[REMOVE ADS]

Let's bask in some classic airchecks

And relive the glory days of radio!

From the North American Powerhouse.............CKLW!

Legendary "MOJO" [[not Detroit's Mojo) but WOHO Toledo's own...............

CKLW so powerful, so influential , that this is where Motown chose to first publicly announce that Diana Ross was leaving the Supremes. LOL! .....From Halloween, 1969!

Jo-Jo Shutty-MacGregor from the big 8 CKLW still broadcasts traffic on the weekend on CKWW 580 on your AM dial...

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    CKLW so powerful, so influential , that this is where Motown chose to first publicly announce that Diana Ross was leaving the Supremes. LOL! .....From Halloween, 1969!

Marv, thanks for posting. CKLW is part of my DNA! So much part of the city. I swear Detroit had some of the best radio media in the country. The Detroit news channels are some of the best in the country, especially channel 7!!!! I so much miss Detroit.
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Jo-Jo Shutty-MacGregor from the big 8 CKLW still broadcasts traffic on the weekend on CKWW 580 on your AM dial...

YES Stingbeelee! I still listen. I am listening to CKWW right now. I was suprised that they had JoJo [[Mrs. Bryon MacGregor) on the air after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv, thanks for posting. CKLW is part of my DNA! So much part of the city. I swear Detroit had some of the best radio media in the country. The Detroit news channels are some of the best in the country, especially channel 7!!!! I so much miss Detroit.
    Thanks again!
    DET! You are most welcome and I know what you mean. That's how I came to find SDF over 12 years ago! We did have the best didn't we?

Jillfoster, what a great idea for discussion/post! So much has changed in radio. I don't even listen to it much these days.

In[d.c.]we had three soul stations[w-u-s-t..w-o-o-k..-w-o-l]and the dj's played everything[a sides-b-sides]now radio is a sad joke,unless you have satellite.

Hey Marv; I made a big mistake! JoJo Shutty-MacGregor is on WWJ on the weekends not CKWW! She is still doing traffic reports; and she was the first female helicopter traffic reporter in North America! Boy, Byron MacGregor and 20/20 news; they made it seem like every story they did was of the utmost importance...It was in-your-face reporting!

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Hey Marv; I made a big mistake! JoJo Shutty-MacGregor is on WWJ on the weekends not CKWW! She is still doing traffic reports; and she was the first female helicopter traffic reporter in North America! Boy, Byron MacGregor and 20/20 news; they made it seem like every story they did was of the utmost importance...It was in-your-face reporting!
    No Stingbeelee, you didn't make a mistake. I heard JoJo on CKWW several times this year.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-14-2015 at 03:45 PM.

These would be better if they were not edited.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    And relive the glory days of radio!
    I was still listening to WWRL in the mid 90s!