[REMOVE ADS]

I have no problems with the list,except i would put[mary wells]ahead of mariah...but that's just me,other wise it's cool.

I generally like the list but how is it measured? If we are talking talent then there is no way someone like Janet Jackson can be above the likes of Anita Baker, Mary J Blige, Alicia Keyes, Toni Braxton etc. If it is based on record sales then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I generally like the list but how is it measured? If we are talking talent then there is no way someone like Janet Jackson can be above the likes of Anita Baker, Mary J Blige, Alicia Keyes, Toni Braxton etc. If it is based on record sales then so be it.
    Only way I'd see Rihanna's inclusion on list, honestly [[crossover record sales), as is also Janet, Mariah, and Whitney.

This Rihanna seems to pull #1's out of a hat constantly; I wonder if she sells like Diana and Whitney used to.

This isn't a totally sale list because Whitney and Diana vastly outsold Aretha Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    This Rihanna seems to pull #1's out of a hat constantly; I wonder if she sells like Diana and Whitney used to.

This isn't a totally sale list because Whitney and Diana vastly outsold Aretha Franklin.
    Diana Ross can't even be considered since hasn't sold anything this entire century so far! Find at least a relevant artist. What next? You'll be trying to include Big Mama Thorton? LOL

This is list has been modify many times with the fans of some females contacting the guy maintaining the list to complain that their favorite diva's position should be higher.......... that's the truth. So it has nothing to do with sales and even ability comes into question when you now know how the rankings get changed.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Diana Ross can't even be considered since hasn't sold anything this entire century so far! Find at least a relevant artist. What next? You'll be trying to include Big Mama Thorton? LOL
    Once again you just cant help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Once again you just cant help yourself.
    Ralph! I would like you to watch Roberta75 follow me around this forum over the next several days. I want you to see what she does as it relates to me and my postings. Thanks.

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 03-18-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Ralph! I would like you to watch Roberta75 follow me around this forum over the next several. I want you to see what she does as it relates to me and my postings. Thanks.

Marv
    Oh grow up and stop running and whining to Ralph your acting like the mean and bitchy overweight high school bully. Ralph can watch me or warn me or ban me but know one thing my dear Im totally on to your games and tricks and cyberbullying tactics.

All right kids settle down

How bad! I just realized I typed "Too" in the Headline instead of "Top".

Good lord!

Oh grow up and stop running and whining to Ralph your acting like the mean and bitchy overweight high school bully. Ralph can watch me or warn me or ban me but know one thing my dear Im totally on to your games and tricks and cyberbullying tactics.
    You are the only man I know that talks this much strong shit over a computer. It tells me that you are a natural coward and must have been the bullied one at your school. Something says you have a deep seated weakness so you try to project the opposite over the internet where people can't get their hands on you. But you are also a fool because you leave a lot of permanent information yourself that those that want to take the time to find, can find you.

Kids calm down it ain't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Kids calm down it ain't worth it
    Blackguy69 I understand what you're saying and I really appreciate you. There never is any trouble until Roberta shows up. She has been dormant for the last several weeks which is why we have had peaceful bliss here. Now she is back, and the troubles start as usual. She likes that and that the only reason she comes to this forum.

You are the only man I know that talks this much strong shit over a computer. It tells me that you are a natural coward and must have been the bullied one at your school. Something says you have a deep seated weakness so you try to project the opposite over the internet where people can't get their hands on you. But you are also a fool because you leave a lot of permanent information yourself that those that want to take the time to find, can find you.
    Are you deliberately threatening me? You dont scare me but listen and listen good . If you every try and put a hand on me or come within six feet of me and I will have you arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Your threatening words have been printed and may get passed onto law enforcement so watch your step my dear.

Roberta....Cool it. you're out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Roberta....Cool it. you're out of line.
    I respectfully disagree Ralph. Im not the one out of line. Have you read some of the stuff Hes written about me and then he threatened me earlier. It may have been a veiled threat but it was a threat none the less. He threatened bluebrock yesterday in the thread that you deleted. I refuse to let any man threaten me online or in person. I can cool it but you need to rake the person doing the threats over the coals because giving him a free pass just isnt fair.

Fondly,

Robetta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 03-19-2016 at 09:55 AM.

I respectfully disagree Ralph. Im not the one out of line. Have you read some of the stuff Hes written about me and then he threatened me earlier. It may have been a veiled threat but it was a threat none the less. He threatened bluebrock yesterday in the thread that you deleted. I refuse to let any man threaten me online or in person. I can cool it but you need to rake the person doing the threats over the coals because giving him a free pass just isnt fair.

Fondly,

Robetta
    You had better not cause Ralph an ounce of trouble or I will open up the "vaults" on you............. You are very much out of line. You are also a great liar. Contemplate that during this, the Holy Week!

MARV

You had better not cause Ralph an ounce of trouble or I will open up the "vaults" on you............. You are very much out of line. You are also a great liar. Contemplate that during this, the Holy Week!

MARV
    I have no intention of causing Ralph any trouble. Ralph and me have a real nice relationship. I was responding to Ralph not you and once again I request that you stop threatening me. I have nothing to hide my dear so open away.

I have no intention of causing Ralph any trouble. Ralph and me have a real nice relationship. I was responding to Ralph not you and once again I request that you stop threatening me. I have nothing to hide my dear so open away.
    I will address anything I want towards you and anytime on this public forum. You don't like it? You what you can do.......!

Okay, Marv and Roberta. Let it go.

Okay, Marv and Roberta. Let it go.
    I will no longer post in this here thread and will move on with love and grace Ralph.

have a lovely weekend.

Fondly,

Roberta

I will no longer post in this here thread and will move on with love and grace Ralph.

have a lovely weekend.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Very dignified Roberta. This forum will be duller without you, though i fully respect and understand your reasons for not wishing to contribute anymore.

Very dignified Roberta. This forum will be duller without you, though i fully respect and understand your reasons for not wishing to contribute anymore.
    Oh my dear you are real sweet and real kind. Im not leaving the forum Im just not engaging the said person anymore.

yours with every good wish.

Roberta

I'm just not engaging the said person anymore.

Roberta, you're a peach. Thank you.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  21.1 KB

So, this thread is about female "R&B" singers that have too much estrogen in their systems?

I'm just not engaging the said person anymore.

Roberta, you're a peach. Thank you.
    She most certainly is Ralph. She most certainly is.

She most certainly is Ralph. She most certainly is.
    thank you dear Ralph and Bluebrock.

Fondly,

Roberta

Robb.....funny..

How bad! I just realized I typed "Too" in the Headline instead of "Top".

Good lord!
    Thank heavens you're not a lawyer

Why is this thread on the Motown Forum ? Only Diana Ross and Gladys Knight are cited. [[?)

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Why is this thread on the Motown Forum ? Only Diana Ross and Gladys Knight are cited. [[?)
    Valid point Phil. I hadn't even noticed that, but i guess the fact that Diana and Gladys are involved is perhaps reason enough to be included on the Motown Forum, but you are quite correct that it is not specifically a Motown thread.

Was anyone happy I found this list?

Was anyone happy I found this list?
    Not entirely sure I am my friend..............

Not entirely sure I am my friend..............
    The simplest of threads can cause distress I guess.

The simplest of threads can cause distress I guess.
    That would appear to be the case jobterob.

Someone posted a long article reviewing the latest Motown book and it sets out the divergent arguments and the debate about Berry Gordy and Motown.

On the one hand, you have a few very wealthy artists, writers, producers, not to mention Berry. And on the other hand, you have many that were left with little.

And it has caused anger amongst some of those people.