[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    As the late great once sang, "they'll do anything for money".

otis redding's sittin on the dock of the bay wasnt completed 'till after his death.the vocals are all his but the whistling at the end was done by steve cropper post mortem.

^ I figured the whistling was done by someone else.

yeah saw that on a soul documentry.steve cropper tells the story.he said they had most of the planned vocals put down but obviously no ending so [[i cant remember exactly how it happened) either cropper was asked or decided to whistle the ending.that whistle always got under my skin tho' to be honest.but when i found out why it was done i understood its addition.still dont like it tho'!
    Last edited by tamla617; 12-20-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Ditto

I thought that I read that Michael turned in between 300 and 400 songs for Thriller. If that is true, does that mean that those songs were all unfinished? Moving on though I agree totally with Juicefree's comments about the lack of energy and the biting delivery exhibited on his lead vocals in the past that seem to be absent on this project.

This CD doesn't look like it's going to do much from the initial sales reaction.

It fell to #5 in its second week; Taylor Swift, Susan Boyle and Glee are 1,2,3; and Jamie Foxx debuted at #6, right behind it.

smark21 Guest
    OUtside of the die hard Michael Jackson fans, most of the public has had their fill of Michael's music and is only interested in his 70's and 80's output [[and a few tracks fron Dangerous and History).