[REMOVE ADS]

Madonna 'does yoga in airplane aisle'

By Splash News, www.splashnews.com, Updated: December 22, 2010 6:08 AM
    Madonna 'does yoga in airplane aisle'

Singer/actress/producer/director and fashion icon Madonna makes "Fashion Has A Heart" Award presentation to Neil Cole of ICONIX at the 5th Annual Fashion Delivers event in the Grand Ballroom of the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City.
    Madonna has reportedly enraged airline passengers by doing yoga in the plane's aisle.

The Material Girl was on the flight from New York to London when the flight got stranded at Heathrow airport thanks to heavy snow.

So the 52-year-old decided that rather than waste time sitting around, she would practise a spot of calming yoga.

A passenger told the Daily Mail, "It was bad enough having to wait, but then she started doing her yoga in the aisle. After about an hour, a bus came along and took her and her party of about 15 off the plane. The rest of us all had to wait for another two hours."

The singer is in the UK to celebrate Christmas with her ex-husband Guy Ritchie and children Rocco, 10, and David, six, Lourdes, 14, and five-year-old Mercy.

Just another reason why my heavy dislike for this woman is justified. The least this woman could do is buy dinner or some sort of meal for everybody on the plane [[including the crew).

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Just another reason why my heavy dislike for this woman is justified. The least this woman could do is buy dinner or some sort of meal for everybody on the plane [[including the crew).
    Rather full of herself, isn't she?

Isn't she dating one of her daughters classmates?

It was a pretty stupid thing to do. But they get used to ALL the attention and it is addictive and they can't give any of it up.

pshark Guest
    Madonna does everybody anywhere
    Last edited by pshark; 12-22-2010 at 03:31 PM.

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pshark View Post
    Madonna does everybody anywhere
    I read that she can blow smoke rings out of her who-haw.

iconicpuff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by olamaebarto View Post
    I read that she can blow smoke rings out of her who-haw.
    Those poor passengers! With Madge's legs wrapped around her own shoulders in some sort of locust position I bet the whole cabin smelled of mackerel!

pshark Guest
    Madonna Does Yogi

iconicpuff Guest
    Madonna Does Yogi

Poor Yogi, but lucky BooBoo or BuBu [[Or whatever the damned thing was called) for managing to escape. It's about time Madonna was with someone her own age. Though I suppose Yogi could be a year or two younger than her.

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iconicpuff View Post
    Those poor passengers! With Madge's legs wrapped around her own shoulders in some sort of locust position I bet the whole cabin smelled of mackerel!
    I hope no one had a cat on board. Poor thing would have gone crazy.

pshark Guest
    She tried to do Yoda but he wasn't haven't it. He's saving himself for someone special.

iconicpuff Guest
    She tried to do Yoda but he wasn't haven't it. He's saving himself for someone special.
    Yoda could walk in, have a scoot round and slide out again and Madonna wouldn't even know she'd been visited.

is doing some stretching excercises while waiting in transit such a terrible thing? she found away to deal with the stress of the situation instead of bitching at the crew that trust me she would have done once upon a time..and why should she pay the stranded folks meal? surely thats the responsible of the airline? they were not flying on Madonna airways you know..ease up on her shes one of the greatest entertainers the world has ever seen and she came from Detroit..I didint realise yoga gives people such bad vibes on here..

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    is doing some stretching excercises while waiting in transit such a terrible thing? she found away to deal with the stress of the situation instead of bitching at the crew that trust me she would have done once upon a time..and why should she pay the stranded folks meal? surely thats the responsible of the airline? they were not flying on Madonna airways you know..ease up on her shes one of the greatest entertainers the world has ever seen and she came from Detroit..I didint realise yoga gives people such bad vibes on here..
    I agree with Norris. Must be a slow news day to blow something trivial like this into a controversy.

uptight Guest
    Maybe folks were just jealous. Was Madonna blocking blocking traffic to restrooms on either end of the plane or something? What was the issue, that she had a bus come pick up her and her entourage?

A total non-story. The passengers weren't enraged because she did yoga, it was because they had to wait three hours. Tsk-tsk! anything to get a headline.

Sure, Madonna was able to get off the plane quicker because she had the means. but, that's no reason to criticize of hate her. If it had been an artist you liked, no one would he bashing her for it.

Next...
    Last edited by soulster; 12-23-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Do yoga on your own time. No kind of consideration whatsoever.

Hell, this woman clearly has enough money to buy her own plane. Don't make other people suffer because you feel discomfort. Is this the only way that this woman can make news. Making music[[and I use that term loosely in her case) in enough to buy you space on Page six of the NY Post.

Christmas is slow news time but there does seem to be a lack of consideration and a willingness to draw attention to herself.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,folks this is madonna we're talking about would you expect anything less from her i'm never surprised at anything she might do!!

pshark Guest

wrong Pshark wrong for the record I dont "attack" any artist I dont like..Im too busy having a life..I only comment on artists I like on SDF and most people on here know my posts and will back me up so it aint open season to attack anyone in my book Im here to debate artists I like..if I dont like someone I dont usually comment as i respect others on this forum might like the artist in question attacking Madonna says more about the posters than it does say anything about Madonna so check yo self before you wreck yourself..Merry Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by olamaebarto View Post
    I hope no one had a cat on board. Poor thing would have gone crazy.
    I knew I could count on Ola Mae to give me a good laugh today. Thanks...Lord knows I needed that!

and which of you has built schools in Malawi for children who deal with starvation and rape while you bitch about Hip O select? which of you has given millions to AIDS research like this woman has? hmmmm

smark21 Guest
    I'm sure if it was some old soul singer who decided to do some yoga and then had the clout and cash to get a bus to pick them up the people here putting down Madonna would be celebrating the old soul singer. Too many people on this forum who are bitter that music changed since the late 70's and will always pack a silly grudge against anyone who's come along since and done well for themselves.

A bit of a fair comment.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I'm sure if it was some old soul singer who decided to do some yoga and then had the clout and cash to get a bus to pick them up the people here putting down Madonna would be celebrating the old soul singer. Too many people on this forum who are bitter that music changed since the late 70's and will always pack a silly grudge against anyone who's come along since and done well for themselves.
    With all due respect, that assertion holds absolutely no water. She engaged in an inconsiderate act and many people on this board are calling her on it. Don Imus also contributes to various charities, but that doesn't absolve him of the bogus, racist comments that he made against the Rutgers Womens basketball team. Diana Ross, a 60's pop icon isn't absolved of her incidents of drunkeness either.

and why isnt Diana absolved from her drinking? with all due respect Madonna or Diana Ross have to live with their own actions and they seem to be doing fine..Smark hit the nail on the head sometimes people on this forum form cliques and this thread is absolute proof how ugly that can be at times..I dont understand the bitterness I really dont..so you dont like Madonna - fine - But I do - to grow up at the time i did and experience her art was something I cherish - she went from being a self absorbed pop star to a mother to someone who wants to build schools in third world countries..I respect that progression- look at her peers - Michael Jackson,George Michael,Whitney Houston..Prince they all went off the rails Madonna has managed to balance a successful life..she never became an alcholic did she? she didnt turn to drugs..the truth is if it wasnt yoga it would be something else to attack her about...

and why isnt Diana absolved from her drinking? with all due respect Madonna or Diana Ross have to live with their own actions and they seem to be doing fine..Smark hit the nail on the head sometimes people on this forum form cliques and this thread is absolute proof how ugly that can be at times..I dont understand the bitterness I really dont..so you dont like Madonna - fine - But I do - to grow up at the time i did and experience her art was something I cherish - she went from being a self absorbed pop star to a mother to someone who wants to build schools in third world countries..I respect that progression- look at her peers - Michael Jackson,George Michael,Whitney Houston..Prince they all went off the rails Madonna has managed to balance a successful life..she never became an alcholic did she? she didnt turn to drugs..the truth is if it wasnt yoga it would be something else to attack her about...

Sounds like you're taking this a little too personally. My feelings for this talentless troll are besides the point. It was an inconsiderate diva act, plain and simple. You talk about this woman as if she were some reformed saint. There is no bitterness in any of these posts. People are simply calling them as they see them. The only difference here is that other people weren't made to suffer because of someone's actions.

I dont talk about this woman as shes a reformed saint..I said she was a self absorbed pop star who has found a little humility through motherhood and charity work..and as someone myself who lives a very selfish and self absorbed life shes taught me theres more to life than having the right lipstick,,I just dont see what the fuss is about shes only did a bit of yoga if she was really that much of a "diva" she wouldnt be on a plane with other people because lord knows she can afford her own..

Again: a non-story! And, as for he being able to buy her own plane is concerned, point to how many musical artists actually do? Actually, i'd say she is smart for not wasting her money on one.

Many of the passengers probably enjoyed watching her do yoga to pass the time away.

The article's enticement is all in the title, not in the body of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Again: a non-story! And, as for he being able to buy her own plane is concerned, point to how many musical artists actually do? Actually, i'd say she is smart for not wasting her money on one.

Many of the passengers probably enjoyed watching her do yoga to pass the time away.

The article's enticement is all in the title, not in the body of the article.
    In essence, it is a non story. That's why most people on this thread are posting and then moving on with their lives. And yes, James Brown owned his own plane back in the day.

I dont talk about this woman as shes a reformed saint..I said she was a self absorbed pop star who has found a little humility through motherhood and charity work..and as someone myself who lives a very selfish and self absorbed life shes taught me theres more to life than having the right lipstick,,I just dont see what the fuss is about shes only did a bit of yoga if she was really that much of a "diva" she wouldnt be on a plane with other people because lord knows she can afford her own..
    Hence, behavior such as this.

One issue that has been a real eye opener for me since being on SD is how many heritage artists die or grow old penniless or in need. The days of living off CD royalties are long gone and concert tours as you age are almost impossible even if you are in demand.

So if Madonna can save her money, avoid buying too many planes, cars, yachts, furs, cocaine and other drugs, then she might be one of the few who hold on to some of her millions.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    One issue that has been a real eye opener for me since being on SD is how many heritage artists die or grow old penniless or in need. The days of living off CD royalties are long gone and concert tours as you age are almost impossible even if you are in demand.

So if Madonna can save her money, avoid buying too many planes, cars, yachts, furs, cocaine and other drugs, then she might be one of the few who hold on to some of her millions.
    While true progressive, influential musicians continue to die penniless, and not due to their own actions. What is wrong with this picture? Sinbad was on target when he said that all of the best musical performers make the least amount of money.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I knew I could count on Ola Mae to give me a good laugh today. Thanks...Lord knows I needed that!
    A man calling himself olamae is a laugh each and every day -

pshark Guest
    wrong Pshark wrong for the record I dont "attack" any artist I dont like..Im too busy having a life..I only comment on artists I like on SDF and most people on here know my posts and will back me up so it aint open season to attack anyone in my book Im here to debate artists I like..if I dont like someone I dont usually comment as i respect others on this forum might like the artist in question attacking Madonna says more about the posters than it does say anything about Madonna so check yo self before you wreck yourself..Merry Xmas
    Didn't you recently critique on Christina Agilerua & Pink and I forgot who else?

I said Mary J Blige and Christinas vocal style left me cold and I didnt like Pink songs..thats hardly an attack..I didnt use words like Talentless troll as above or made ungentlemanly commments about Madonnas personal hygine nor would I..so your welcome to go thru all my posts and if I had Attacked someone as you put it I would happily apologise to any fans of that said artists..Im not here for this but I think the comments at madonna were not necessary and I tried to point out some of her good points,,peace its xmas day here in NZ xx

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    And yes, James Brown owned his own plane back in the day.
    JB was a known tightwad. I get the feeling JB bought his own plane out of necessity and to make a point. He came from a totally different time and perspective. I doubt Madonna ever felt the need to prove what her status was.

People can say what they want about Madonna, but she was always smart about her money. She has lots of it because she doesn't throw her money around like so many other artists.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    JB was a known tightwad. I get the feeling JB bought his own plane out of necessity and to make a point. He came from a totally different time and perspective. I doubt Madonna ever felt the need to prove what her status was.

People can say what they want about Madonna, but she was always smart about her money. She has lots of it because she doesn't throw her money around like so many other artists.
    I wouldn't criticize JB for going after the same status symbols that his white counterparts did. His predecesors never had access to that kind of wealth. And unlike Madonna, he was actually using his music to speak to his people and convey a valuable message. I don't listen to great musical artists because of how good they are with their money. That, to me is irrelevant.

And yes, Madonna is still a talentless troll. I put her in the same category as Kiss. Performers who have great marketing, but don't have a great amount of talent.

I dont know much about Madonna; I just got the impression that she had a lot of talent because otherwise she wouldn't have lasted; and I also thought she was very smart because otherwise she wouldn't have lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I dont know much about Madonna; I just got the impression that she had a lot of talent because otherwise she wouldn't have lasted; and I also thought she was very smart because otherwise she wouldn't have lasted.
    Great marketing will always make up for talent and intelligence. Just ask Gene Simmons.

Kiss never had a string of multi platinum albums for 20 years..Madonna has
    Kiss havent had 50 top 10 singles..Madonna has
    Kiss didnt tour with the most commercially successful sell out stadium tour..Madonna has...

The similarity that I do see in Kiss and Madonna is they were both huge market successes. I would take Madonna over Kiss but the last Madonnna song I knew was Papa Don't Preach so I'd be no expert.

Merry Christmas Nomis and best of luck in the New Year.

thanks rob I sent you a message about getting that book to you..I cant believe youve never heard "Like A Prayer" or "Vogue"

Jobeterob and Nomis ..

No doubt there are some KISS fans here in Britain, but they've never had anything even remotely resembling a hit here, I've never heard any "rock" fans tell me they like them, and I wouldn't even recognise one of their records if I heard it "blind" .. a case of no marketing this side of the Atlantic I guess!!

MADONNA, in complete contrast, is always in the news, and became a kind of "honourary Brit" when she married GUY RITCHIE .. even stories in the press that she preferred living in L.A. to London because of the weather didn't dent her popularity .. because we all nodded in agreement and sympathy. And when she divorced GUY RITCHIE complaining that he preferred to spend his time down the pub rather than with her that didn't dent her popularity either as everyone knew exactly what she meant.

GUY RITCHIE owns a pub in Mayfair [[ an excruciatingly posh part of London ) .. here it is ..

http://www.tiredoflondontiredoflife....chies-pub.html

Nice place inside, if a little pricy

And this is their web-site ..

http://www.bromptonbrandsdigital.com/punchbowllondon/

Roger

Kiss never had a string of multi platinum albums for 20 years..Madonna has
    Kiss havent had 50 top 10 singles..Madonna has
    Kiss didnt tour with the most commercially successful sell out stadium tour..Madonna has...
    The comparisons may not be exact, but it's totally appropriate in this case.
    The current article is an example of how Madonna stays in the news not because of her music, but because of diva-like antics, and it's been this way for almost the last 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    i'm sure if it was some old soul singer who decided to do some yoga and then had the clout and cash to get a bus to pick them up the people here putting down madonna would be celebrating the old soul singer. Too many people on this forum who are bitter that music changed since the late 70's and will always pack a silly grudge against anyone who's come along since and done well for themselves.
    heck i'm still bitter that music changed after the late sixties..hehehehehehehehe!!!