[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy Ruffin - It's Wonderful To Be Loved By You

See America missed out on many of these great songs and performances because of it's "attitude". I am very happy Jimmy found continued success in the UK because as you can hear and see, he still had the talent! Here, after your last hit record, they throw you away.

These were all good cuts with "Layin' It Down" being my favorite. Most never got the chance to here them in the U.S. Jimmy Ruffin was a "star" here from about 1966-68 and made a brief "comeback" in 1980! I know that is not accurate as far as his international career, but like I said that's how things went in America.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    See America missed out on many of these great songs and performances because of it's "attitude". I am very happy Jimmy found continued success in the UK because as you can hear and see, he still had the talent! Here, after your last hit record, they throw you away.
    It is indeed a shame. When the Motown artists come over, they are quite humbled that they are still loved in the UK like they were some 50 years ago.

When did America have a concert by Kim Weston, Brenda Holloway, Chris Clark.....and I could go on. It's a great shame. And it upsets me greatly that the VELVELETTES - the only Motown group from the 60's who are still the originals, rarely perform in the USA. Why do promoters not book these acts? They quite easily attract enough people at concert halls and weekend events in Europe.

Sad...very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    It is indeed a shame. When the Motown artists come over, they are quite humbled that they are still loved in the UK like they were some 50 years ago.

When did America have a concert by Kim Weston, Brenda Holloway, Chris Clark.....and I could go on. It's a great shame. And it upsets me greatly that the VELVELETTES - the only Motown group from the 60's who are still the originals, rarely perform in the USA. Why do promoters not book these acts? They quite easily attract enough people at concert halls and weekend events in Europe.

Sad...very sad.

The Velvelettes still sound as good as they did in the sixties. I think it is all about arrogance and money as to why they don't these still great acts. I was just at the Russell Thompkins & the Stylistics show last weekend and the crowd loved them! They responded to the group as if they were the latest thing.

We discussed Mary Wilson quite a bit on here. One of the reasons she gets to do a lot of concerts etc here in the States is because she is always doing something, every year! She's played from one end of the country to the other at least twice! Whenever there is a perceived lull in an artists career here, they seem to get forgotten....quickly. It's not fair, but it is reality in the U.S.