[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy Ruffin sings top ten

Hi

can anyone tell me if the cd release of this album is in mono or stereo - the reason i'm asking is to ascertain whether 'tomorrow's tears' has ever been released in stereo in cd/download format. The version on his 'Motown Anthology' was the 45 mix in mono.

thanks

I downloaded the album sometime ago from iTunes and just gave a listen. It sounds like it is in stereo. Also, if you look for it on Amazon the picture show it as stereo: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=1 I hope this helps.

thanks for the info, Steve - tho' unfortunately it's not available on amazon uk and I think only available on iTunes USA (i don't use ITunes in the UK, and can't seem to search it as I have an old OS).

cheers

Yes it is stereo on my copy of the CD though its not apparent from the CD packaging - cover pic here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cookeph...hy/4012362997/

Hi!

Interesting comment from mysterysinger, as I too have the CD [Motown 3746354452, no release date given] and the cover clearly shows it to be in stereo. Perhaps there are two versions of the CD. Anyone know?

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motownjohnny View Post
    Hi!

Interesting comment from mysterysinger, as I too have the CD [Motown 3746354452, no release date given] and the cover clearly shows it to be in stereo. Perhaps there are two versions of the CD. Anyone know?
    Hi there - yes like a lot of the Motown CDs of the time it came out on MOTD prefix (5445) and then again with the 37463 prefix. The CDs used different scans of the same cover. The MOTD one that mysterysinger has shows a punch out hole and a slight tear on the sleeve! and no mention of stereo. The 37463 one shows stereo and also slight ring wear to the cover too!

I have the MOTD-5445 CD version (no stereo mentioned on the cover) and "Tomorrow's Tears" is definitely in nice, clear stereo.

Wish I could find the CD..Paulo XXXX