[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye - 5, 10, 15, 20 Years Of Love

One of my favorite covers by Marvin Gaye and the Presidents "5, 10, 15, 20 Years Of Love".

Not bad,but this photo with those platforms is a killer,haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Not bad,but this photo with those platforms is a killer,haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    I've got it on a t-shirt, arr&bee. Makes me feel so badass whenever I wear it.

Thanks for posting the link Marv. I wasn't aware that Marvin had recorded it! Although I'm a big Marvin fan I have to admit that I prefer The Presidents' version, but I'm curious about his version though and would like to know more about when it got recorded etc. It's also odd that it seems the track has only ever appeared on the CD in the old 'Collection' set, and not even as a download since. I can't find any reference to it on the Don't Forget The Motor City site [[unless I've missed seeing it) either. It was good when the deluxe versions of his albums were coming out via HipO because they added bonus tracks from the period of each actual album. What we need is a final 'odds and ends' compilation for his recordings at Motown after 'In Our Lifetime' [[.....although maybe there aren't enough?)

I like the President's version also,but Marvin's sounds so effortlessly mellow. He was at a point in his career where he sang what he liked. He just happened to like the same things we all did! LOL!

I would have loved to hear Marvin's take on the Moments "Not on the Outside". Eddie Kendricks did a nice version of it.

This is from the Diana & Marvin sessions but we never found her vocal.

This sure does sound like a cut from the Diana and Marvin album.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    This is from the Diana & Marvin sessions but we never found her vocal.
    Thanks George!

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Thanks for posting the link Marv. I wasn't aware that Marvin had recorded it! Although I'm a big Marvin fan I have to admit that I prefer The Presidents' version, but I'm curious about his version though and would like to know more about when it got recorded etc. It's also odd that it seems the track has only ever appeared on the CD in the old 'Collection' set, and not even as a download since. I can't find any reference to it on the Don't Forget The Motor City site [[unless I've missed seeing it) either. It was good when the deluxe versions of his albums were coming out via HipO because they added bonus tracks from the period of each actual album. What we need is a final 'odds and ends' compilation for his recordings at Motown after 'In Our Lifetime' [[.....although maybe there aren't enough?)
    You are most welcome Alan!

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Alan im sure it is on Marvin's THE MASTER bOX SET which has bonus stuff on it if not on the big Marvin box set [album size though cds]]i know as i have it on either of these 2 sets let me know if you locate,i will check then,cheers.