We have a choice..........

We have a choice of becoming members of SDF, and of becoming entitled to sign in under our chosen screen name, and perhaps create a distinct personality apart from our real selves.

We have a choice of posting not only our own thoughts, but in response to those of others here.

We have a choice of not signing in, and simply viewing what others have written.

We have a choice of selecting threads which interest us, or posts from members who generally interest us.

We have a choice of disregarding comments which do not interest us, even if we should and do respect the opinion of those who made them.

We have a choice of disregarding comments from those we may feel we dislike, perhaps because they may be critical of someone we do like, and we should respect their right to do so.

We have a choice of dropping in here to make our big world a little smaller, to share with our friends here, and to enjoy the time we have together, while we still have it.

We have a choice to bring our unhappiness and misery, bad temper, illness, poverty and outright loneliness here, and hope to find a little understanding, without drenching our fellow members with our problems, yet perhaps be offered the opportunity to express and share them.

We have a choice, if we feel that all the above has failed us, to leave.

We have a choice to leave due to other constraints on time available to us, and to look forward to any of our other activities, yet be both sad and thankful for good times here, which may never return for us.

We have a choice to leave SDF feeling bitter and unhappy, if that is the choice we feel we cannot avoid.

I choose to stay for all the above reasons, except the one immediately above.

I value myself too much ever to allow that one to happen to me, and truly hope that it applies to everyone else.

I'm glad and pleased to be here for all the positive reasons. All the 2000+ members, and any views they hold, represent value and infinite variety.

Any views expressed here which are more controversial from mine simply do not bother me. At least someone took time and trouble to state them, instead of remaining silent and not participating at all. If each of us did that, there would be no forum for us to visit.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to simply state how I feel, whenever the spirit moves me.

I'm grateful for my choice.

I'm still here, and I'm going nowhere.