[REMOVE ADS]

case for allowing copyrighted works on YouTube

I can't find the thread we had about this a few months ago. It got a bit heated. but I thought i'd start a new discussion about it after I discovered this video: http://www.ted.com/talks/margaret_st...copyright.html

pshark Guest
    You do realize you made a double post? Here's the thread you're looking for. And my question never got answered, if youtube should pay for copright why shouldn't nightclubs?
    Last edited by pshark; 12-28-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I can't find the thread we had about this a few months ago. It got a bit heated. but I thought i'd start a new discussion about it after I discovered this video: http://www.ted.com/talks/margaret_st...copyright.html
    AMEN TO THIS GURL!!!! What a perfect lecture, with sterling examples of how youtube can stir sales, especailly in music that is old or deemed "Dead in the water". I just parted with 7.99$ LAST NIGHT on a Chinese singer that I found on youtube and bought her MP3 greatest hits on amazon.

Nightclubs do. In theory clubs that have live music have to pay copyright fees for music performed in the club by purchasing a licenses for use from BMI and ASCAP in the same way radio stations do.....

Quote Originally Posted by pshark View Post
    You do realize you made a double post? Here's the thread you're looking for. And my question never got answered, if youtube should pay for copright why shouldn't nightclubs?
    Thanks for finding the thread, and clubs are required to pay royalties. They just seem to get away without paying.