[REMOVE ADS]

supremester Guest
    That opening paragraph is the best description of Miss Ross I've ever read. Thanks!

The diva of all divas... and I mean that as a compliment lol

A wonderful article and what great pictures. Our girl's victory lap continues However ... my friend Ms. Roberta is on her way to you. I recommend the witness protection program ...

Roberta is a kind lady; she knows I view her in a very friendly way. And I am watching out for soft and mushy tomatoes coming through the air!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Roberta is a kind lady; she knows I view her in a very friendly way. And I am watching out for soft and mushy tomatoes coming through the air!
    what a beautiful article miss ross is the stuff in which legends are made and todays so called divas need to take a lesson from. I was listening t to let the sunshine in and cream of the crop, together, who would think that46yrs later ross would still be making performance headlines at 71 and looking fabulous. U go ross lady.
    U r still the boss

Im lol at you and dear RobertZ. Miss Diane Ross can be the Queen of Motown but Dr Martha Reeves will always be the First Lady of Motwon Records.

Blessings to you both.

fondly,

Roberta ❤️❤️

They are good women, titled as well, reigning "nearly" as long as Elizabeth R.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Im lol at you and dear RobertZ. Miss Diane Ross can be the Queen of Motown but Dr Martha Reeves will always be the First Lady of Motwon Records.

Blessings to you both.

fondly,

Roberta ❤️❤️
    They both deserve the utmost respect in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    They both deserve the utmost respect in my opinion.
    I fully agree with your opinion dear bluebrock.

Fondly,

Roberta

From Billboard

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...eve-fundraiser

I wonder why they say she is making a rare performance.

I heard on the radio this week that her In The Name of Love Tour will be starting again shortly.

From Billboard

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...eve-fundraiser

I wonder why they say she is making a rare performance.

I heard on the radio this week that her In The Name of Love Tour will be starting again shortly.
    Saw the article earlier today and also wondererd about the word "rare". Perhaps rare for Ms. Ross to perform this type of industry gig? TNOL is indeed on, and coming to Newark NJ next week.

Mary wells is the first lady of motown bye bye baby in 1960, i dont want to take a chance 1961, you beat me to the punch 1962, you lost t sweetest boy 1963 my guy 1964

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Mary wells is the first lady of motown bye bye baby in 1960, i dont want to take a chance 1961, you beat me to the punch 1962, you lost t sweetest boy 1963 my guy 1964
    In my opinion Dr Martha Reeves was is and always will be the true First Lady of Motwon Records and Motowns greatest ambassador.

Fondly,

Roberta

It all rather depends on whether you define "first" as meaning "earliest in time" or "foremost in rank"...

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    It all rather depends on whether you define "first" as meaning "earliest in time" or "foremost in rank"...
    foremost in rank 144man imo.

Fondly,

Roberta

Well we cant all agree w that but u r entitled t your opinion mary wells set t motown wheel in motion in 1960 and was and still is the most and first artist on the blue motown emnlem. Martha and the vandellas are noted for the christrning the motown sound w heat wave and esp dancing in the street.

The word is christening the motown sound. And the blue motown emblem

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    The word is christening the motown sound. And the blue motown emblem
    and yes diana ross will always be t queen of motown both women ross and reeves both sang backgtound vocals for mary wells

Diana is great, Martha is terrific, and Mary Wells was indeed Motown's first female solo star. Everybody is entitled to their take on titles, however...Berry Gordy Jr. long ago proclaimed Claudette Robinson the "First Lady Of Motown"...She was there helping to form the company [[along with Janie Bradford), and performed with Motown's first legitimate hit making entity before ANY of the others...but I respect anyone's opinion as to their favorite [[especially Roberta 75, who is so sincere and genuine in her appreciation of Martha Reeves), but since it was Berry's company, I'd have to say that he and only he can authorize any "official" title or distinction as pertains to his enterprise...It's the old Golden Rule..."He with the gold, makes the rules"...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8&l=6d40fd14a1 . Motown founder Berry Gordy gave Claudette the official title of the "First Lady of Motown", as noted in his autobiography, because, as a member of the Miracles, [[Motown's first group and first recording act), she was the first female artist ever signed to a Motown-affiliated record label [[Tamla).
    Last edited by StuBass1; 09-12-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I fully agree with your opinion dear bluebrock.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Thank you my dear friend.

These newest reviews are better than ever.