[REMOVE ADS]

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 22 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MotownBill View Post
    Love WO too!
    WO is a great album Bill. Funnily enough i was just playing it this morning. Do you have a favourite song. I really hope one day to see an expanded edition to include all the remixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    WO is a great album Bill. Funnily enough i was just playing it this morning. Do you have a favourite song. I really hope one day to see an expanded edition to include all the remixes.
    I wouldn't hold your breath Ollie. Whilst there are enough remixes and outtakes to warrant a 2 cd set I don't expect to see it anytime soon. It is quite possible we may get expanded versions of "fbtp", "tmh" and "ediand" in the not too distant future but "wo" is likely to be the final one if at all, and that has nothing to do with my personal opinion of the album. From private info I have received it is not currently thought worthy of a re-release. That of course could change if another company succeeded in licensing the product but as of now there appears to be little or no interest in it. Sorry Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath Ollie. Whilst there are enough remixes and outtakes to warrant a 2 cd set I don't expect to see it anytime soon. It is quite possible we may get expanded versions of "fbtp", "tmh" and "ediand" in the not too distant future but "wo" is likely to be the final one if at all, and that has nothing to do with my personal opinion of the album. From private info I have received it is not currently thought worthy of a re-release. That of course could change if another company succeeded in licensing the product but as of now there appears to be little or no interest in it. Sorry Ollie.
    I kind of thought as much.....mores the pity. I really don't think we will ever get to see a brand new album from Diana again Bluebrock, so It would be wonderful to have all her return to motown albums given the expanded treatment. If as you have informed us there are plenty of unreleased songs that could be added, they would be something to really look forward to. I hope it is sooner rather then later and that they are NOT available as digital download only....That would be to much.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 06-09-2016 at 11:03 AM.

[QUOTE=Ollie9;336718]I kind of thought as much.....mores the pity. I really don't think we will ever get to see a brand new album from Diana again Bluebrock, so It would be wonderful to have all her return to motown albums given the expanded treatment. If as you have informed us there are plenty of unreleased songs that could be added, they would be something to really look forward to. I hope it is sooner rather then later and that they are NOT available as digital download only....That would be to much.[/QUOTE
    Ollie - As things stand they would be digital only sadly, but there are ways and means around that. There is always the possibility of a UK Company licensing the physical rights to the albums but so far any talks have stalled.
    Despite my opinion of "wo" I would like to see it's re-release along with the other 3 albums. It would not be fair for it to be missed off for the sake of fans such as yourself. From what I understand preliminary plans are already in place for the reissues of the other 3 motown albums, but do not read too much into this because literally 100's of albums are considered for reissue and then for whatever reason they do not happen, but with Diana herself fully behind the project I am fairly confident these releases will happen.

[QUOTE=Bluebrock;336720]
    I kind of thought as much.....mores the pity. I really don't think we will ever get to see a brand new album from Diana again Bluebrock, so It would be wonderful to have all her return to motown albums given the expanded treatment. If as you have informed us there are plenty of unreleased songs that could be added, they would be something to really look forward to. I hope it is sooner rather then later and that they are NOT available as digital download only....That would be to much.[/QUOTE
    Ollie - As things stand they would be digital only sadly, but there are ways and means around that. There is always the possibility of a UK Company licensing the physical rights to the albums but so far any talks have stalled.
    Despite my opinion of "wo" I would like to see it's re-release along with the other 3 albums. It would not be fair for it to be missed off for the sake of fans such as yourself. From what I understand preliminary plans are already in place for the reissues of the other 3 motown albums, but do not read too much into this because literally 100's of albums are considered for reissue and then for whatever reason they do not happen, but with Diana herself fully behind the project I am fairly confident these releases will happen.
    Ollie- As things stand they would be digital releases only, but there are ways and means around this. There is always the possibility of a UK company licensing the physical rights to the albums , but so far such talks have stalled.
    Despite my opinion of the album I would like to see it's re-release along with the other 3 albums. It would be unfair for it to be overlooked for the sake of fans such as yourself . From what I understand preliminary plans are already in place for the reissues of the other 3 albums, but please do not read too much into this because literally 100's of albums are considered for reissue and then for whatever reason they do not happen , but with Diana herself fully behind the project I am fairly confident these releases will happen.

Thank you for the continued info Blubrock. It is frustrating that so many relatively obscure artists, with a fraction of the following that Diana still has experience no problems in having their back catalogue released on cd. Regarding the three rtm albums, It is good to know that Diana is behind the project. Has this always been the case with her expanded releases, or is this a new found interest?

Keep on Dancing,Paradise,WO mixes, those are some serious jams! I still want to strut my stuff when listening. I too would cherish a deluxe edition, There was a vinyl re release on www.soundstagedirect that I was going to splurge for, but it's not listed anymore. I did get the Japanese import on eBay,, love the bonus instrumental . So yes I think Niles Rodgers laid down some serious jams and Diana deliver with conviction, MHO.

I like WO but I don't love it. I do really like KEEP ON DANCIN,PARADISE,BOTTOM LINE and a few others. don't like the title cut. it needed a remix to me

I have little faith in any reissues now. seems we getting less and less . Ross 78 has been on the burner for a while and an insider told me it has been done for 2 years but nothing. Supremes Go Go is supposed to be released for it's 50th this august. I am not holding my breath. the live DR/ from 1973? dvd got cancelled just as it was about to be released.

Thank you for the continued info Blubrock. It is frustrating that so many relatively obscure artists, with a fraction of the following that Diana still has experience no problems in having their back catalogue released on cd. Regarding the three rtm albums, It is good to know that Diana is behind the project. Has this always been the case with her expanded releases, or is this a new found interest?
    It's a new found interest! She wasn't in the slightest bit interested in the RCA reissues, hence the reason why she refuse to license any unreleased product but she is fully behind the Motown reissues and I am led to believe we should get much if not all of the vaulted tracks eventually.
    Going slightly off topic there are a few outtakes from her 2 live 70's albums and I would like to see these given the expanded treatment. As regards Ross78 I am told it was completed around the same time as "baby it's me" and will hopefully be given the dreaded digital release in the not too distant future.

I think I recall that Diana ross live 1974 was originally a two lp set but trimmed to one album.
    her live dvd that was cancelled a few years ago was basis of that album ,or the songs were from that period.i think it was the Royal Albert Hall event. I suppose its dead in the water.
    I thought, if memory serves me, One Love In mY lifetime and Getting ready for love were outakes from the second live show.?? was never a fan of the second live show with all the medleys and rushed performances, she sang touch me in the morning in 1.50 seconds.wow thought I was at the Kentucky derby on that album or she did .
    maybe one day she reconsider the RCA PERIOD but maybe a single cd with the outakes and alt mixs???

I am still hoping Motown will pick up on its reissues but it seems to quite now .disapointing since i enjoyed these albums coming out , it took the place of Diana not have a new release,so to speak.
    I found with each release to find one gem that I would just shake me head and think WHY DIDNT THEY RELEASE THIS.
    WHAT are you doing the rest of your life from EVERTHING is everything album is a perfect example to me.Diana gives a great vocal.
    on Last Time I saw Him, there a were a few gems that were better than the actual album ......I WANT TO GO BACK THERE , LET ME BE THE ONE.

thanks Bluebrock, so nice to have you here with us. appreciate all your info and time. restored my faith in Motown , for now.lol
    it would be nice to get Ross 78 deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    thanks Bluebrock, so nice to have you here with us. appreciate all your info and time. restored my faith in Motown , for now.lol
    it would be nice to get Ross 78 deluxe.
    Thank you David. You guys make it all worthwhile. I will direct your question to Diana's current staff and we shall see what happens. Ross78 will hopefully happen later this year

I have been a Diana Ross fan since the release of Back In My Arms Again. This has been one of the most thoroughly enjoyable threads I have read on this forum. There is a lot of backstory to her recordings that I was not aware of. A lot of this is due to the comments by Bluebrock, so thank you.

One question I have, was there any thought or discussion [[particularly after the RCA years) of Berry Gordy and Diana Ross joining forces again with him either guiding or executive producing a new album by her.

aftering hearing Diana sing Ive Got Crush On You with Rod , it made me want a solo version or entire of songs as this.

Quote Originally Posted by mofreaktown View Post
    I have been a Diana Ross fan since the release of Back In My Arms Again. This has been one of the most thoroughly enjoyable threads I have read on this forum. There is a lot of backstory to her recordings that I was not aware of. A lot of this is due to the comments by Bluebrock, so thank you.

One question I have, was there any thought or discussion [[particularly after the RCA years) of Berry Gordy and Diana Ross joining forces again with him either guiding or executive producing a new album by her.
    They remain very close but Berry is too old to get involved in the day to day running of her career. Her best bet would have been to hook up with Clive Davis around 10 years ago. I know she didn't want to go down the standards route but i am sure she would have had the opportunity to record some current stuff. Alicia Keys wanted to write for her and no doubt still does along with Pharrell and Nile.

wonder why she didn't want to record the Songbook. it would be perfect for her. she has recorded so many classics .I L Y cant be or shouldn't have been the last album.

also there are out takes drom her Diana! tv soundtrack album from 1971. I believe a supremes medley, reach and touch and a few more that were cut out.

I was playing "The Boss" cd this morning and thinking how relevant it still sounds. Diana has said she loves the album and i assume "dIana" from 80. What confuses me most is that given she thought both were strong albums, why oh why did she stay away from making another complete R&B/Pop album until "Take Me Higher in 95. At one point during the 80's i assumed she hated R&B, preferring all out pop or rock infuenced songs. Given that she seems to have little affection for her RCA material today, it seems hard to fathom.

I was playing "The Boss" cd this morning and thinking how relevant it still sounds. Diana has said she loves the album and i assume "dIana" from 80. What confuses me most is that given she thought both were strong albums, why oh why did she stay away from making another complete R&B/Pop album until "Take Me Higher in 95. At one point during the 80's i assumed she hated R&B, preferring all out pop or rock infuenced songs. Given that she seems to have little affection for her RCA material today, it seems hard to fathom.
    She was responding to the market at the time. She has never considered herself as a soul singer despite loving soul music. Having said that has a wide taste in music from jazz, blues right the way through to classical and pop. She had the opportunity to do an album with Jam and Lewis in the mid 80's but pulled out of it, and of course she famously turned down Luther's repeated approaches . At the time she wanted to do pop and aor albums which she later admitted were not such a splendid idea after all. As I have said many times she needed guidance at that time. I only wish I had known her then. It could have been so different, and should have been.

She was responding to the market at the time. She has never considered herself as a soul singer despite loving soul music. Having said that has a wide taste in music from jazz, blues right the way through to classical and pop. She had the opportunity to do an album with Jam and Lewis in the mid 80's but pulled out of it, and of course she famously turned down Luther's repeated approaches . At the time she wanted to do pop and aor albums which she later admitted were not such a splendid idea after all. As I have said many times she needed guidance at that time. I only wish I had known her then. It could have been so different, and should have been.
    It's interesting that with "Take Me Higher" and "EDIAND" she chose to record two R&B influenced albums in a row. I have always wondered the reasoning behind such a move after generally distancing herself from that genre of music for so many years.
    In which direction would you have guided her had you been on her team from 81. It would not be an easy task methinks as at the time Diana thought she could do it all. The dismal "Silk Electric" proved she could not.

I was curious as to when Diana had really peaked.i was thinking 1981 but not sure. when do you think Diana was at the peak of her career.
    vocally I though t she was at her best in the late 70s but success wise ,I suppose the hit Endless Love was her peak.
    what about the supremes? I think I rememeber Diana saying that oct 65 was their peak,i was 3 then so I would not remember but going by success of the group at the time I was thinking oct 1966 with two back to back #1's and a #1 album??

Good question but so difficult to answer since her career was a succession of peaks and troughs.

On a personal level she must surely have gotten a great buzz from the critical and public acclaim plus the Academy Nomination for Lady Sings The Blues especially given the scepticism when the project was first announced and in a field which was then alien to her.

I'm not downplaying Diana's contribution to Endless Love but you gotta feel that had it not been a duet with Lionel Richie it would not have been the same success which is a slight downer for me personally.

Musically, I think you'd have to say 1980 with the massive diana album and Upside Down single backed with the self-defining I'm Coming Out single.

This is what probably prompted the offer from RCA. You can argue about the quality of her output there [[and I will always stand up and say that it has been unfairly and harshly judged) but after the initial success it wasn't a wise move commercially although at the time of the move Diana must have been on top of the world.

Have I forgotten something but I don't see the significance of October '65 for the Supremes?

I would have thought that it would have been around June or so when Back In My Arms Again gave then their fifth straight number 1 record.

I don't much about American life at the time but it must have shaken the music and social scene to the core when a young black female group came from nowher to achieve such a feat especially at a time when the Beatles seemed to have taken evrything over.

It's interesting that with "Take Me Higher" and "EDIAND" she chose to record two R&B influenced albums in a row. I have always wondered the reasoning behind such a move after generally distancing herself from that genre of music for so many years.
    In which direction would you have guided her had you been on her team from 81. It would not be an easy task methinks as at the time Diana thought she could do it all. The dismal "Silk Electric" proved she could not.
    For me listening "silk" is the same as listening "eaten alive", both are the same style except that one is made with greater skill. I still don't understand why she choose to record this type of music.

The peak of her career

From her point of view ? leaving the Supremes or Central Park.
    From a commercial point of view ? The diana lp
    From my point of view and also the press from the period, 1976/77/78 , with all her concerts, tv shows and super glamorous diva persona.

It is quite simple Ollie. I would have waited for Quincy Jones to be available for her debut rca album. He was quite willing to do it but was still working on Patti Austin's "every home should have one" and Diana couldn't/ wouldn't wait. To replace "silk electric"i would have had Michael Jackson produce and write much of the album. Again he was willing to do it but had to wait for a window in his hectic schedule. To replace "ross78" i would have brought Ashford and Simpson back on board. Again they were willing to do it, indeed wanted to do it. I would have involved Lionel Richie more on "swept away" and got Jam and Lewis involved. Luther would have produced an album too. Sadly it was not to be.

[QUOTE=Albator;337715]For me listening "silk" is the same as listening "eaten alive", both are the same style except that one is made with greater skill. I still don't understand why she choose to record this type of music.

Me neither. As the "diana" album turned out to be such a career- defining hit for her, why turn to pop/rock for the next upteen albums. To me it made no sense.

It is quite simple Ollie. I would have waited for Quincy Jones to be available for her debut rca album. He was quite willing to do it but was still working on Patti Austin's "every home should have one" and Diana couldn't/ wouldn't wait. To replace "silk electric"i would have had Michael Jackson produce and write much of the album. Again he was willing to do it but had to wait for a window in his hectic schedule. To replace "ross78" i would have brought Ashford and Simpson back on board. Again they were willing to do it, indeed wanted to do it. I would have involved Lionel Richie more on "swept away" and got Jam and Lewis involved. Luther would have produced an album too. Sadly it was not to be.
    It all sounds good to me Bluebrock. I am very suprised Diana never worked with Nick and Val again after "The Boss". Is it true they were going to produce an album for her around the time of Central Park?.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post

Have I forgotten something but I don't see the significance of October '65 for the Supremes?
    When Diana appeared on the Barbara Walters Special in 1978, I believe she said October 1965 was the peak of their success. She pointed to a poster hanging on her wall for their Lincoln Center concert that month. I don't know why she considered that the peak, other than she had the poster. I don't think it was all that deep.

It all sounds good to me Bluebrock. I am very suprised Diana never worked with Nick and Val again after "The Boss". Is it true they were going to produce an album for her around the time of Central Park?.
    Yes it was Ollie. They even provided demos for songs which were later used on their albums with ullanda mccullough. Anyone with a good ear for music should check those albums out by the way. Not 100% certain why this did not happen because the three of them had had an excellent working relationship and Nick and Val attended a few of her shows around this time. It is frustrating to think what great music we could have had rather than the claptrap that made up much of the work on those first three rca efforts.

I did check out the Ullanda Mccullough album as produced by A&S but her voice, although good does nothing for me. Nick and Val had a way of pulling the performance out of Diana. No vocal coasting on albums produced by them.
    I no longer own Diana's first two RCA cd's. I gave then away as it seemed pointless owning something i would never play. I do have the expanded "ross" cd as i enjoy the Gary Katz produced songs. It's just a shame there are so many bloody remixes of "Upfront" on it.
    Had Katz produced the whole album, i think "ross" would today be accepted as one of Diana's better efforts for RCA.

Oct. 1965 was the peak of success for The Supremes as they had just crested off a record breaking 5 consecutive national #1 singles, a major chunk of their 12 #1 chart hits, something no other U.S. group, male or female, has ever accomplished..

I did check out the Ullanda Mccullough album as produced by A&S but her voice, although good does nothing for me. Nick and Val had a way of pulling the performance out of Diana. No vocal coasting on albums produced by them.
    I no longer own Diana's first two RCA cd's. I gave then away as it seemed pointless owning something i would never play. I do have the expanded "ross" cd as i enjoy the Gary Katz produced songs. It's just a shame there are so many bloody remixes of "Upfront" on it.
    Had Katz produced the whole album, i think "ross" would today be accepted as one of Diana's better efforts for RCA.
    That's fair enough Ollie. The point i was trying to convey was that the bulk of those songs were intended for Diana, and i can imagine her singing them. Nick and Val thought them too good to discard and handed them over to a very grateful Ullanda Mccullough who did a decent job on them in my opinion. They would have made a far stronger album than those rca efforts.
    I still own the expanded editions of the first two rca efforts and i played them both at least twice but i think it highly unlikely i shall go back to them anytime soon. Maybe, just maybe Diana will allow the unreleased stuff to see the light of day, but if these songs were deemed inferior to the stuff that got released then my hopes of uncovering a few gems are likely to be dashed!

Certainly agree with Quincy, Ashford & Simpson and Lionel but much as I Love MJ I wouldn't be at all sure about an album written/ produced by him based on Muscles or Eaten Alive. EA by far her worst single of the RCA years and I don't particularly like Muscles - imo it did pretty well if not spectacularly on the back of Michael' s name and Diana's popularity at the time.

An album may have done the same but I don't know if I could have borne listening to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Certainly agree with Quincy, Ashford & Simpson and Lionel but much as I Love MJ I wouldn't be at all sure about an album written/ produced by him based on Muscles or Eaten Alive. EA by far her worst single of the RCA years and I don't particularly like Muscles - imo it did pretty well if not spectacularly on the back of Michael' s name and Diana's popularity at the time.

An album may have done the same but I don't know if I could have borne listening to it!!
    Check out "your the one" by Jennifer Holiday, a song written by Jacko specifically for Diana. She turned it down. Jacko knew it was a gem so he produced it for Holliday. It is a quite beautiful song that would have been included on the Jacko produced 2nd rca album, and there are others. That album could have been a gem. Instead we got "silk electric". I rest my case.

I'm not convinced by Michael as producer for Diana ... He wasn't mature enough and his love songs are a little bit too simplistic for a lady like Miss Ross. She is always at her best when it comes to sentimental confusion or ambivalence.
    Quincy Jones ? I like what he did for Donna Summer and Patti Austin but I'm not sure his funk style would fit Diana... by the way the Melissa Manchester "Mathematic" lp isn't great at all. But The Wiz contain great performances so maybe...
    Luther Vandross is more obvious even if his work with Dionne is just OK.
    Lionel Ritchie was perfect , like Stevie Wonder.
    She was in good hands with Gary Katz, but maybe she didn't trust him enough to push to far in this direction. Sade was a success two years latter with this same kind of cold sophistication, so maybe It wasn't a commercial enough for a veteran performer like Diana Ross.
    The perfect team is always Ashford and Simpson.
    Last edited by Albator; 06-19-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    I'm not convinced by Michael as producer for Diana ... He wasn't mature enough and his love songs are a little bit too simplistic for a lady like Miss Ross. She is always at her best when it comes to sentimental confusion or ambivalence.
    Quincy Jones ? I like what he does for Donna Summer and Patti Austin but I'm not sure his funk style would fit Diana, by the way the Melissa Manchester "Mathematic" lp isn't great at all. But The Wiz contain great performances so maybe...
    Luther Vandross is more obvious even if his work with Dionne is just OK.
    Lionel Ritchie was perfect , like Stevie Wonder.
    She was in good hands with Gary Katz, but maybe she didn't trust him enough to push to far in this direction. Sade was a success two years latter with this same kind of cold sophistication, so maybe It wasn't a commercial enough for a veteran performer like Diana Ross.
    The perfect team is always Ashford and Simpson.
    Good observations which i mostly agree with. Stevie Wonder or Lionel Ritchie would have been perfect. As far back as 74 l thought the songs included on Stevie's "Presents Syreeta Album" were perfect for Diana and the sort of album Motown should have been putting out on her instead of hodge podge like "Last Time I Saw Him" which i think hurt her credibilty as a serious albums artist.
    Back to 82..... I do wonder had "Silk Electric" [[hate the title") nose dived would Diana have turned to a veteran producer for help. I would like to think she would, but having just broken away from Motown i'm not so sure.

Good observations which i mostly agree with. Stevie Wonder or Lionel Ritchie would have been perfect. As far back as 74 l thought the songs included on Stevie's "Presents Syreeta Album" were perfect for Diana and the sort of album Motown should have been putting out on her instead of hodge podge like "Last Time I Saw Him" which i think hurt her credibilty as a serious albums artist.
    Back to 82..... I do wonder had "Silk Electric" [[hate the title") nose dived would Diana have turned to a veteran producer for help. I would like to think she would, but having just broken away from Motown i'm not so sure.
    he had Luther banging on her door from as early as 1982. He always felt he could cut a great album with Diana. Instead he cut his teeth on a decent effort with Cheryl Lynn and then of course those pair of gems with Aretha. All this time he wanted to work with Diana. She let him do some arranging on "silk electric". He didn't rate that album any more than the rest of us but he thought it would get his foot in the door. He didn't do himself any favours with the album he did with Dionne. Neither Dionne or Diana were impressed with that effort.
    I agree that "ltish" did Diana no favours. I cannot understand how Berry let that turkey escape from the farm coming as it was after such a personal album as "touch me in the morning". I agree Ollie that Stevie would have been the perfect fit for her at this time just as he would have been for the 70's Supremes. The tracks they did cut together remain in Stevie's vast vault and neither Diana or Universal can get access to them.

strange how Diana can be SO picky at times, yet , not so much at other times. I understand her wanting to control her career, after many years of having a man career her. but obviously, she needed help . I would have thought she knew what , and who was good for her. I remember on a Barbra Walters interview in the 80s and she stated , I Know What Works. I had to laugh and thought , thats why you haven't had a hit in 5 years

although Diana released some good gems in the 80s, I do wish she had worked with LuthermLionel and Quincy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Oct. 1965 was the peak of success for The Supremes as they had just crested off a record breaking 5 consecutive national #1 singles, a major chunk of their 12 #1 chart hits, something no other U.S. group, male or female, has ever accomplished..
    now that makes sense, 5 #s in a row, kind of forgot,lol

although Diana released some good gems in the 80s, I do wish she had worked with LuthermLionel and Quincy
    Me too. A couple of the demos that Quincy sent to Diana ended up on the Donna Summer set he produced a few years later. This could have been a sparkling start to her rca career. Quincy worked well with her on "the wiz" soundtrack and stated how professional she was. So many lost opportunities.

I am just shaking me head. don't get it but....she wanted control. anyway. there were some gems at RCA....Hard for me to say, that's how you start over,crimes of passion, chain reaction, summertime, you do it. a couple favs from my short rca playlist

Bluebrock, I think we all wish you knew Diana in the 80s. at least I do.

I have much to thank Spandau Ballet for. This much is true!!!
    I'm glad you haven't 'cut a long story short' in this thread and look forward to many more of your tales.

Bluebrock, I think we all wish you knew Diana in the 80s. at least I do.
    Me too David. I just know i could have got through to her, and i honestly think the 80's could have been another glorious decade of classics. Sure she she recorded the odd gem here and there but nowhere near enough for an artist of Diana's calibre. Thank you for your interest. It is good to share these memories with fellow devotees.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    I'm glad you haven't 'cut a long story short' in this thread and look forward to many more of your tales.
    Love it Levi!! Spandau are a great set of lads and i continue to be a fan . These guys are real soul boys and i struck "gold" when i met them!!

Does anyone know what Diana was doing in 75. This has always been a bit of a mystery year for me. Did she take the time off to be with her family or did she tour somewhere?. Other than a coke jingle it seems she was not recording anything. I rememberer seeing a photo of her circa 75 singing at a concert hall somewhere in America.
    Perhaps she was kept busy with choreographer Joe Layton, putting a new show together for the following year.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 06-21-2016 at 03:33 AM.

honest man Guest
    Does anyone know what Diana was doing in 75. This has always been a bit of a mystery year for me. Did she take the time off to be with her family or did she tour somewhere?. Other than a coke jingle it seems she was not recording anything. I rememberer seeing a photo of her circa 75 singing at a concert hall somewhere in America.
    Perhaps she was kept busy with choreographer Joe Layton, putting a new show together for the following year.
    I Reckon Mahogany movie was keeping her soooooooooooo busy maybe,cheers.