[REMOVE ADS]

The 100 Greatest Motown Songs!

Check this list out and see if you agree:

http://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/be...gs-motown.html

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  21.1 KB
    My list would be VERY different, with heavy emphasis on 1959-1965, and heavier emphasis on recordings NEVER issued on vinyl. I'm sure my list would look to just about everyone here that I am totally insane, and must come from another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  21.1 KB
    My list would be VERY different, with heavy emphasis on 1959-1965, and heavier emphasis on recordings NEVER issued on vinyl. I'm sure my list would look to just about everyone here that I am totally insane, and must come from another planet.
    Robb, I would love to see your list, because mine would also be very different from this list. It hardly gives a nod to any of the 70s recordings.

Okay...where the heck is "Love Child," for starters? That should have DEFINITELY been in the top 10! Also, I would have ranked "Baby Love" much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Okay...where the heck is "Love Child," for starters? That should have DEFINITELY been in the top 10! Also, I would have ranked "Baby Love" much higher.
    "Stoned Love" was one of the finest records released by Motown, but it did not make the list for some reason.

Smokey's "Being With You" should be on that list.

Agreed on both counts, Marv. Quite a short-sighted, if interesting, list.

If a true "100 Greatest Motown Songs" list be truly objective, it must solely be dependent on the Top Ten POP list, as pop means "popular", and making it, I believe I remember reading over a hundred of them during their "Golden Age" alone [[1960-1971) is a true testament of reaching the dream, "The Sound of Young America".

First, all the top spots, be filled with all the Number Ones, including all twelve of the Supremes', subsequent six by Diana Ross, including "Endless Love", at least six of Stevie Wonder's [[a couple more, depending on further stop point of dates on list), four by Lionel Richie according to "early eighties" rule, seeing as list is up to 1983, four each by Temptations and Jackson Five, three by Marvin Gaye, two each by Four Tops, Miracles, and Commodores, and one each by everyone else who made a number one.

Then, while obviously there are more than 100 top tens between 1960-1983, the most highest charting, longest lasting, preferably top five charters first, then top tens.

But, if it be MY list, it'd be full of hits, as well as "hits to me", including by some not-so-top-ten pop, R&B, or any charts singers, and range be from 1959-2005, sentimental memories of Brian McKnight's "Love Of My Life" and Kem's "I Can't Stop Loving You", my time.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 03-13-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Did anyone look at their top 100 r&b female list? Florence Ballard # 20 and Jean Terrell # 35 !!

Hey robb,i'm with you,not a bad list but mine would be different as well...where is-beauty's only skin deep..girl why you wanna make me blue..shake me-wake me..you're the one..can i,just afew that come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Did anyone look at their top 100 r&b female list? Florence Ballard # 20 and Jean Terrell # 35 !!
    Sorry, but appalled at Marilyn McCoo's placement [[#130, "Bubbling Under" as they would call it). Yes, I know, her voice is more tuned to sing pop, but she was extraordinary. I would have placed her at least on the twenties, while also swapping Nancy Wilson and Whitney Houston's position, Nancy, #11, Whitney, #21. And, my opinion, Phyllis Hyman should be a top twenty also.

..............HEY! WHERE'S JEAN CARNE AND ANGELA BOFILL?
    Last edited by Ngroove; 03-17-2016 at 12:36 PM.

HEY! WHERE'S JEAN CARNE AND ANGELA BOFILL?
    Ahem!!! Not to mention Linda Jones!