[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Record Values

I was looking through my records yesterday and I was wondering what some of them might be worth. Just talking Supremes--I know 1st press Stool Cover is probably the most valuable, but do any of you guys know what some other ones might be worth? How about 45s? or picture sleeve 45's? Just wondering, I don't have a Goldmine Catalog to see what they say about the Supremes.

Which ones are you talking about? The original stools cover is worth hundreds. The early 45's go for quite a bit as well [[ie. I Want A Guy, Buttered Popcorn). Everything else doesn't really go for very much [[you'll probably get $10 at the most for each album, and that's being over-generous), unless it's in mint condition or still sealed. Picture sleeves are worth a little more I think. Maybe $10-20 or so? It really depends on the condition. The foreign released stuff is worth more nowadays as well. But the U.S. pressings of the original studio albums and 45's is what all of us already have, and there's tons of that on Ebay, so you won't get very much for it.

We got quite a few major Supremes collectors here on SDF, so they might have a different opinion on the market value of these items than I do.
    Last edited by carlo; 12-18-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Is it not the case that values of even the rarest records have plummetted quite a lot in recent years? Even the original Meet the Supremes and the first Marvelettes album?

I wasn't really talking about any specific ones. I do know the orignial stool cover is worth hundreds. I have some slightly rarer ones like:
    "Rodgers and Hart"--Still Sealed
    "We Remember Sam Cooke"--Like Mint
    "Funny Girl"--Sealed
    Baby Love/Ask Any Girl Pic. Sleeve
    "More Hits"--Stereo '65 ed. Still Sealed
    "GIT"--Still Sealed
    "Right On"--Open, but unplayed

of course i've got some other reissues and some common ones. I was just really asking in general.

"Tears of Sorrow" "7 must be worth something..the thing with the Supremes is they were such a mass produced product in the market its not hard to find a copy of anything really with the internet and all..the foreign "7 pic sleeves are highly collectable as there is practically hundreds of different sleeves to collect..I paid top dollar last year for Farewell and Never Before Released Masters on cd so there is definetly a thriving market out there for the genuine rare products.

15 years ago, the 45 of Tears of Sorrow was $450 US. I don't think it is anywhere near that now though.

Awesome site.

I saw a lot of cover varitations I didn't know existed.

I also ran across the 45 to Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine...
    I remember being on eBay and looking at it...wanting it...but the
    price was a little out of my reach

Quote Originally Posted by ajk93 View Post
    I also ran across the 45 to Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine...
    I remember being on eBay and looking at it...wanting it...but the
    price was a little out of my reach
    If you look at the right times, you'll find things for really cheap. I have the Dr. Goldfoot promo 45". I bought it several years ago from Ebay and it didn't cost me more than $20.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    If you look at the right times, you'll find things for really cheap. I have the Dr. Goldfoot promo 45". I bought it several years ago from Ebay and it didn't cost me more than $20.
    Wow!!! Awesome Find. $20...What a steal! I remember when I saw it, it was a seller out of North Carolina, he had it as a "Buy It Now" for $400 [[I'm like 99% sure it was 400). He also was selling Tears of Sorrow for the same price.