[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sometimes I read & wonder whether people actually have ever had anything to do with the entertainment field, ever lived through the 60s & 70s, or ever went to a club or a bar, for that matter.

To say that Cosby "gave" women drugs, as though that automatically equates to him giving them in order to rape them, is a huge leap to assumption & one which seems to leave a lot of history out of the equation.

Since the 60s [[just dealing with my lifetime, not the several decades which preceded me), men have been giving women drugs & drink & women have been willing recipients of them. In the entertainment business, drugs, drink, uppers, downers, coke & even orgies have been a part of the entertainment fabric. I'm sure that the musicians on this forum can tell you all sorts of backstage & hotel room stories from those days.

As a young DJ in the 70s, I watched women willingly accept coke, weed, drinks, you name it from men & it sure wasn't forced upon it.

Still others here act as though they've forgotten just how wild the 60s & 70s were, as well as the fact that just about anyone who became involved in those fields were well aware of the casting couch, as well as the fact that the field was so crowded with upstarts, that a whole lot of young women were more than willing to do whatever they believed would give them an upper-hand over the competition.

Including going to the motel or dressing room of a known married man, then willingly accepting & swallowing pills, the content of which were unknown.

How many here would accept pills from ANYONE & take those pills without knowing what you were taking?

Furthermore, how many of you would remain in contact with someone whom raped, molested, or even tried to rape or molest you, continue to be in their presence, even taking money from that person? And believing that you had been drugged, how many of you would accept a plane ticket from your rapist, go to see him alone, then take the same damned pills that you took the first time, which led to you BELIEVING [[NOT KNOWING, BUT BELIEVING) that you had been sexually assaulted the first time?

There's a difference between admitting that you gave a woman drugs in preparation for sex & saying that you drugged her. Case in point, men have been giving crack heads drugs in exchange for sex for about 3 decades now, men have been giving women drugs at clubs in HOPES of scoring sex since I was a kid & even before that.

And you're being very forgetful or disingenuous if you grew up in the entertainment business or even club life if you say otherwise. Even when my sisters & her friends were doing local modeling, just about every young woman was warned about the casting couch & to NEVER go alone to ANY man's room, no matter how "nice" or "helpful" you thought that he could be to your career.

I swear sometimes I read comments about this case & I could swear that everyone must've been neighbors with Beaver Cleaver or Greg Brady, because I remember the 60s & 70s as being far different than this Pollyannish utopia that many seem to be describing.

I have friends & family members, both male & female who were molested or raped & some of the accounts given by some of these women simply don't pass the sniff test. I don't know of one whom would've done half of what these ladies did, much less react as they did. ESPECIALLY in the entertainment business, where you have to have one hell of a thick skin & some toughness to traverse that minefield.

Now, I believe that we was a cad, I also believe that he took advantage of his status & made promises that he didn't keep & was probably more than a bit nasty & arrogant about it. But being a jerk doesn't make him a rapist.

And if any of you believe that 50 people can't lie about the same thing, I've seen a group of people lie out of their faces about something just because they didn't like a person, in this case, it was the police & they wanted to extract some vengeance against the police.

And not that I want to drag politics into this, but I see Presidential candidates & their followers lie every damn day & they lie about things that we've actually SEEN & can PROVE that they're lies.

So if thousands of people can lie every day full-well knowing that their lies can easily be refuted, how much more will someone lie about events which allegedly happened 20 to 40 years ago, when they have a score to settle, some tv appearances that they feel cheated out of & millions of dollars may be had?

Shit, we watch people lie for free & they're not even going to get a Happy Meal for their trouble, they do if for free.

One last question...wouldn't you think that at least one of these women would've seen a doctor, not so much for evidence to be used against Cosby, but at least to see whether he had given them a social disease which could be hearmful to their health?

Under those circumstances, at minimum, wouldn't you have done at least that much?
    Last edited by juicefree20; 01-07-2016 at 10:21 PM.