[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    No, they didn't dominate the Motown story, and I grew up in the 60s and 70s.

This site could still be a lot of things, but those Ross/Supremes fans spoil it. Someone told me that they are all refugees from the old Yahoo Groups forum that got shut down because of all their fighting over Diana Ross and Mary Wilson, and they have made an effort to make this place the replacement forum. And, you can spot these people by their use of "Diane", "Miss Ross", and veiled attacks on Marv. The industry people who used to post here don't want that. They don't care about Evan and Ashlee.
    You need to avoid all Ross/Supremes related threads if thats how you realluy feel and take the blinders off when it comes to marv.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    You need to avoid all Ross/Supremes related threads if thats how you realluy feel and take the blinders off when it comes to marv.
    I wasn't going to say anything, but if that is the case, then maybe we should practice what we preach. If you didn't try to bait Marv maybe he wouldn't say a word. Let me point out the own your own Diana thread as an example isn't that right Roberta.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything, but if that is the case, then maybe we should practice what we preach. If you didn't try to bait Marv maybe he wouldn't say a word. Let me point out the own your own Diana thread as an example isn't that right Roberta.
    I admit that error yes but if you believe hes innocent your are living on another planet dear.

I admit that error yes but if you believe hes innocent your are living on another planet dear.
    Thanks for the voice of reason, Lowell. And continuing thanks to Ralph for his work as moderator.
    First off, I'm going nowhere. Second off, I've seen these troublesome threads, haven't joined in [[have I turned the other cheek?), and dismissed the spats within as childish and not worthy of bothering about.
    That's all you have to do... and enjoy the rest.

I didn't say he was innocent. But. I can ignore and move on. On a side note, I just posted a vandella thread and you being a huge Martha fan maybe you can post and give your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I didn't say he was innocent. But. I can ignore and move on. On a side note, I just posted a vandella thread and you being a huge Martha fan maybe you can post and give your opinion
    I just answered you in that thread.

Perhaps I have an ide to help. How about the Dr fans create their own board? I am one and have a forum. It is not very active but could change. I think it would benefit all.

Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    Perhaps I have an ide to help. How about the Dr fans create their own board? I am one and have a forum. It is not very active but could change. I think it would benefit all.
    Let's see if anyone of them take you up on that, Koach. But, I think they like Marv too much to give this place up.

If you are such a good christian who strives to follow the teachings of Jesus, you would let this stuff about Marv GO! Let it GO!

You don't bait Marv, and Marv: don't take the bait! It's that simple!

Damn!

Dear Lowell.

The only person I unconditionally back and fully supportt is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    Well then it looks like it's time for you to leave too!
    Last edited by soulster; 09-28-2015 at 06:06 PM.

If you are such a good christian who strives to follow the teachings of Jesus, you would let this stuff about Marv GO! Let it GO!

You don't bait Marv, and Marv: don't take the bait! It's that simple!

Damn!

Well then it looks like it's time for you to leave too!
    Didnt you read my posting i said I was done with him. If only you were a moderator you could ban me.

If only you were a moderator you could ban me.
    Lucky you!

Didnt you read my posting i said I was done with him.
    We're holding you to it. We're all watching.
    Last edited by soulster; 09-28-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Lucky you!
    LOL. Thanks

Soulster,

I agree with you 1000%. It was the same thing 5 years ago & here we are again & I've only been here once in the last 2 years.

Feels as though I never left & have picked up where the last argument left off.

The vitriol spills over into other threads. I don't wear blinders when it comes to Marv. I see where he can't resist getting into the act. I just don't care about any of it. I don't care who starts what. I don't care who said what about Diana Ross 100 years ago on some Youtube video. I don't care if not everyone loves the Supremes.

So, it would do everyone good if you all can just stop talking about Marv. Period. No hints, no innuendo. Nothing, Nada. Zip. Let it go! Ignore him like he never existed. And Marv: Don't respond to attacks. No comments about their sexual preferences, either.

Maybe a solution would be to cut post editing time down to a half an hour so offending peeps can't get a dig in, and then remove it before Ralph sees it. But, if it's already quoted, oh well...

We cannot stop anyone from reading or participating in any thread they like, or Ralph and Lowell won't.

I want Ross fans to quit introducing discussion about The Supremes or Diana Ross in threads that have nothing to do with them, and for Ross fans to not mislead or trick people into opening threads that are titled about one thing, but are really about Diana Ross or the Supremes. You can preview the first line of an opening post, but they can make it so that doing so still gives you no clue as to what it's really about until you click on it. That's bait and switch, and probably what Lowell sees when he takes an audit of the threads. When I see that, I know it's a Ross fan playing games.

We should be lucky that Ralph is such a forgiving teddy bear who looks for the redeeming qualities in people, because I know forums that don't give anyone a second chance to troll. One foul move and you are gone. And no having two accounts, either.
    Last edited by soulster; 09-28-2015 at 03:49 PM.

The vitriol spills over into other threads. I don't wear blinders when it comes to Marv. I see where he can't resist getting into the act. I just don't care about any of it. I don't care who starts what. I don't care who said what about Diana Ross 100 years ago on some Youtube video. I don't care if not everyone loves the Supremes.

So, it would do everyone good if you all can just stop talking about Marv. Period. No hints, no innuendo. Nothing, Nada. Zip. Let it go! Ignore him like he never existed. And Marv: Don't respond to attacks. No comments about their sexual preferences, either.

We cannot stop anyone from reading or participating in any thread they like, or Ralph and Lowell won't.

I want Ross fans to quit introducing discussion about The Supremes or Diana Ross in threads that have nothing to do with them, and for Ross fans to not mislead or trick people into opening threads that are titled about one thing, but are really about Diana Ross or the Supremes. You can preview the first line of an opening post, but they can make it so that doing so still gives you no clue as to what it's really about until you click on it. That's bait and switch, and probably what Lowell sees when he takes an audit of the threads. When I see that, I know it's a Ross fan playing games.

We should be lucky that Ralph is such a forgiving teddy bear who looks for the redeeming qualities in people, because I know forums that don't give anyone a second chance to troll. One foul move and you are gone. And no having two accounts, either.
    You care enough to keep bringing up Ross and the Supremes. Stop bringring both up my dear. Now Im done with Marv ive said my peice to Lowell and Ralph and thats the last ive got to say about him. I get the feeling youd love to comoderate this here forum am I right? If I am you need to stoip the hinting and come out and ask to be a moderrator.

You care enough to keep bringing up Ross and the Supremes. Stop bringring both up my dear. Now Im done with Marv ive said my peice to Lowell and Ralph and thats the last ive got to say about him. I get the feeling youd love to comoderate this here forum am I right? If I am you need to stoip the hinting and come out and ask to be a moderrator.
    I bring it up because that's what these damn problems are all about. That, and Marv baiting/bashing.

If I wanted to be a moderator, which I don't, the first thing i'd ask you to do is learn how to use a spell checker. I don't have time to babysit a bunch of grown men who would rather have slugfests.

I bring it up because that's what these damn problems are all about. That, and Marv baiting/bashing.

If I wanted to be a moderator, which I don't, the first thing i'd ask you to do is learn how to use a spell checker. I don't have time to babysit a bunch of grown men who would rather have slugfests.
    For the third time im done with him. Fyi my post was adressed to Loewell. Not you. Second my computer doesnt have spell check and third kindly stop communicating with me.