[REMOVE ADS]

Check out Teddie Morrow

Teddie is my long time production and writing partner. He and I wrote most of the songs that are on the Abraham Wilson, "Smooth" CD which we are now in the process of completing. A few years back, Teddie relocated to Mesa Arizona to do some Gospel work with Rance Allan, where he still resides. With any luck, I hope to lure him back to Monterey so we can continue where we left off. An exceptionally talented dude.
    Check him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it9pjGt3O-M

This guy has NICE CHOPS!!
    I hear Sam Cooke also....
    I like this guy thanks Ralph

Thanks PianoMD. Interestingly, producer John Rhys Eddens refers to Teddie as Sam Cooke with an edge.

Ralph, I didn't know of Teddie until now, but Rance Allen is a family friend of ours.

Marv,
    I write about Teddie in my book "The Road Through Motown". We had a ten year run as partners. It was during this time that Teddie developed a friendship with Rance, who wanted him to move to Mesa to work with him. After teddie and I went as far as we could go together, he decided to give it a try. Things are a little fuzzy as to what went down with that deal. I know one Gospel CD was released but I don't know the details.

Wow Ralph. You know Rance Allen is from Monroe, Mich? I believe he still has a home there too. His sister currently works with my brother George! LOL It is a small World. LOL! I have the book in my hand or rather on my desk in front of me and I see Teddie at Powerhouse back in the 90's. So Ralph, you never went ahead personally and produced any Gospel music tracks?
    Last edited by marv2; 12-20-2010 at 11:27 PM.

No I didn't, Marv. I had my reasons and decided not to get involved with this project. The one released album was not produced through Rance, but some other Gospel outfit that I had reservations about. As things turned out, Teddie got taken for a ride with the people he was dealing with and was never able to receive royalties due him, plus losing a good bit of his own money he invested in the project. I suppose the closest thing I ever did as Gospel would be " I'd Love To be As Heavy As Jesus". A song I wrote and produced for Stoney and Meatloaf.

I love his voice! He would be a great asset to an oldies group looking for a replacement.

Nosey,
    If I'm not mistaken, Teddie received an offer some years back, from the current Platters but decided against it because it wasn't where he wanted to go with his talent. In "The Road Through Motown" I write about the many possibilities Teddie and I dealt with that seemed to become some sort of comedy. We saw a slew of them.

I'm not sure why the video has been removed from youTube. I'll have to call Teddie and see what gives.