[REMOVE ADS]

Rene Moore sues EN Vogue for 100 million!

Maybe he will get the $190k returned. Asking for $100 million is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Maybe he will get the $190k returned. Asking for $100 million is ridiculous.
    The standard in the USA is you might get 1 to 5% of what you sue for.

You go Rene!!!!

Thanks Luke!

He will be lucky if he gets even that

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    He will be lucky if he gets even that
    He should get something though. They were wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He should get something though. They were wrong!
    Didn't know much about this but having read it I totally agree with him and I hope he is successful.

Thumbs up

Something maybe but En Vogue had completely passed their peak and haven't been a group for years.

I wonder with EnVogue being split in half and Terry & Dawn now having ownership of the name, will they be the only ones responsible in the suit

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I wonder with EnVogue being split in half and Terry & Dawn now having ownership of the name, will they be the only ones responsible in the suit
    I doubt it. They are going to make the individuals that were apart of the original agreement answer. Since they like to fight, let them fight with Rene!

A contract is different from just having own a name. So all four original members will be called in by Rene's lawyer.

And apparently Renee liked to fight with Angela per Unsung!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    And apparently Renee liked to fight with Angela per Unsung!
    This is true, which is why I said let them fight with Rene. LOL!

The biggest problem is that he assumes that he would've turned them into these huge stars & the jury is out on that.

En Vogue hasn't been selling anything, the members can't get along & their time as being musically relevant has long since passed. Anyone with a semblance of knowledge of the inner working of En Vogue is crazy to have signed them to begin with.

His claim that they "cost" him $100 million is hysterical, Seriously, other than songs by Rene & Angela being sampled by Hip-Hop artists, or their songs being covered, where is all of this musical hell raising which I should believe adds up to him "losing" $100 million because En Vogue signed elsewhere?

Can he claim that like Motown, he sent them to charm school, gave them etiquette classes, capped their teeth & taught them social graces? Did he create their style, image & sound, that they then took elsewhere & became the stars that they once were? Did he book them for 100 show tour with a big booking agent, causing him & the agency money for fronting all of this when he was left in the lurch?

Other than the same old wishful thinking that we hear from artists about the CD that they're working on, that never seems to be recorded or the "Big things" that were going to happen in 2005, 2006, 2007, that still hadn't materialized as recently as 2015, how can he prove his losses when En Vogue hasn't been generating that type of interest, much less that type of money for anyone, not even themselves?

Beyond that, where's this great body of hits that Rene has been churning out sans Angela Winbush? If anyone here knows of any, please lead me to them because I certainly don't recall any since Angela went solo & that was nearly 30 years ago. Hell, he didn't produce any for himself, so to my way of thinking, that figure of $100 million is wildly overstated, if not downright insane.

If what he says about fronting them $190K is true, then of course, they owe that. But saying that he lost all of that money is ridiculous.

Anyone with a working knowledge of En Vogue should've known that that situation is a mess & there are only 2 original members of En Vogue named in the lawsuit, Cindy Herron & Terry Ellis. Maxine Jones & Dawn Robinson are exempt. Here's just a few examples of what I'm talking about & by the way, the real number being tossed around is $310 million PLUS.

And everyone thought that Dawn was the problem. Anyway...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/01/en-vog...-name-settled/

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2013/0...-decision.html

https://twitter.com/dawnrobinson_/st...78864088129536

http://rumorfix.com/2014/09/maxine-j...th-them-again/

http://thegrio.com/2014/11/21/dawn-r...etime-lawsuit/
    http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/20/en-vog...-quit-lawsuit/

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...ter-label-flip

As I said, it's a mess, but if homeboy thinks that he's getting $310 million, much less $100 million, he needs to check what's in his water filter because it damn sure ain't Brita.

Juice, you know as well as I do that Rene Moore was over the top when he brought forth that suit! LOL! I do agree that EnVogue owes him something as NAS has said.........

Marv,

What he should be doing is thanking his lucky stars that he didn't have to waste time & money on them, in which case, he should be paying them for the favor. It's not as though En Vogue has been box office magic these days & their songs are more likely to go cellophane than Platinum.

Music has changed & truthfully, following all of the musical dramas & the fact that Maxine & Dawn won't be a part of it, kinda removes the sheen for the fans.

Having said that, I do believe that they have a fan base if ALL 4 ladies were involved but they've been there, done that, rinse, wash, repeat & they simply have fundamental economic issues which have always been at the root of their fallouts.

And when you read about how they were screwed financially from Day One, one can understand where Maxine & Dawn are coming from. The most that they made individually for an LP was $284,000 when they were at their peak???

I'd be pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Marv,

What he should be doing is thanking his lucky stars that he didn't have to waste time & money on them, in which case, he should be paying them for the favor. It's not as though En Vogue has been box office magic these days & their songs are more likely to go cellophane than Platinum.

Music has changed & truthfully, following all of the musical dramas & the fact that Maxine & Dawn won't be a part of it, kinda removes the sheen for the fans.

Having said that, I do believe that they have a fan base if ALL 4 ladies were involved but they've been there, done that, rinse, wash, repeat & they simply have fundamental economic issues which have always been at the root of their fallouts.

And when you read about how they were screwed financially from Day One, one can understand where Maxine & Dawn are coming from. The most that they made individually for an LP was $284,000 when they were at their peak???

I'd be pissed too.
    If you change the names and faces you have ........................TLC's story!!!!

If you change the names and faces you have ........................TLC's story!!!!
    Amongst a host of others!

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Amongst a host of others!

You know like I know! LOL! It's good to have you back Juice even if for just a little while man.

You know like I know! LOL! It's good to have you back Juice even if for just a little while man.
    It's nice to be here, as SDF will always be special to me. But I'm pretty sure that some may not be as joyous, as I tend not to pull very many punches when it's obvious that it's not necessary to do so.

I call it like it is, or I say nothing at all & that tendency can be upsetting to those who possess short memories.

Me...I remember some of my neighbors from when I was 4 years-old, which means that I've retained a lot of crap over the years & don't mind relating them when relevant to a particular conversation.

I don't go out of my way to be nasty, but as they say, sometimes, the truth hurts & I strive to be truthful, not revisionist. Which of course, isn't very popular in this age of GOP accounts which come straight out of Ripley's or Tattoo's Fantasy Island.

No fights, just facts.

Nothing else, just pure juice ..no additives. [[ have u heard that commercial?) lol. Good to hear u juice!

They are not the first or most original female ensemble. Other than their brand and fan base, they brought nothing unique to his production team. If he was going to put them back at the top, he should be able to do it with another group with similar talents. If he's upset beyond his front money, I'd suggest that it's because he felt that they brought more to the project than he did.