[REMOVE ADS]

Soul legends Skegness this weekend

This weekend in Butlins Skegness there is a Soul legends weekend featuring Mary Wilson. Thelma Huston Sheila Ferguson Is anyone from the forum going ?

I am going. Bought my ticket and booked my accommodation before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I am going. Bought my ticket and booked my accommodation before Christmas.
    I would like to be, but will be in Bath for a short break. This is a really good line-up. Hope you have a good time Bluebrock. I look forward to reading your critique. Hi-de-Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I would like to be, but will be in Bath for a short break. This is a really good line-up. Hope you have a good time Bluebrock. I look forward to reading your critique. Hi-de-Hi
    You also dickiemint..........

You also dickiemint..........
    Thank you. It is less than 4 months since I last saw Mary. The last time I saw Sheila Ferguson was when she was with the Three Degrees, and I have never seen Thelma Houston or Gwen Dickey so I am looking forward to this.

I went to see Mary at Wembley on the legends tour last year, but have never seen Sheila, Thelma or Gwen. I always thought Gwen Dickey should have been huge. Never really understood what went wrong with her solo career after she left Rose Royce.

I went to see Mary at Wembley on the legends tour last year, but have never seen Sheila, Thelma or Gwen. I always thought Gwen Dickey should have been huge. Never really understood what went wrong with her solo career after she left Rose Royce.
    I agree Ollie. She ended up doing re-recorded versions of Rose Royce hits when she should have been given original material to record. She settled in the UK many years ago and is often on the concert circuit but until now I have not made the effort to see her. I think Jaki Graham is also on the bill. She had a pretty good voice back in the day.

Cheers Ollie9 but unfortunately I couldn't make this weekend although it is a great line-up I have seen all of the acts on the bill over the years and would think that everyone should have a fantastic time it's just a shame that the weather in the UK is so bad at the moment !

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Cheers Ollie9 but unfortunately I couldn't make this weekend although it is a great line-up I have seen all of the acts on the bill over the years and would think that everyone should have a fantastic time it's just a shame that the weather in the UK is so bad at the moment !
    Dickiemint...........if you are intending to wait for a time when the UK weather is good, you'll be too old to travel!

I know a couple of people who are going. They are already there. I should ask them to post pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    This weekend in Butlins Skegness there is a Soul legends weekend featuring Mary Wilson. Thelma Huston Sheila Ferguson Is anyone from the forum going ?
    Also Jaki Graham and Jimmy James & the Vagabonds.