[REMOVE ADS]

Forensic Expert Creates Image Of Jesus [[PHOTO)

It's silly to try to imagine what Jesus looked like. It probably flies in the face of His message to give this more than a moment's consideration. But, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    It's silly to try to imagine what Jesus looked like. It probably flies in the face of His message to give this more than a moment's consideration. But, whatever.
    You know how it is. Every year around the start of the holiday season, there is some new story that hits the press.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You know how it is. Every year around the start of the holiday season, there is some new story that hits the press.
    To Jerry: It is not silly to try to determine what he looked like. If they had photography back then, this would be a very different world.

To Marv, this is old news. As the captions state, this came out 15 years ago, and I remember seeing these pictures.

It is silly from the standpoint that the best that could be determined would be the generic Middle Eastern Jew that the artist referenced. And I won't start on the blonde and blue-eyed Jesus that has me changing channels do frequently during the Lenten season.

Or the insanity behind the minds who need to believe the son of God must have looked like John Derek in order to be followed.

Hey maybe old j.edgar had a file on him.

It is silly from the standpoint that the best that could be determined would be the generic Middle Eastern Jew that the artist referenced. And I won't start on the blonde and blue-eyed Jesus that has me changing channels do frequently during the Lenten season.

Or the insanity behind the minds who need to believe the son of God must have looked like John Derek in order to be followed.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  21.1 KB
    I think it's silly and egotistical to think that "The son of God" is part man and part devine, or one of the 3 manifestations of God. The maker and ruler of "The Universe" is a human, or humans are made in his image?

From what I see, Humans are a LOT closer to being the "scourge of The Earth", and one of nature's most unsuccessful experiments, killing off life forms in the millions [[causing possibly the greatest extinction event in World history).

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  21.1 KB
    I think it's silly and egotistical to think that "The son of God" is part man and part devine, or one of the 3 manifestations of God. The maker and ruler of "The Universe" is a human, or humans are made in his image?

From what I see, Humans are a LOT closer to being the "scourge of The Earth", and one of nature's most unsuccessful experiments, killing off life forms in the millions [[causing possibly the greatest extinction event in World history).
    I'm heretical in my beliefs if compared to most Christians. Jesus made it clear that He is not God. Most Christians make Him to be a liar in spite of this. If Jesus was divine when on the Earth, how could He task us to live up to His supernatural example?

That undercuts his gospel completely. In my personal opinion, 95% of what is accepted to be tenets of Christianity are myths [[including the nativity scenes that have sparked civil lawsuits all over the country). The alleged religious right spends time and money fighting about issues that are based on things not found in the Bible.

My problem with artistic renderings are that they are silly. If Jesus looked like that bust, what did Peter look like? Or John?

I'm heretical in my beliefs if compared to most Christians. Jesus made it clear that He is not God. Most Christians make Him to be a liar in spite of this. If Jesus was divine when on the Earth, how could He task us to live up to His supernatural example?

That undercuts his gospel completely. In my personal opinion, 95% of what is accepted to be tenets of Christianity are myths [[including the nativity scenes that have sparked civil lawsuits all over the country). The alleged religious right spends time and money fighting about issues that are based on things not found in the Bible.
    I totally agree!

Let's not forget that all the things christians hold dear as christmas is off-date. The celebration we have as christmas originated as a pagan ritual.

My problem with artistic renderings are that they are silly. If Jesus looked like that bust, what did Peter look like? Or John?
    Jerry, it sounds like any rendering of Jesus is offensive to you. This is in line with what Islam believes, is that any rendering or photographing of Mohammed is offensive. I work with a guy whose views are so extreme that he is offended by anyone of Latin culture naming their kid "Jesus"! LOL! And, he's part Mexican!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Jerry, it sounds like any rendering of Jesus is offensive to you. This is in line with what Islam believes, is that any rendering or photographing of Mohammed is offensive. I work with a guy whose views are so extreme that he is offended by anyone of Latin culture naming their kid "Jesus"! LOL! And, he's part Mexican!
    I am offended, but not for the reasons you might think. I'm offended by the hubris of people who represent Him as they would like to believe He appeared [[which typically is like He belonged to their race). More often than not, that is the Aryan Christ that let slave owners believe they were closer to God than the people they enslaved. I have no idea what He looked like, but to put my face on him is sacrilegious [[to me, anyway).

Faith requires belief in something unseen, so why do "believers" need to put a face on Him [[and in their imagination, on God)? If you can only believe in something conditionally, then that is not faith and I have little patience for hypocrites.

I am offended, but not for the reasons you might think. I'm offended by the hubris of people who represent Him as they would like to believe He appeared [[which typically is like He belonged to their race). More often than not, that is the Aryan Christ that let slave owners believe they were closer to God than the people they enslaved. I have no idea what He looked like, but to put my face on him is sacrilegious [[to me, anyway).

Faith requires belief in something unseen, so why do "believers" need to put a face on Him [[and in their imagination, on God)? If you can only believe in something conditionally, then that is not faith and I have little patience for hypocrites.
    The only thing that offends me is that in movies they always, always get a white guy with long hair to play Jesus. That is because they can't fathom the thought of a non-European as the one they pray to.

I do see what you're getting at, but attempt as rendering a truer idea of what Jesus really looked like, based on historical data, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm more against the concept than the rendering. To be honest, I'm sure that's what a typical Jewish man circa year zero would look like. Besides Barry Gibb playing Jesus in most movies, I usually look at how well his hair is combed and how nice his teeth are. Apparently, they had great personal stylists in Israel 2,000 years ago.

Vs.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 12-21-2015 at 03:33 AM.

I'm more against the concept than the rendering. To be honest, I'm sure that's what a typical Jewish man circa year zero would look like. Besides Barry Gibb playing Jesus in most movies, I usually look at how well his hair is combed and how nice his teeth are. Apparently, they had great personal stylists in Israel 2,000 years ago.

Vs.
    Barry Gibb was a horrible example. He doesn't come close. He's a white European. He has the wrong hair and facial features. And, tell me what movie he ever played Jesus in?

The Bible says Jesus had hair like lamb's wool. The stringy stuff doesn't work.

And, again it happened: CNN did a documentary on Judas, and every one of disciples were depicted as Middle Eastern people with black, curly hair, while Jesus was a blonde European who looked more like a rock star from the 70s. The covert message is that it takes a White man to be in charge.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa,barry gibb,remember the[1962]king of kings with jeffery hunter-blond hair blue eyes...one word-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Barry Gibb was a horrible example. He doesn't come close. He's a white European. He has the wrong hair and facial features. And, tell me what movie he ever played Jesus in?
    I love you, brother, but you have no sarcasm in your genetic makeup. I used Barry Gibb [[being silly, mind you, like when I said John Derek earlier) because he epitomizes the features of 90% of the Jesus portraits I've seen which were highly unlikely to match those of indigenous Middle Eastern Jews.

That reminds me of a story I heard when my uncle told my grandmother that the portrait of Jesus that she had hanging in the house was actually an old Hollywood promotional photo of John Derek. LOL.

I worked at a place once where there was a dude who looked like[you guessed it]i mean the long hair,the beard blue eyes,and every time he passed by somebody would shout -jesus christ....he cut the beard,the hair and left after awhile,we were just having fun,hehehehehe!!!

I remember one time when a guy who worked for me said that I looked like a box of Sugar Babies while riding on a small yellow golf cart at work. I told him that was racist [[feigning indignation, because he was cool with me) and asked why he said it. He replied that he felt okay saying it since I told him he looked like Jesus once.

"I did that?!", I asked.
    "Yep," he replied.

He basically reminded me that I can be a huge dick without even noticing it sometimes. We laughed for the rest of the shift.

The Bible says Jesus had hair like lamb's wool. The stringy stuff doesn't work.

And, again it happened: CNN did a documentary on Judas, and every one of disciples were depicted as Middle Eastern people with black, curly hair, while Jesus was a blonde European who looked more like a rock star from the 70s. The covert message is that it takes a White man to be in charge.

Wasn't his skin the color of ash? Do you know what it means when people say that they are ashy and need some lotion?

Wasn't his skin the color of ash? Do you know what it means when people say that they are ashy and need some lotion?
    I never heard of that expression, but suffice it to say that Jesus was dark-skinned, very possibly closer to Black-African. But, you'll never get the European world to admit it. Any time you do put a person like that in a depiction of Jesus's time, people think he's Judas. Religion had everything to do with that, especially catholicism.

I never heard of that expression, but suffice it to say that Jesus was dark-skinned, very possibly closer to Black-African. But, you'll never get the European world to admit it. Any time you do put a person like that in a depiction of Jesus's time, people think he's Judas. Religion had everything to do with that, especially catholicism.
    I was startled when I first saw the drawing in this article. It looked very much like someone I have known for a very long time.

We humans are a strange bunch.

I was startled when I first saw the drawing in this article. It looked very much like someone I have known for a very long time.
    https://youtu.be/C21mASBdAkU

But the real irony is that the lord jesus is just smiling at our silliness.