[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross & Her Fans

This is great! Diana's still got it, her fans are having a blast, and Tracee is just dynamite. Is that Diana's granddaughter with Tracee?

I love the guy who says "I saw The Supremes in 1970" and she says 'that wasn't me"!.. LOL! love it..

LOVE her impression of the fan whose camera she took! "I see yoooooouuuuuu!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I love the guy who says "I saw The Supremes in 1970" and she says 'that wasn't me"!.. LOL! love it..
    Love that!

That seems to be one of Diana's staple jokes. The same thing happened to me.

Way back in the 70s when she was appearing at the Palace Theatre, Manchester, UK we were sitting in the front row. Diana came down the side of the stage into the audience and walked right along the front.

I was sitting with a programme on my knee which had a picture of her performing on stage on the front and as she passed she pointed at it and said "That's not me, you know"!!!

I hear Sirius say that's Diana Ross if they play stoned love!

Kind of like when she was interviewed on English talk show about singing Nathan jones!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Kind of like when she was interviewed on English talk show about singing Nathan jones!
    Which she denied singing. Diane always makes it clear that she wasnt on the 1970s supremes hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Which she denied singing. Diane always makes it clear that she wasnt on the 1970s supremes hits.
    But for some odd reason, she can never seem to remember Jean Terrell's name.................

He point was people THOUGHT she sang Nathan jones. They thought she was Jean and Mary and Cindy in unison as per jobete saying Sirius thought Diana was Jean!
    Last edited by luke; 01-10-2016 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    He point was people THOUGHT she sang Nathan jones. They thought she was Jean and Mary and Cindy in unison as per jobete saying Sirius thought Diana was Jean!
    I never heard that on Sirius and I listen to Soultown channel just about everyday.

It's just an error that the people who think Aretha Franklin is on Motown make.

Or the people that post everything on the Motown Forum!

I hear that occasionally. DJs just assume it's her and speak without thinking.

This is what happens as time moves on and memories fade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    But for some odd reason, she can never seem to remember Jean Terrell's name.................
    nothing odd at all about it. When i asked her in the 90's which 70's Supremes song she wished she had sang on she said without hesitation "stoned love" and went on to say she thought Jean Terrell did a great job on it. She mentioned Jean's name before i did without any prompting so please stop making a mountain out of a molehill. We all have occasional lapses when recalling people. I know i do. It's human nature, particularly as we get older.

I bought my partner the Amazon Echo for Christmas not even sure of what it was. The next day I heard him setting it up. I guess he wanted to thank me in a special way. His first request of this device was for my benefit. All of a sudden I hear him say "Alexa play The Supremes." I was upstairs and could hear music but couldn't identify the song. I'm very good at hearing a Supremes song from quite a distance even in the noisiest environments. So I headed downstairs and as I approached I could hear Stop! In The Name of Love. However it wasn't Diana's voice nor Jean' s not even Mary's! I don't know who I was listening to but it wasn't any Supreme whose voice I was familiar with.

We tried another request with the Rolling Stones "Paint It Black" and heard a jazz instrumental of that song. I guess the Echo just scans an Amazon music database. Overall it's a nice device. I will have to try it on my own one day. On another attempt I did request Stop! and I did get Diana.