[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes sing People;Flo signs autographs and Diana goes into a store! Orient

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VkpPpduybbs I know this has been around but I've never seen it. Each takes turns but they seem to go flat at end of song!

Rather than their going flat, I tend to think it's more due to tape "wow," where audio or video tape has gotten stretched over time and that can change the pitch, making it sound as if things are off off-key, especially noticeable with vocals, naturally.

Along with a billion other fans i so wish there was a clear copy.
    On this occasion Mary is the star. Her voice sounds so warm and connected while singing People. An early indication of what she was capable of singing this kind of material

I, too, have always been impressed by how beautiful Mary's part of the song is. While Flo [[in my opinion) still steals the show in this number, Mary's performance is noteworthy in that she doesn't seem to be straining as she tended to do from time to time back then. Her voice is strong and her performance relaxed and confident, and I can only wonder why this number didn't remain a three-lead deal throughout its time in the act. It seems like the leads got tossed all around. First, it was just Flo and Diane in '64. Then just Diane at the Copa in '65. Then back to Flo and Diane when I saw them in the summer of '66. Then all three in this clip, which must have been filmed in '66 as well. Much has been said about the Copa situation, where some say the lead was taken from Florence, while others say she didn't feel she was in good voice during the run, wasn't confident enough, and gave it to Diane of her own volition. Whatever the case, this regrettably poor copy nonetheless demonstrates how capable all three gals were.