[REMOVE ADS]

The Stars Came Out to Memorialize Natalie Cole at Crustacean in Beverly Hills

Mary Wilson sings for the gathering:

Attachment 10996

The social scene turned somber yet celebratory at a private memorial for the singer who touched so many lives

January 15, 2016 Kari Mozena Celebrity, The Entertainment Industry 0 Comments

Following singer Natalie Cole’s funeral on Monday, friends gathered to remember her through stories and songs at one of her favorite hangouts, Crustacean in Beverly Hills. Cole died on December 31 from ongoing health issues. She was the daughter of jazz great Nat King Cole and followed in his footsteps, forging a successful R&B career—and famously singing the duet “Unforgettable” with her late father thanks to the wonders of technology. The album it appeared on, “Unforgettable…With Love” earned multiple Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year in 1992. Over the years she also lent her talents to countless fundraisers and hardly ever missed Nancy Davis’s Race to Erase MS or her mother Barbara Davis’s Carousel of Hope Ball.

This celebration of Cole’s life was organized by her longtime business manager Howard Grossman and followed the singer’s funeral earlier in the day at West Angeles Church in God in Christ. Producer David Foster acted as an emcee and brought friends onstage to talk about Cole or perform. Mary Wilson [[The Supremes), Macy Gray, Eddie Levert [[The O’Jays), Johnny Gill, Freda Payne, Keith Washington, and Bobby Brown all sang in tribute. Others in attendance included Quincy Jones, Barbara Davis, Diane Warren, and Cole’s son Robert Yancy and his granduncle Freddy Cole, who concluded the evening on the piano playing “It’s Easy to Remember [[But So Hard to Forget).”

This i couldn't bring myself to go too,i know about all of it,i was sure Mary Wilson and a lot of the Motown people,were gonna be there,Mary had been friends,with Natalie since the 70s,i loved Natalie and her music,She Was The Best.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    This i couldn't bring myself to go too,i know about all of it,i was sure Mary Wilson and a lot of the Motown people,were gonna be there,Mary had been friends,with Natalie since the 70s,i loved Natalie and her music,She Was The Best.
    Mary Wilson and her former husband Pedro Ferrer bought a mansion in the Hancock Park section of LA in the 70s. I know that Natalie's mom, Maria Cole sold it to them . It was either Nat "King" Cole's former home or one directly across from it. I can't remember.

Wonderful Mary such a big part of Natalie's farewell and what a perfect song!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Wonderful Mary such a big part of Natalie's farewell and what a perfect song!

I am sure she sang it beautifully. I'm noticing how attentive producer David Foster is in the photo above.

I was happy to see that Quincy Jones attended. He has held up well all these years with his own health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I was happy to see that Quincy Jones attended. He has held up well all these years with his own health issues.
    Quincy is on The Late Show tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Quincy is on The Late Show tomorrow night
    That's great and thanks for the heads up!