[REMOVE ADS]

Documentary Preview: "MICKEY STEVENSON--Motown's 1st A&R MAN" [[>3 Mins.)

http://youtu.be/xU4cDnpCN6I

Posted on YouTube by Innov8CreativeGroup.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 11-09-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  21.1 KB
    It looks like it will be very good. I can't wait to see it! Mickey was my favourite A&R man [[tied with Curtis Mayfield). And he and Ivy Hunter were my favourite writing team.

Nice to see he included scenes from the Funk Brothers Walk of Fame ceremony. Happy adding Mickey as an extra speaker to the event when I asked him if he'd like to speak along with Ray Parker and Stevie. Ana Martinez who runs the event for the Hollywood Chamber called and wasn't sure who Mickey was, telling me that he called her and wanted to bring a camera crew to the event. OK'd his crew for press credentials and told Ana that he would be added as a speaker after Mickey called me expressing interest in the event and we had a very nice conversation. Ana told me I could add a third speaker and I wrote out an introduction for him...Mickey made a nice speech...and we even added Paul Riser [[at Stevie's request) at the end as a fourth speaker which was unusual since usually they limit the speakers to two...Happy to see the project Mickey was working on come to fruition since he's definitely one of those people. like Jane Bradford, who were some of the less than familiar faces behind the scenes who played such an important role in the formation, operation, and success of Motown...and happy to see he included video from our Funk Brothers event in his documentary...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 11-10-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Mickey along with Stevie, Ray and Paul Riser, to help us honor The Funk Brothers...https://youtu.be/Fz8k-QNYXMA
    Last edited by StuBass1; 11-10-2015 at 02:07 AM.

Why is it we in the UK knew of these backroom people but they were not known in their homeland. I knew at least 2 big Stevenson Hunter fans in the 60's. Seems such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Why is it we in the UK knew of these backroom people but they were not known in their homeland. I knew at least 2 big Stevenson Hunter fans in the 60's. Seems such a shame.
    Looks a quality production from that clip.
    I used to love the UK Tamla Motown labels with the words 'Producer Smokey', 'Producers Stevenson & Hunter' etc. It was that actual terminology that somehow got me. I think we knew exactly who Smokey was at the time, but knew little of some of the others.

I seem to recall seeing Ivy's name on " He doesn't love her anymore" and thinking that it was a female writer/producer..and thinking that was quite 'cool'.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I seem to recall seeing Ivy's name on " He doesn't love her anymore" and thinking that it was a female writer/producer..and thinking that was quite 'cool'.
    First time I heard of Norman Whitfield it was as the writer and producer of He Means The World To Me, flip of the massive-selling Where Did Our Love Go. I thought how English his name sounded. He could well have been someone who went to school with me in sunny Lancashire!