[REMOVE ADS]

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1254
    New info keeps leaking out.

I would never have thought of Let's Make Every Moment Counts as a single.

Of the three new tracks on One Woman [[UK version) Your Love was far and away the best.

It was a shrewd move commercially to include the four well known and loved tracks from Diana's group days [[incidentally their four biggest selling UK singles).

The inclusion of these plus the three newies obviously meant tough decisions had to be made when it came to choosing just what to include.

However as a solid top 10 hit and one of her biggest sellers Remember Me [[imo Diana's finest moment) should never have been excluded but then what would it have replaced?

I suppose the plan was to kind of have 20 hits over a period of 25 years. why not 25???
    my choices...
    1 aint no mountain/ 2 I'm still waiting/3 good morning heartache4/ touch me in the morning /5 do you know where / 6 love hangover / 7 it's my turn /8 coming out/ 9 upside down /10 endless love / 11 when you tell me / 12 one shing moment /13 your love / 14 best years / 15
    why do fools fall/16 chain reaction /17 if we hold on together/ 18 in the ones you love/ 19 waitn in the wings/ 20 reach out and touch/

Swing It would have made an excellent single

It surprises me that "change of heart" wasn't choose as a single from FBTP. Appart from the fact , it is one of my favorite song from the album, Diana performed the song on stage and also on tv.
    Also this was written by then hitmaker Terry Britten.
    Maybe a more dynamic mix was needed for a radio hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    It surprises me that "change of heart" wasn't choose as a single from FBTP. Appart from the fact , it is one of my favorite song from the album, Diana performed the song on stage and also on tv.
    Also this was written by then hitmaker Terry Britten.
    Maybe a more dynamic mix was needed for a radio hit.
    We scheduled it as a single in the UK on two occasions. It was replaced with ONE SHINING MOMENT because we got positive feedback from radio for that track, and then we scheduled it to follow IF WE HOLD ON TOGETHER but Diana pleaded with me to release HEART DON'T CHANGE MY MIND. She loved that song . Not sure if it was ever considered for release in other countries. She did perform CHANGE OF HEART on UK tv so it was always under consideration.

I listened HDCMM last week and as always, I find it much better than the Streisand rendition.

I listened HDCMM last week and as always, I find it much better than the Streisand rendition.
    I think I agree. Diana put such emotion into the song because she believed in what she was singing. Streisand is incapable of a bad performance but she sounded like she was merely going through the motions on this song and indeed for the whole of that album. Emotions was as ironic title for that album because she displayed precious little emotion on that album, but we are going way off topic now. Apologies for that.

It brings back memories of sad years for me, with all my Divas recording bad or mediocre lps. Diana, Barbra and Donna. Streisand reacted the right way. Anyway, 1984 is also the year when Britten and Lynne wrote WLGTDWI for Tina Turner. That's why I thing Change of heart had a chance.

It brings back memories of sad years for me, with all my Divas recording bad or mediocre lps. Diana, Barbra and Donna. Streisand reacted the right way. Anyway, 1984 is also the year when Britten and Lynne wrote WLGTDWI for Tina Turner. That's why I thing Change of heart had a chance.
    Sadly we will never know Albator. It wasn't one of my personal favourites on what was a very strong album but it does have it's admirers including yourself. I thought it to be a decent album track but little more, but then what do I know?

LOVED change of heart.my fav from that cd

Agreed, love Swing It also .great sessions from that cd
    Last edited by daviddh; 10-14-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Wasn't the Force album originally going to be called Change Of Heart and this the lead single?

There do seem to be a lot of fans who love this but I personally think it is one of the "weaker" tracks - although this is only relative since the album is packed with great songs.

Certainly a good decision to replace it with One Shining Moment.

It's tough when you've reached a fifth release - Heart [[DCMM) was a poor choice of single although the reasons have been explained but I wouldn't have gone with COH then either. I'd have gone for the radio friendly original version of Waiting In The Wings.

I firmly believe that Battlefield was worth a shot. It would either have been a flop or a monster if it had caught the right moment but by this stage there was nothing to lose.

Of the expanded albums on the way Force is the one I am most looking forward to with apparently a number of unreleased tracks.

For me Bab's version is to intense and a little oversung. Diana's version works so much better with a more laid back approach yet emotionally satisfying vocal.
    "Change Of Heart" to me was nothing more then a nice album track. I never thought of it as a hit single.
    I would really liked to have seen "Waiting In The Wings" released as the follow up to HDCMM, but was never sure about the remix. I guess that would have made for an awful lot of single releases from one album.
    I remember there being some nice ads for the album on UK tv. I don't know if they were also screened in other terrItories?.....I guess they must have been.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 10-14-2016 at 01:25 PM.

does anyone remember when Larry Hagman was trying to get DR on Dallas. I think this was after Bobby was killed off and she would be a villain. Diana backed out but later had Hagman on her tv show. just thinking out loud. think this was about 1981.

saw Barry Gibb on tv this morning, apparently he has a new album out and he performed a few songs. still think Diana should record a few songs with Barry again. I think the EA was good but kinda dark in some areas but overall one of her best from the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Agreed, love Swing It also .great sessions from that cd
    Was that not from TAKE ME HIGHER?

Yes an out take.think it was a B side. Funny to say now as there r no more B sides..
    Have to look at some of Diana B sides.i know the Supremes but not Diana's.i just remember After You.

Just found my copy of Making Spirits Brite. After looking for it for 5 days.all ur fault SD forum
    Last edited by daviddh; 10-15-2016 at 04:03 PM.

after listening to Diana Christmas album Special Season. I had forgotten how good it was . I don't understand why Diana didn't work with Nick Martinelli again??? some of these producers brought the best in Diana and I am not sure why she didn't work with them ever again?

does anyone remember when Larry Hagman was trying to get DR on Dallas. I think this was after Bobby was killed off and she would be a villain. Diana backed out but later had Hagman on her tv show. just thinking out loud. think this was about 1981.
    I've seen some clippings re Diana on DALLAS circa 1985, but some people have said interest may have started earlier.

Speaking of Barbra Streisand, I vaguely recall an interview with her where she mentioned that there had been an idea of a recording with her and Diana, and possibly a third vocalist. I think they would have been women in a relationship with the same man. Does anyone else recall hearing about this?

A question for Bluebrock...... Do you know who's idea it was to include the home video footage of Diana with Ross and Evan at the pool for the promo video of "When You Tell Me That You Love Me. It was such a great idea and really makes the video that little bit more special...............Cheers.

was listening to Michael Buble today , and I was thinking it would be great if Diana and he did a duet.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Speaking of Barbra Streisand, I vaguely recall an interview with her where she mentioned that there had been an idea of a recording with her and Diana, and possibly a third vocalist. I think they would have been women in a relationship with the same man. Does anyone else recall hearing about this?
    I have never heard about or seen this interview reese. Are you sure she mentioned Diana?. I was pretty sure that this was all just fan speculation and rumour, but am not 100%.
    It's hard to imagine Diana and Barbra's voices duetting together, though it would have made for a fun video.
    A Diana duets cd of any kind would be most welcome now.

To my knowledge, this is just pure speculation or fantasy by ?

It was supposed to be Donna Summer, Diana Ross and Barbra Streisand on "Raining men".

It resurfaced in 1984 and it was Olivia Newton John, Sheena Easton and Diana Ross for a "revolutionary trio".

It was supposed to be Donna Summer, Diana Ross and Barbra Streisand on "Raining men".

It resurfaced in 1984 and it was Olivia Newton John, Sheena Easton and Diana Ross for a "revolutionary trio".
    Thanks for the info Albator. I do think Donna and Diana would have made for a fun pairing. I can imagine then duetting on a remake of "Love is like An Itching In My Heart" or such like.
    I have to say i'm kind of pleased that Diana chose not to record "It's Raining Men", though i think It works great for The Weather Girls.

My absolute fantasy is or was to have Babs and Diana duet on "anything you can do i can do it better" by Irvin Berlin.

My absolute fantasy is or was to have Babs and Diana duet on "anything you can do i can do it better" by Irvin Berlin.
    That would have been fun! I believe Babs and Madonna were in talks of recording it together around 1990 but it never happened...

This made me laugh.....In a good way. I suppose Babs has more vocal muscle but Diana's interpretive skills are just as good, if not better on some songs. As Lionel Ritchie once said "Diana gets to the heart of a song".
    I myself love them both.....

so I am stuck in traffic for an hour trying to t home, imagine my surprise I found baby It's Me cd and played loud all the way home. made my journey home much nicer. one of her best albums and my favs

other than the Supremes, I don't think Diana has ever recorded a duet with another female singer.

Your forgetting Brandy......................"Love Is All That Matters"

100% correct my friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    A question for Bluebrock...... Do you know who's idea it was to include the home video footage of Diana with Ross and Evan at the pool for the promo video of "When You Tell Me That You Love Me. It was such a great idea and really makes the video that little bit more special...............Cheers.
    It was Diana's idea. The original plan was to include all of her children in the video but in the end they just went with the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It was Diana's idea. The original plan was to include all of her children in the video but in the end they just went with the boys.
    Thank you Bluebrock. I think it works well with just Ross and Evan. Diana looks stunning in the video, especially the shots of her makeup free in the pool with the boys.
    Was there ever any intention of releasing another single after HDCMM or would that have been just tooooo many.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Thank you Bluebrock. I think it works well with just Ross and Evan. Diana looks stunning in the video, especially the shots of her makeup free in the pool with the boys.
    Was there ever any intention of releasing another single after HDCMM or would that have been just tooooo many.
    We considered WAITING IN THE WINGS and CHANGE OF HEART but i had a change of heart pardon the pun because Diana wanted some time out with her family and without her over here to promote it i thought it not finacnially viable.

Bluebrock, since you are working in the music industry, could you tell us how much an album should sell in UK, to be considered a fair success, a failure, a big success ?

For exemple, in France we don't have Silver status, so i the mind of some people, all non gold albums were flop.
    In UK, singers like Lulu, Dusty Springfield even Shirley Bassey, released many LP that are not even silver. I assume they were not losing money with those.

I don't think silver is given out in USA either but possibly. Unless the singer has those from touring UK?? I assumed gold certifications were for a million sales and silver was 500,000??

I don't think silver is given out in USA either but possibly. Unless the singer has those from touring UK?? I assumed gold certifications were for a million sales and silver was 500,000??
    In the US, it is gold, platinum, multi-platinum, and diamond. Gold is 500,000, Platinum is 1 million, Multi-Platinum is 2 million [[1 million increments thereafter), and for real big sellers, Diamond, representing 10 million.

Bluebrock, since you are working in the music industry, could you tell us how much an album should sell in UK, to be considered a fair success, a failure, a big success ?

For exemple, in France we don't have Silver status, so i the mind of some people, all non gold albums were flop.
    In UK, singers like Lulu, Dusty Springfield even Shirley Bassey, released many LP that are not even silver. I assume they were not losing money with those.
    It is difficult to gauge. It is not purely down to sales alone. You have to take into consider ation how much money the album cost to make i.e, production costs, songwriting credits, photography for the cover, promotional costs and of course payment to the artist.
    As regards Diana 100,000 would be regarded as a great success. 50,000 more than acceptable. We made money on every album we released with Diana, even WORKING OVERTIME and EVERYDAY IS A NEW DAY, though not much with those two,

It is difficult to gauge. It is not purely down to sales alone. You have to take into consider ation how much money the album cost to make i.e, production costs, songwriting credits, photography for the cover, promotional costs and of course payment to the artist.
    As regards Diana 100,000 would be regarded as a great success. 50,000 more than acceptable. We made money on every album we released with Diana, even WORKING OVERTIME and EVERYDAY IS A NEW DAY, though not much with those two,
    thanks... of course , I think that since her albums cost were supported by her US company, 50 000 is ok.

Just for my curiosity, what was a good sale for Bassey or Lulu, or others British female singers from the sixties?
    Last edited by Albator; 10-21-2016 at 01:55 PM.

On Wikipedia, quoting EMI Inside [[I believe), it says world wide sales of I Love You were 622,000.

Is that possible?

looks as if, A GO GO is a bit closer. if memory serves me correctly, it was last December that universal released The Wiz tracks and reissued Merry Christmas. I am assuming that the new deluxe edition will be announced around thanksgiving.??
    although this album was not my favorite it did contain my all time fav supremes single Love Is An Itching.......and there were some good tracks ....Shake Me Wake Me is a good cover for them. looking forward to the booklet . I am hoping there is like a 60 minute version of Love Is An Itching In My Heart

thanks... of course , I think that since her albums cost were supported by her US company, 50 000 is ok.

Just for my curiosity, what was a good sale for Bassey or Lulu, or others British female singers from the sixties?
    For Bassey i would say around 50-75,000 and in Lulu's case probably around 40-50,000

Bluebrock.is there a time frame for those last dr Motown albums to be expanded and released

Wow I see why USA is the biggest market......you could sell up to a million copies here but only sell 50000 to 100,000 copies elsewhere. just an observation

Bluebrock.is there a time frame for those last dr Motown albums to be expanded and released
    Still very much in the planning stages. I would say 12 months from now at a minimum.

For Bassey i would say around 50-75,000 and in Lulu's case probably around 40-50,000
    I checked BPI certification list for UK. From the sixties, winners are Diana Ross, Tina Turner and Barbra Streisand.

Diana albums :
    Silver : 7
    Gold : 14
    Platinum and more : 6

Diana and Tina also hold the record for playing the most Wembley arena.

In Japan, most of her album, if not all, sold over 50.000 and she did incredible tours there.
    I think, in term of fidelity, her two biggest market are UK and Japan.

By the way, British are tough with their singers.
    Lulu is just having one gold and one silver album, Cilia Black and Dusty have none ...
    Shirley have 11 silver, 6 gold and 1 platinum.
    It seems the only strong seller is Kate Bush.

Diana seems to have dozens of certifications in the UK from the 70-s and beyond

Pretty astonishing that EIAND made a profit considering its low sales.

Just a pity that Diana decided not to continue promoting it - a second hit single from it which Until We Meet Again would surely have been could have made a big difference.