[REMOVE ADS]

This is why they were Supreme

Never saw this--please enjoy if youd like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAB1...eature=related

olamaebarto Guest
    Some should have provided poor little Diana with a glass of water. She seems to have a horrible case of the hiccups in this film.

What about this one?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    What about this one?

I like how Diana's wig changes from the first shot where's she's walking in to the next shot.

topdiva1 Guest
    This why they where Supreme, and this is way Flo was not fat - as this was taped just a short while before she was fired for "being to fat", among other assorted and just as outlandish lies - hopefully the new film on Flo will finally set the record straight.

hi Top Diva - youve mentioned this before and Im really interested in this whole Flo-was-fired-because she was fat thing..I mean no she wasnt fat but she did gain weight - have you noticed there isnt alot of photos of Flo on stage at The Copa and the rest of those gigs in 67,,I think it would be a fair call to say photo access to the girls was limited by that disastrous summer..Its a fair assumption to accept that Berry called Flo fat at the 20 grand and he got a wet suit for it..There just isnt alot of photos of the girls on stage that Summer maybe Berry thought Flo wasnt looking her best and protected "the image"..just some thoughts - who came up with the stage banter "I'll have you know thin is in"? I dont believe Diana came up with that whole joke routine..and the other thing is in Peter benjaminsons tapes Flos size and her weight comes up time and time again..so it obviously bothered Flo but Motown didnt come out and say she was fat in 67..they said she was tired..they said she wanted a family..so when did the whole fat thing stick..? hmmmm

topdiva1 Guest
    Nomis - if you check just about all books written about The Supremes - they all say something about Flo having gained weight - as one of the flimsy reasons given for her being fired - however - there have been no pictures showing a "FAT FLO" while she was performing with The Supremes. Perhaps this is just another urban legend about Flo and The Supremes in general. including the ones you mentioned and a host of others - like Flo wanted to open an antique shop - etc. It appears what motown wanted to protect was the knowledge of internal bickering within the line-up, however that did not work.

thanks Top Diva nice to have you back around I missed you xx

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Nomis - if you check just about all books written about The Supremes - they all say something about Flo having gained weight - as one of the flimsy reasons given for her being fired - however - there have been no pictures showing a "FAT FLO" while she was performing with The Supremes. Perhaps this is just another urban legend about Flo and The Supremes in general. including the ones you mentioned and a host of others - like Flo wanted to open an antique shop - etc. It appears what motown wanted to protect was the knowledge of internal bickering within the line-up, however that did not work.
    Florence Ballard was never fat while a Supreme. The film will address that and many other falsehoods surrounding Florence Ballard. They will deliver the facts and the public will get more of the truth of what really went on behind the scenes.
    Last edited by marv2; 12-25-2010 at 02:40 PM.

How do you guys know so much about what will be in this film? Are you writers? Someone mentioned in another thread that Marv is a producer or something. Are you working on this film?

I am just curious. Susaye Greene posts here so I am just wondering if you guys are famous, too?

Merry Christmas.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    thanks Top Diva nice to have you back around I missed you xx
    Well Thank you so very much - it is nice to be missed. I hope that you join with me in looking forward to the day that this FLO BALLARD movie is shown - it will certainly give us all years of chat, post, and debate.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Never saw this--please enjoy if youd like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAB1...eature=related
    Thank you for this, I had forgotten about this performance and it should serve as a reminder as to why they were SUPREME !!! This performance was very well done.