[REMOVE ADS]

Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 12 52 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 72 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,100 of 3827

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Meeting a new girl while cruising on your bike,and thinking about her all day.
    Then going riding bikes with her across town where she lives. Buying her an ice cream, asking her if she likes you, cause you like her.........

Yep,and discovering that after you bought all that ice cream,not only were you not getting a kiss but at least three other dudes on bikes were buying her ice cream too...them chicks were players.

Yep,and discovering that after you bought all that ice cream,not only were you not getting a kiss but at least three other dudes on bikes were buying her ice cream too...them chicks were players.
    You got that right!

That's why i traded in my bike for a caddy,and after that...the chicks bought me ice cream!!

Remember just sitting by yourself in the backyard,and thinking-it doesn't get any better than this.

Remember just sitting by yourself in the backyard,and thinking-it doesn't get any better than this.
    I remember dragging a TV on the porch, ordering a pizza and watching the Final Four all by myself on a beautiful early '80s Spring day. If I had to count 10 perfect moments in my life, that would count as one.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  21.1 KB
    You mean the first morning after you just bought your first free-standing house?

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    you mean the first morning after you just bought your first free-standing house?
    maybe not the first morning,but many mornings after when it was so quiet you could hear crickets whispering!

You mean the first morning after you just bought your first free-standing house?
    Yeah, Robb! Remember that feeling all too well. And to arr & bee's point, and sitting on the back porch/yard in 7th heaven!

That's what i'm talking about jerry,i used to get some comics,go sit on the front porch in the summer on a sunday and it would be so quiet like i was the only one on the whole block!!

Mine would be sitting in the backyard on a summer's evening with either my Dad or Grandad listening to Ernie Harwell calling a Tigers game.

Another great moment was when I attended Columbus' riverfront jazz festival in its early days in the '80s. Three days with 500-600 jazz lovers just listening to good music while enjoying the breeze and watching Seagulls sail around on the breeze like they liked the music too. This went on for a few years until it became the Jazz & Ribfest. Now, instead of jazz fans listening to music in a little outdoor amphitheater, it's a crowd of 150,000 rib fans, some of which take time to watch music on four stages as they're dropping literally tons of trash in their wake. Parking costs a knot and you're lucky to find a spot within mile of the site if you get there early. The acts are bigger, the lineups are much more intriguing but I refuse to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Another great moment was when I attended Columbus' riverfront jazz festival in its early days in the '80s. Three days with 500-600 jazz lovers just listening to good music while enjoying the breeze and watching Seagulls sail around on the breeze like they liked the music too. This went on for a few years until it became the Jazz & Ribfest. Now, instead of jazz fans listening to music in a little outdoor amphitheater, it's a crowd of 150,000 rib fans, some of which take time to watch music on four stages as they're dropping literally tons of trash in their wake. Parking costs a knot and you're lucky to find a spot within mile of the site if you get there early. The acts are bigger, the lineups are much more intriguing but I refuse to go.
    Jerry my brother Matt is throwing a huge End of Summer party at Moments Grill and Lounge in Columbus on Aug. 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jerry my brother Matt is throwing a huge End of Summer party at Moments Grill and Lounge in Columbus on Aug. 31st.
    Wow! I could walk there in five minutes from where I live. That place is always packed. I mean, sometimes I can't imagine how it's possible to get people from all of those cars into the bar. Let me see if my stick in the mud is interested in going.

Wow! I could walk there in five minutes from where I live. That place is always packed. I mean, sometimes I can't imagine how it's possible to get people from all of those cars into the bar. Let me see if my stick in the mud is interested in going.
    I will get you all the information. I know they are planning to have live Reggae bands and lots of Jamaican food.

https://route66hotrodhigh.com/AirCondition.html

Early car air-conditioners. Never saw one these. I remember being on vacation in
    Florida in July as a kid... in a station wagon. It must have been 110 degrees in the car.
    The only air-conditioner we had was a rolled down window!

With the new Dolemite movie coming out, it made me remember another "film" that was popular at drive-ins at the time. Does anyone remember "Fritz the Cat"?

When I was about 8 or 9, we used to play a game called "Tennis, Elbow, Foot", where somebody said a word and the next persons in turn had to quickly say a word that was related or that rhymed. Repetition of a previous word or too slow a reply would get you knocked out. Did anyone else play that?

Maybe that's why I enjoy the Word Association thread so much.

We didn't play that one. We had other ways of hurting each other for fun. Boys are weird.

A buddy of mind lost sight in one of his eyes playing with a bullet..ahh the good ol days!!

A buddy of mind lost sight in one of his eyes playing with a bullet..ahh the good ol days!!
    Heck, one of guys I grew up with, his nephew accidentally shot himself to death yesterday!

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. Remember when Jason Pierre-Paul blew half of his hand off while messing with fireworks a few years ago? We never learn.

Jerry that party I was telling you about that my brother is throwing is at Moments Grill and Lounge , 2545 Petzinger Rd, Columbus. It starts at 2 pm - 8pm on Aug. 31. Music by DJ King

Thanks, Marv. A family emergency [[literally) just popped up and Saturday might be spent focusing on it. But Moments is between me and the intersection so I'll definitely see if it's going strong it I make it home before 8:00.

Thanks, Marv. A family emergency [[literally) just popped up and Saturday might be spent focusing on it. But Moments is between me and the intersection so I'll definitely see if it's going strong it I make it home before 8:00.
    You're welcome Jerry. I hope everything is ok with your Fam. Btw, the cover for the party is $ 5. You can't even breathe air in NYC for 5 bucks! LOL!

Yeah, that's nothing. It blew my mind recently when the city opened public swimming pools for free during the heat wave. They said the normal fee was $1. Man, I never paid more than a dime to swim in a public pool and I was dumb enough to think it still cost that much.

Yeah, that's nothing. It blew my mind recently when the city opened public swimming pools for free during the heat wave. They said the normal fee was $1. Man, I never paid more than a dime to swim in a public pool and I was dumb enough to think it still cost that much.
Views: 827

That's a step up from just opening up the street fire hydrants, like they used to do in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, and New York, on extremely hot summer days [[there are a LOT more of those, nowadays!).

I still have my old[inflatable]pool from[1962]somewhere in my closet,unless my wife found it..she throws away everything-sigh!!

50 years ago in October 1969, this was on TV:

50 years ago in October 1969, this was on TV:

Karen Valentine and Denise Nicholas were my first TV crushes.

Karen Valentine and Denise Nicholas were my first TV crushes.
    Them and "Laurie" from the Partridge Family and every go go dancer on "Laugh-In" LOL!

Them and "Laurie" from the Partridge Family and every go go dancer on "Laugh-In" LOL!
    LOL. Consider how young we were [[7-8 years old) and already having an eye on the future. Some seeds get planted early.

LOL. Consider how young we were [[7-8 years old) and already having an eye on the future. Some seeds get planted early.
    That's back when I fell in love with Mary Wilson! It took some 35-40 years but I finally at least got a kiss on the lips from her and Wow! Where she did it was amazing. Right in front of the entire audience at the Westbury Music Fair in NY! LOL!

JoAnne was smoking hot!

[QUOTE=nativeNY63;570111] [/content://media/external/file/4375QUOTE]
    JoAnne Worley was smoking hot! Little boy crush!
    Last edited by nativeNY63; 04-06-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Wording

Marv,you are so lucky...i once was kissed by a mary,a girl i liked way back in the day was gonna give me a kiss but after i closed my eyes for the big moment,her dog[mary]gave me one in her place....she's probably still laughing over that one...yuke-dog germs!!!

Marv,you are so lucky...i once was kissed by a mary,a girl i liked way back in the day was gonna give me a kiss but after i closed my eyes for the big moment,her dog[mary]gave me one in her place....she's probably still laughing over that one...yuke-dog germs!!!
    JAI you be killing me here! LOL!!!!!!!

I do feel lucky sometimes when I think back at all the people I've met and the things I've done not to have been a millionaire! We all have our best memories to look back on.

Remember not getting sad when your team lost,because as a kid we just loved watching em play..and i'm talking as a lifelong[washington senators fan]i really miss that childhood innocence and spirit.

Remember not getting sad when your team lost,because as a kid we just loved watching em play..and i'm talking as a lifelong[washington senators fan]i really miss that childhood innocence and spirit.
    Only time I was sad was when my high school teams would lose a big one like a State Playoff in Basketball or the City Championship in Football.

I was always sad when my teams lost. And I was always sad because the Falcons never had back-to-back winning seasons until 2009. And the Fins have been to the playoffs once in this century. Thank God for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Tar Heels' men's basketball team.

Well sports gang,looks like another-d.c.choke job,while i'm proud that the nats are in the big game,they shoulda won one game,dang this series is over...no way they win two again in houston..but great year nats-i'm still proud of ya!!

It ain't over yet, dude.

Ralpht,nats win,nats win...can you believe it??? I'm still pinching myself!!

Remember the signs in the old video stores.....Be kind and rewind! I feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
Views: 778
    YOU feel old? I remember when no one in our neighbourhood had a TV in their houses. And when a cup of coffee was 5 cents and you got unlimited refills, when we still had our own comic books produced in Canada because we weren't allowed to import US comic books into Canada because of The War effort [[World War II). And I still remember when we sang "God Save The King", when King Edward was still on The Throne, before Queen Elizabeth. I still remember when The future Canadian Football League was still called "The Canadian Rugby League", and you could buy a dinner in a "sit-down restaurant" for $1.00 Canadian [[and also in USA for $1.00 US). I also remember when Newfoundland was NOT a Canadian Province, but was a separate Crown Colony of The British Empire.

At least I'm not so old yet that I still remember who I am, and how to talk, eat, and walk.

Views: 778
    YOU feel old? I remember when no one in our neighbourhood had a TV in their houses. And when a cup of coffee was 5 cents and you got unlimited refills, when we still had our own comic books produced in Canada because we weren't allowed to import US comic books into Canada because of The War effort [[World War II). And I still remember when we sang "God Save The King", when King Edward was still on The Throne, before Queen Elizabeth. I still remember when The future Canadian Football League was still called "The Canadian Rugby League", and you could buy a dinner in a "sit-down restaurant" for $1.00 Canadian [[and also in USA for $1.00 US). I also remember when Newfoundland was NOT a Canadian Province, but was a separate Crown Colony of The British Empire.

At least I'm not so old yet that I still remember who I am, and how to talk, eat, and walk.
    You're not old......you're great! I learn a lot from you. I did not know there was a time when Newfoundland was not a Province of Canada.

You're not old......you're great! I learn a lot from you. I did not know there was a time when Newfoundland was not a Province of Canada.
Views: 756
    But you DID know that The CFL used to be called The Canadian Rugby League?

Views: 756
    But you DID know that The CFL used to be called The Canadian Rugby League?
    Maybe. I can remember watching CFL's games on television as a kid. When did they stop referring to the league as the Canadian Rugby League?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Cassette tapes? Is it live or Memorex?

I chuckled at "video stores". I stream all of the movies that I watch now. Remember rushing to drop the videos into the slot by midnight to avoid paying another day's rental fee?