[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I placed my order on 3/3/16 for $60 with the price drop guarantee that if the price goes down I will get the lowest price. Today, a little over a month later, the price has dropped down several times and currently sits at $49.80. I should get the free shipping which was agreed to when I ordered the book even if it goes below the minimum for free shipping. Incidentally, I did order mine from Amazon USA. Maybe by September it will be next to nothing. Highly doubtful though.

I should go looking for this now!

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I placed my order on 3/3/16 for $60 with the price drop guarantee that if the price goes down I will get the lowest price. Today, a little over a month later, the price has dropped down several times and currently sits at $49.80. I should get the free shipping which was agreed to when I ordered the book even if it goes below the minimum for free shipping. Incidentally, I did order mine from Amazon USA. Maybe by September it will be next to nothing. Highly doubtful though.
    Price as of today has gone DOWN to $45.00. 6/27/16. Maybe with the turmoil in the UK it might go down way more. Stay tuned. I'm not anxious for that happen to see people in the UK get hurt.

I also ordered from Amazon U.S. what feels like years ago and I'll be happy to catch a break on the price by September

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon [[U.S.) for $54.00. The price by the time of release [[September) will surely come down. It usually does. As an Amazon Prime member, the free 2-day shipping will be great! I'll have it in my hands on the day of release. Prime membership may not be for everyone, but it's been a God-send for me. Given the number of CD's and other items that I order, Prime membership paid for itself in no time at all. This handsome, HEAVY new Motown book will be no exception!
    I check my pending orders periodically; I just checked and it is now at $45 USD and the pending release date for the U S is 9/13. So hopefully the price will go down further before it is sent to U S purchasers.

I pre-ordered this so long ago! On my Amazon US order the price is $32.28. I don't know that it will be cheaper than that before I get it but I'm pleased with that price.

I check my pending orders periodically; I just checked and it is now at $45 USD and the pending release date for the U S is 9/13. So hopefully the price will go down further before it is sent to U S purchasers.
    The price is sounding better all the time, woodward! I pre-ordered my copy of the new Motown book so long ago, I had actually forgotten about it! Monday will be August 1 and, compared to the time we've already waited [[since March), the September release date is almost here. [[Wow! August already! Where has the summer flown to?!!!)

Last month I saw a copy in Foyles, London, looked through the book and was so impressed that I had to buy it there and then.

I haven't started reading it yet as I'm scared I met get a hernia lifting it off the bookshelf!

I pre-ordered my copy 16 May 2016. At the time I placed the order, the cost was $60.00. Unfortunately, it is not scheduled to arrive until 16 September 2016. The pre-order price has been reduced to $45.00 + $3.94 tax and "no shipping costs".
    i am an Amazon Prime customer.
    While I concur that the original $60 price tag was steep, but, Snoop Dogg says it best, "maybe it's not for you". Instead of making judgments on whether someone should spend the money, especially those of us that own volume[[s) of Motown books and memorabilia. Chances are high that in a year or so, you may be able to locate one for half the costs.
    However, I have read Adam White's Billboard International column for years and find his commentary valuable.
    I have a strong personal interest in the Marketing/Sales end of the business. Since I sadly possess no musical or arts talent, Marketing/Sales remain highly interesting. You rarely hear Barney Ales perspective, save for a line or two, here and there. The fact that Mr. Gordy had the vision to build such a strong Marketing/Sales aspect of his company, despite his stating that it is the one weekly meeting he rarely attended....I still want to know how they broke through racial barriers early on in the game and had a slew of #1 hits, fascinates me.
    Eventhough I may not learn a lot of new info about Motown, I just cannot resist buying it.
    [[Some people think that $300 for a Prada shirt is expensive, while other see it as an investment in quality apparel.....who am I to make that judgment call for anyone. If it fits in your budget, even if you have to cutback on something.....do what's right for you. The rest is just noise from someone who does not fiscally support your decisions. That's my cheap two cent comment on cost).

Again, I checked my pending orders. It is now at $40.18 [[a reduction of 10.7% from the previously low price). Still slated for 9/13/16. Hopefully in the next two weeks, it will go down again. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I pre-ordered this so long ago! On my Amazon US order the price is $32.28. I don't know that it will be cheaper than that before I get it but I'm pleased with that price.
    Congratulations! I ordered mine in May 2016 from Amazon U.S., but, my price is still only reduced to $45, which I am still grateful for. $32.28! Would be even nicer. What's the secret?
    Even if you ordered from Amazon UK, where it's been available since March it is $45.07 [[USD).
    Last edited by Bokiluis; 08-24-2016 at 11:07 PM.

The $32.28 price has never been understood. He's lucky to have gotten such a low price.

The $32.28 price has never been understood. He's lucky to have gotten such a low price.
    I have no idea why my price is that low. I ordered it on February 4, 2016. This is what is says in my order history:

Arriving Sep 13, 2016
    Pre-ordered
    Track package

Motown: The Sound of Young America
    White, Adam
    Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
    $32.28
    Condition: New