[REMOVE ADS]

The Damon Harris Story

Good day everyone,
    I do not know if this has been posted before [[I did a search and did not find it), but the following link is for a pdf file. It's called, "Fighting Temptation: The Damon Harris Story" and it's an interesting read.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...,d.eWE&cad=rja

thank you

In the earl days of the web, Damon Harris sent me an email

edafan

I agree it was an interesting read albeit brief. The full story of Damon Harris has yet to be told
    and probably would be better written by a third party, objectively. I still miss Damon and I mean
    no disrespect but I wish sometimes that soul musician biographers would give their subjects
    the same level of focus and attention to detail some Jazz historians give. Also, though I've
    been told Damon shared some responsibility for his ouster from the Tempts I've never
    forgiven Otis for sending him packing. Damon to my ears was the best replacement for
    EJK the Tempts ever had and I soon lost interest in the group after he was gone. Dug a few
    tunes, yea but stopped collecting them....

There was no one like Eddie but there was no better replacement for Eddie than Damon. I am glad he learned the real reason he was removed from the Temptations.

Like other I loved Eddie and his amazing vocal, but I always felt so close to Damon and felt his vocal was so pure and so close to Eddie being Amazing! Used to correspond a lot with Damon and he was so genuine, yes I miss him as well.

I always wondered why he and others were never acknowledged at all in any of the Motown anniversary television specials.

Ask ms[dupass],she was no fan of eddie or david so i don't think that if she had anything to do with it any former temp would get mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Ask ms[dupass],she was no fan of eddie or david so i don't think that if she had anything to do with it any former temp would get mentioned.
    She wouldn't even give Jean Terrell or Billy Griffin a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Good day everyone,
    I do not know if this has been posted before [[I did a search and did not find it), but the following link is for a pdf file. It's called, "Fighting Temptation: The Damon Harris Story" and it's an interesting read.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...,d.eWE&cad=rja
    Is this an actual book?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She wouldn't even give Jean Terrell or Billy Griffin a mention.
    I don't recall the "Father of Motown" Marv Johnson being mention either, do you?