[REMOVE ADS]

THE DELLS - Love Is Blue I Can Sing A Rainbow [[LIVE DAVID FROST SHOW) !

Hey look at this everybody......!

Wow Marv, what an amazing find! Pat on the back!!!!

Fabulous...

Marv. You have made what has been a turgid weekend suddenly become a good one!
    These guys could make ANYTHING sound good. They really were the best. Thank you so much for posting. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

You are all very welcome. I so, so much miss great singing and great songs like this. I didn't realize it at the time, but we experienced the BEST in music as I was growing up and may not see any of the sort again.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You are all very welcome. I so, so much miss great singing and great songs like this. I didn't realize it at the time, but we experienced the BEST in music as I was growing up and may not see any of the sort again.
    The 60's, 70's and early to mid 80's were a great time for soul music. We are blessed that there were so many great performers, songwriters and producers during these era's. Because of the sheer volume of quality stuff there were many songs overlooked during this period and I take comfort in discovering or rediscovering gems that got overlooked at the time including material by the mighty Dells. This song is of course well known but there are many others of similar quality that deserve a second listen.
    I totally agree Marv that we were lucky to grow up in such musically rich times. Oh what great memories...........

Did they perform this in London? I know David Frost hosted a show that aired here but I think he never hosted anywhere in the U.S. and "Love is Blue"/"I Can See a Rainbow" charted successfully in the UK for the Dells so I wondered if they traveled to London to perform on it?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Did they perform this in London? I know David Frost hosted a show that aired here but I think he never hosted anywhere in the U.S. and "Love is Blue"/"I Can See a Rainbow" charted successfully in the UK for the Dells so I wondered if they traveled to London to perform on it?
    No they didn't. Top of the Pops invited them to appear on the show but for financial reasons the record company refused to pay for the Dells to come over and perform it.