[REMOVE ADS]

Why are some of the worst songs duets?

Some duets are great -- my favorites are "Hello Stranger" by The Supremes and Four Tops, and "I'm Going to Make You Love Me" by Supremes and Temptations. And the numerous duets by Gaye and Terrell and Gaye and Weston, all great, great stuff, as is the two fabulous songs by The Spinners and Dionne Warwick.

But some of the worst songs of all time are duets, and many in my bottom 10 of all-time are duets.

You'll lose your Christmas dinner on the Bing Crosby-David Bowie "Little Drummer Boy," -- I think the worst song of all time, though it gets a tough battle from "For all the girls I've loved" by Julio Iglasias and Willie Nelson, simply awful. Who can forget that stomach tuner "Islands in the Stream" by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers? Too much to take.

And of course, the zillion seller "Endless Love" by Ritchie and Ross is just Pepto Bismal waiting to happen.

Well since we're on the subject,i'm not a big fan of-ashford an simpson oh valerie is great but who told nick that he could sing,he should just stay in the back and let his wife sing with someone who would compliment her fine voice!

Ebony and Ivory has gotta be up there in the top five.

ha ha Dolly and Kennys Islands In the Stream is HUGELY popular here in New zealand..bars who cater to the suit and tie crowd play it ALL the time and everyone sings along..
    A couple of duets that missfired -
    Beyonce/Lady Gaga "Videophone"
    Aretha/Whitney "It isnt It Aint Gonna Be"

Hello All ..

One of the worst Duets I can think of is "The Girl Is Mine" by MICHAEL JACKSON/PAUL McCARTNEY.

The tune is O.K. its well sung and its well produced .. but .. the subject matter is such total !%&*.

Imagine the scene down your local boozer ..

GEEZER #1 : "Hello Mate, Are You Alright?"

GEEZER #2 : "Fine Thanks, by the way are you still seeing my missus?"

GEEZER #1 : "Oh yes, we were out together last night, she's great isn't she."

GEEZER #2 : "Yes she is, but I don't really think you should be seeing her."

GEEZER #1 : "Well, I'm seeing her again next tuesday evening actually."

GEEZER #2 : "Oh really? We're going shopping tuesday afternoon so you'll have a lot to talk about. Fancy another beer?"

GEEZER #1 : "Cheers, I'll have a pint of Stella."

GEEZER #2[[ To barman ) : "A pint of Stella and a pint of Fosters please."

GEEZER #1 : "Do you reckon Spurs will beat Man United tonight?"

Hmmmm?

I think it illustrates where these duets can go wrong ..

Two successful artists happen to be in the same room at the same time ..

Someone suggests they should make a record togethe ..

Everyone agrees what a GREAT idea it would be ..

A song is hurriedly composed ..

Studio time is hurriedly booked as both artists are due at separate airports in a few hours ..

And no one has the good sense to point out that the collaberation just doesn't work ..

Roger