[REMOVE ADS]

Patti Labelle Goes Nuclear On Stripping Fan

Patti LaBelle made it known loud and clear last night ... NO ONE gets on her stage and strips down.

LaBelle was in Vancouver Friday night and invited a couple of fans up on stage with her to sing and dance. However, one fan took things too far for Patti and started unbuttoning his shirt, a big no-no.

Patti chewed the fan out and once he turned his backside to her, she lost it -- throwing him out of the show.

The 72-year-old even mentions Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus in the tirade -- LaBelle has criticized the pair's clothing [[or lack there of) in the past.

Read more and video at below link

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/19/patti-...#ixzz3mLGMlmqg

Just another reason not to care about Patti Labelle. Nothing wrong with her desire not to have that stuff on stage with her, but is this crankiness a result of getting old?

supremester Guest
    The girl has major pipes but she's not my cup o' joe. Maybe she was cranky 'cos her sales this weekend were terrible - even Groupon couldn't get her to 50%

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    The girl has major pipes but she's not my cup o' joe. Maybe she was cranky 'cos her sales this weekend were terrible - even Groupon couldn't get her to 50%
    Yeah, she's not my kind of music either. Facts are that not enough people care to buy her music. I'll bet most people go to her shows only because they know "On My Own" and "Lady Marmalade".

supremester Guest
    Well, a lot of peeps go to hear her amazing voice live - even if they don't buy her music. I had one album that I got for one song and saw her in '95. I have friends there tonight who have none of her Cds but went and loved it. I have never cared for her vibe at all. The thuggery didn't help my impression of her, she paid both of the lawsuits off.

She has a fit cuz this dude unbuttoned his shirt? I saw her take off her shoes and rub her nasty feet in the second row, and believe me, I prefer the dude with the open shirt. She handled it without any class or humor.

Shouldn't this thread be elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Yes it should!!

It should be. After I posted, I realized that I mistakenly posted it in Motown. The moderator could easily move it to where it belongs, but I couldn't.

But I have a vivid imagination, and when I open the thread, I pretend it is in the correct place.

Sorry for the error. It was a sloppy mistake and sadly, this is the second time that I made the error. I will be more careful.

To err is human to forgive is divine! I'm sick of vulgarity on stage but I'm so tired of diva temper tantrums as well. Say what you mean but don't say it mean...

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    To err is human to forgive is divine! I'm sick of vulgarity on stage but I'm so tired of diva temper tantrums as well. Say what you mean but don't say it mean...

Both of them over did it. Patti and the stripper guy.

True. And it looks like she pushed him!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<perhaps it was staged

supremester Guest
    She's shady enough to do that, but I don't think clever enough, plus, she acted like a jerk. He wasn't stripping, he was undoing his shirt. Had he gone for the pants, I could see her taking exception, but to freak over this........ ? UGH

I posted the video in the other forum [[Soulful Detroit Forum).

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    True. And it looks like she pushed him!
    From the looks of things, she bumped him and then yelled "get off my stage" lol

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    She's shady enough to do that, but I don't think clever enough, plus, she acted like a jerk. He wasn't stripping, he was undoing his shirt. Had he gone for the pants, I could see her taking exception, but to freak over this........ ? UGH
    When the clip first starts, he's dancing and has his shirt unbuttoned. I thought he was about to take it off. But maybe he wasn't, I don't know lol

Patti stopped the security guy the first time when she said "hold on!" The guy buttoned his shirt up and Patti gave him that "look I'm 71, I ain't no Nicki Minaj or that little...Miley? Molly?" and told the guard, "don't worry, I got this, I got this." Then when the guy decided to dance some more [[this time to his back with his ass), that's when she yelled for him to get off her stage.

I think she felt like dude disrespected her.

Maybe she needs to get laid.

Lol maybe. It seems since her divorce, she's been really stressed out [[though it's rumored her ex was bisexual; apparently it wasn't a secret that Armstead was bisexual). Also, she has diabetes and probably has bipolar disorder [[she claims she has an alter ego named "Priscilla").

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    When the clip first starts, he's dancing and has his shirt unbuttoned. I thought he was about to take it off. But maybe he wasn't, I don't know lol

Patti stopped the security guy the first time when she said "hold on!" The guy buttoned his shirt up and Patti gave him that "look I'm 71, I ain't no Nicki Minaj or that little...Miley? Molly?" and told the guard, "don't worry, I got this, I got this." Then when the guy decided to dance some more [[this time to his back with his ass), that's when she yelled for him to get off her stage.

I think she felt like dude disrespected her.
    He wasn't dancing after she told him she wasn't Nicki Minaj or Miley. It looks more like he sticks his ass in her direction as a way of saying "Come spank me," believing she's joking with him. She wasn't. That's when she flips. Had he not done that and simply buttoned up his shirt then most likely she would have asked for an apology and gone on with the show.

Did she overreact? Yes. But his sticking his ass toward her was uncalled for and disrespectful.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 09-21-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Oh OK, thanks for clarifying, that was so fast. I just know when he did that, Patti quickly was like "GET OFF!" Lol

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Maybe she needs to get laid.
    Isn't that the usual issue for half of all anger?

I really wish that audience was brave enough to boo Patti. Watched the clip again and her actions were waaay out of line. She pulled the guy on stage who was just simply having a good time. Also, now that I think about it just remembered another rant that she had on a Detroit stage regarding a restaurant in the city. Her camp called Fishbone's in downtown Detroit to place several food orders and then wanted them to be delivered. The manager, who was a friend of mine explained that they do not deliver. The person on the phone kept explaining BUT it's for Patti LaBelle. After several attempts to explain that it was a Friday evening, they were short staffed, it was busy and they do not deliver she gave in and made an exception. Took the orders and had them delivered. Some of the orders were not completely correct and that night Patti goes on stage and trashes the restaurant and tells the people not to go there. This was early 2000's and the place is still one of our busiest restaurants downtown.

Diva tantrums are one thing, and yes she deserves respect when you step on her stage. But she physically assaulted that guy. That is way out of line.

Yeah, looking back at that clip, she hit him. That was not cool. Not cool to be the bully...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Lol maybe. It seems since her divorce, she's been really stressed out [[though it's rumored her ex was bisexual; apparently it wasn't a secret that Armstead was bisexual). Also, she has diabetes and probably has bipolar disorder [[she claims she has an alter ego named "Priscilla").
    There it is!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Diva tantrums are one thing, and yes she deserves respect when you step on her stage. But she physically assaulted that guy. That is way out of line.
    And she called him a Bitch which isnt classy and real crass IMO. She was also a guest in another country.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<perhaps it was staged
    Patti is just Special !!!!!