[REMOVE ADS]

The Diana Ross Project: Now Tackling Supremes Album Reviews!

Hey, all you Supremes fans! This blogger, whom I've found to be one of the most insightful and trenchant of all when it comes to a critical, track-by-track appraisal of Diana Ross's solo work, has now begun reviewing the albums of the Supremes! The first three albums are up so far. If you haven't explored this site yet, do yourself a favor and check it out.

https://dianarossproject.wordpress.c...iverpool-1964/

Thanks; this will be a treat.

Who is this man doing the Project?

Sure thing, Jobeterob; a treat indeed. His name is Paul Milliken; he's been on this project for several years now, as you can see. What I particularly love about his blog is that he's focused strictly on the work, not frivolous gossip and scuttlebutt. A rewarding blog if there ever was one.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Sure thing, Jobeterob; a treat indeed. His name is Paul Milliken; he's been on this project for several years now, as you can see. What I particularly love about his blog is that he's focused strictly on the work, not frivolous gossip and scuttlebutt. A rewarding blog if there ever was one.
    I agree, and thanks for posting!

My pleasure, RobertZ!

I went looking as well; looks youngish too! He should put them all in a book when he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I went looking as well; looks youngish too! He should put them all in a book when he's done.
    Yeah, he's about 35; definitely younger than me! They are absolutely publisher-worthy as well.

Amazing. He seems to know his Motown in and out and he knows the subtleties of the recordings. I enjoy how he knows that Where Did Our Love Go is a teeny bopper type of song and yet realizes some of the things that take that song out of that realm and made it a Motown Classic - the lower key Diana lead, the call and response, the Funk Brothers, the wood banging ~ all the reasons that it really isn't all that great a song done live.

Absolutely. He has quite the analytical bent, borne of a love for the material and the lady/ladies, with a true talent for engaging writing. I, among others, have been goading him for years to take a stab at the Supremes albums for years. So glad that he is!