it's own backyard while NATO had to come in to resolve the situation...I doubt RUssia has aims on Finland at this time [[other than perhaps some old WW ll Paybacks), but as other countries become inundated with refugees, you see from my previous post that Germany is now considering what had been the unconsiderable...admission of Turkey to the EU...Actually, most of the statistics I've seen clearly state that the EU is responsible for over 59% of the economic, political, and judicial affairs of it's member countries...So like anything else...this political organization works well for some...not so well for others, except also like other organizations, the ones it's not working so well for happen to be the major funders of it, and their populations and citizenry are beginnnng to stand up and ask why???...
And for that 59%....here are MP's BOTH from Cameron's Tory party, one [[Andrea in blue) is from England who voted overwhelming to LEAVE and the other [[Ruth in red) is from Scotland who voted REMAIN.

It's no wonder folk get confused when even the people from the same party give out differing information.