[REMOVE ADS]

Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 3827

Thread: Remember when?

Marv, I forgot about the buckles on the old raincoats. That brings me back. And the world is simpler for kids. Our parents had all kinds of rotten things to deal with and had the same musings about how much better things were when they were young. My best friend from high school told me how his father had been a career Airman who'd served tours in Viet Nam. Somebody in the Air Force tipped him off that he was scheduled for another deployment shortly before he was going to re-up and he chose to leave the service. I remember my folks both working at the same factory when their union called for a wildcat strike, forcing us on food stamps for a month. But neither my friend nor I knew that there was something to worry about but our folks sure did. Parents don't tell their kids about the things that keep them awake at night. Once you grow up and see how scary things are, it's hard to focus on just the good stuff and now, it's hard for us to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Marv, I forgot about the buckles on the old raincoats. That brings me back. And the world is simpler for kids. Our parents had all kinds of rotten things to deal with and had the same musings about how much better things were when they were young. My best friend from high school told me how his father had been a career Airman who'd served tours in Viet Nam. Somebody in the Air Force tipped him off that he was scheduled for another deployment shortly before he was going to re-up and he chose to leave the service. I remember my folks both working at the same factory when their union called for a wildcat strike, forcing us on food stamps for a month. But neither my friend nor I knew that there was something to worry about but our folks sure did. Parents don't tell their kids about the things that keep them awake at night. Once you grow up and see how scary things are, it's hard to focus on just the good stuff and now, it's hard for us to sleep.
    I now give much credit to the parents that raised the kids of my generation. I mean it was pretty common for families to have 4,5, 6 kids and all of them being taken care of very well and out of trouble. It could not have been easy, but as you said, my parents never let on if it were hard.

All memories aren't good, though. Lord, I remember watching the evening news with daily reports of how many American troops were killed in Viet Nam that week. Even as a kid, I wondered about all of the family and loved ones that had to mourn hundreds of dead soldiers. I'll never forget going to the funeral for my cousin, who I never met but was killed in Southeast Asia. I hate war and politicians who declare and fund and support it to this day because of that horrible childhood recollection.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah Jerry but that one is a little to modern looking. Now these are the types of rain coats/slickers we wore as kids in the 60s:

Attachment 13931

Attachment 13932
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  21.1 KB
    I'm so old, I remember when raincoats were black and rubber, and no one had other colours. They were hot, as they didn't "breathe".

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 400
    I'm so old, I remember when raincoats were black and rubber, and no one had other colours. They were hot, as they didn't "breathe".
    Robb, you're not old.......you're just mature! I remember the black rubber raincoats. Cops and firemen wore them. My father had one too.

All memories aren't good, though. Lord, I remember watching the evening news with daily reports of how many American troops were killed in Viet Nam that week. Even as a kid, I wondered about all of the family and loved ones that had to mourn hundreds of dead soldiers. I'll never forget going to the funeral for my cousin, who I never met but was killed in Southeast Asia. I hate war and politicians who declare and fund and support it to this day because of that horrible childhood recollection.
    Jerry you said we sound like we may have had the same childhoods. Well just like you, I use to go to bed and sometimes have nightmares that they would bomb our neighborhood just from seeing the CBS evening news with Walter Cronkite and those grainy black and white films of the combat in Vietnam almost every night. They did not have satellites then, so the fighting was not live . They had to send reporters out to the fields, film it and then fly the film back for network broadcast. Still has a young kid it made it feel like the war and fighting were closer to us than it was. I remember driving through the neighborhoods during Christmas and seeing all of the red, white and blue star decals in the windows of homes that had servicemen in Vietnam. A guy that was a huge track and football star at the my high school I would later attend was killed in Nam in 1970. They had this huge photo put up of him in our fieldhouse.

I remember going to see "Apolcalypse Now" in 1979, a year before having to register for the draft. The character "Clean" who was played by Larry Fishburne [[back then) reminded me of myself and when he was shot dead on the trawler with his mother's voice playing on a cassette in the background, it altered my world view. I can't lie, I had a long debate with myself asking if I would go if called.

And "Platoon" came out a few years later and blew me away. I'll never forget the time my brother wrote to my Mom from the Air Force in the '80s when he asked her if she had my uncle's old letters from Viet Nam. He'd read them a decade earlier and couldn't shake the image in his mind of the one in which my uncle described seeing villagers walking across a bridge that the VC had mined. Especially when he talked about the crying mother picking up pieces of her dead child.

I know that had I been drafted, I would have gone. I know that if there was a war, I'd fight. But I also know that most politicians who declare it for less than the proper defense of the country are cowards. That's how I know that the Moron will be starting a conflict sometime before Summer is up. God bless our vets, but may God damn those for who their lives are something to be toyed with.

Too much information for a light thread. Sorry I brought it up, Marv. But Jai's post about how heavy things are now made me wonder if they were really lighter back then and that put me on track for thinking about it.

I remember when we would go to the firehouse on field trips and they would demonstrate sliding down the pole and we thought it was the coolest thing ever,jerry you and marv are right on about how good our parents raised us and protected us from the bitterness that they had to deal with day to day,i used to watch the news but as a kid that stuff went right over my head,but i would hear my folks talking about it but they kept us happy as we try to do today with our own,i'm blessed to have raised three to adulthood[my wife did most of the work]i just brought home the paycheck like my father before me,our fathers raised us to be men as in responsible and i've tried to instill that in my own.

[[Changing the subject)

Does anybody remember "The Midnight Special"? I don't think I realized it back then but that was one of the greatest shows ever. And I just saw that "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" series is available on DVD. That one was good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I remember when we would go to the firehouse on field trips and they would demonstrate sliding down the pole and we thought it was the coolest thing ever,jerry you and marv are right on about how good our parents raised us and protected us from the bitterness that they had to deal with day to day,i used to watch the news but as a kid that stuff went right over my head,but i would hear my folks talking about it but they kept us happy as we try to do today with our own,i'm blessed to have raised three to adulthood[my wife did most of the work]i just brought home the paycheck like my father before me,our fathers raised us to be men as in responsible and i've tried to instill that in my own.
    Our best field trips were to the local science museum, the zoo, and the Ohio Historical Society. Those were the next best things to class trips to out of city amusement parks [[King's Island or Cedar Point for us in Columbus).

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    [[changing the subject)

does anybody remember "the midnight special"? I don't think i realized it back then but that was one of the greatest shows ever. And i just saw that "don kirshner's rock concert" series is available on dvd. That one was good, too.
    yep,with wolfman jack that show was a blast,one of the great performances was with the mighty temps and dennis singing[power]great show.

Hey jerry,anything besides recess that got us out of the building was a fieldtrip,including the fire drills,hehe.

Yeah, one of the worst things about matriculating to junior high was the loss of recess.

There was no recess in jr.high?...opps!!!

I remember going to see "Apolcalypse Now" in 1979, a year before having to register for the draft. The character "Clean" who was played by Larry Fishburne [[back then) reminded me of myself and when he was shot dead on the trawler with his mother's voice playing on a cassette in the background, it altered my world view. I can't lie, I had a long debate with myself asking if I would go if called.

And "Platoon" came out a few years later and blew me away. I'll never forget the time my brother wrote to my Mom from the Air Force in the '80s when he asked her if she had my uncle's old letters from Viet Nam. He'd read them a decade earlier and couldn't shake the image in his mind of the one in which my uncle described seeing villagers walking across a bridge that the VC had mined. Especially when he talked about the crying mother picking up pieces of her dead child.

I know that had I been drafted, I would have gone. I know that if there was a war, I'd fight. But I also know that most politicians who declare it for less than the proper defense of the country are cowards. That's how I know that the Moron will be starting a conflict sometime before Summer is up. God bless our vets, but may God damn those for who their lives are something to be toyed with.

Too much information for a light thread. Sorry I brought it up, Marv. But Jai's post about how heavy things are now made me wonder if they were really lighter back then and that put me on track for thinking about it.
    I had to go to my neighborhood Post Office and register for the draft in the Summer of 1981 or I would be able to get my student loan for the Fall Semester. I'll never forget that It was just me and one other guy registering the day I went. I knew the guy from playing basketball at Hyde Park. He had one leg shorter than the other so he did not have to worry about ever getting drafted.

[[Changing the subject)

Does anybody remember "The Midnight Special"? I don't think I realized it back then but that was one of the greatest shows ever. And I just saw that "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" series is available on DVD. That one was good, too.
    Remember "The Midnight Special"? Of course. I even remember our routine. Pop the popcorn and get the Kool-Aid ready. LOL! Midnight Special was on NBC and "Rock Concert was on ABC. We watched Midnight Special beginning in 1972 until roughly 1980. By that time I was out in Denver in college.

There was no recess in jr.high?...opps!!!
    Nope. But that is where I met some of my best friends. I remember the shock to my system of not going through a day-long class with my friends as opposed to having a different class every period. Having to take responsibility for getting from point A to point B in a few minutes with my books and homework was the other big difference. In the eighth grade,

Typing 1 popped up on my schedule and I wondered where in the heck that came from. Turns out, Mom did that. Didn't know why then, but that was one of the most fundamentally important classes that I ever took in my life. Been taking advantage of it since then at work and at home.

yep,with wolfman jack that show was a blast,one of the great performances was with the mighty temps and dennis singing[power]great show.
    I just posted the Power video in the Dennis Edwards music thread. I clearly remember watching them that night. This was when Midnight Special had people dancing on platforms towards the end of the Disco era. I remember seeing the O'Jays, Natalie Cole, EWF, Al Green, ELO, The Bee Gee's just to name a few.

Remember "The Midnight Special"? Of course. I even remember our routine. Pop the popcorn and get the Kool-Aid ready. LOL! Midnight Special was on NBC and "Rock Concert was on ABC. We watched Midnight Special beginning in 1972 until roughly 1980. By that time I was out in Denver in college.
    I remember watching Curtis Mayfield on Rock Concert. He was singing "Freddy's Dead" and songs from the Superfly soundtrack. I didn't like the bass line or the words and that song grated on me so bad when he was singing it. Curiously, about ten years later, I became a fan of Curtis Mayfield - the musician and the man - and that song suddenly was one of my favorite songs by him. I understand that as a kid in a world that was far removed from one in Superfly, I was shocked by the imagery of it.

I think that I didn't like being exposed to something as unsavory as that via music. But now, it is a great record and thanks to all these geekers, tweakers, and drug abusing thrill seekers doing all of these drugs out here in 2018, it's just as significant 45 years after it was a hit.

I just posted the Power video in the Dennis Edwards music thread. I clearly remember watching them that night. This was when Midnight Special had people dancing on platforms towards the end of the Disco era. I remember seeing the O'Jays, Natalie Cole, EWF, Al Green, ELO, The Bee Gee's just to name a few.
    There was a guy name John who rode on my school bus to the career center. He was a cool guy but awfully naive, overly friendly, had no volume control in his voice, and got teased more than a lot of other kids. Almost everybody liked him, though. Well, John was a big fan of the group Foxy, who had a huge hit with "Get Off" and a lesser hit with "Hot Number". One night, they popped up on the Midnight Special and were very very clearly gay in their manner of dress and dancing. And right or wrong, that was taboo at my school [[and definitely on my bus). By the time we took the ride on Monday afternoon, I guess John had already heard about his favorite band all day because his eyes were red and he didn't talk to anybody, even though they were still piling on. John never asked the guy with the boombox to turn up a Foxy song ever again. To my knowledge, Foxy's star stopped rising soon after that and these days, they aren't considered to be more than a marginal disco outfit. Personally, I attribute their drop off to that appearance.

Certain things they did include us in on. The big things like when JFK was assassinated and kids were sent home from school. We watched the news coverage of the funeral, what happened to Lee Harvey Oswald etc. This year will mark the 50th anniversary of MLK's assassination and I can remember my parents having us dress up and go with them to different relatives homes to watch the funeral and all the reports. I can remember it seem to go on for hours and at the end, as CBS ran the credits, they showed people placing flowers on his original in ground grave. Racism, riots and war protests they did not share with us. It's strange because I was alive when all of that was going on, but my parents did not burden us kids with all of it.

There was a guy name John who rode on my school bus to the career center. He was a cool guy but awfully naive, overly friendly, had no volume control in his voice, and got teased more than a lot of other kids. Almost everybody liked him, though. Well, John was a big fan of the group Foxy, who had a huge hit with "Get Off" and a lesser hit with "Hot Number". One night, they popped up on the Midnight Special and were very very clearly gay in their manner of dress and dancing. And right or wrong, that was taboo at my school [[and definitely on my bus). By the time we took the ride on Monday afternoon, I guess John had already heard about his favorite band all day because his eyes were red and he didn't talk to anybody, even though they were still piling on. John never asked the guy with the boombox to turn up a Foxy song ever again. To my knowledge, Foxy's star stopped rising soon after that and these days, they aren't considered to be more than a marginal disco outfit. Personally, I attribute their drop off to that appearance.
    Foxy's "Get Off" was my JAM in the summer of 1978! I had just graduated and it seemed like there was party every weekend somewhere. I can remember doing the "Dog" with some chicks at a house party that was real "smokey" hehehehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    nope. But that is where i met some of my best friends. I remember the shock to my system of not going through a day-long class with my friends as opposed to having a different class every period. Having to take responsibility for getting from point a to point b in a few minutes with my books and homework was the other big difference. In the eighth grade,

typing 1 popped up on my schedule and i wondered where in the heck that came from. Turns out, mom did that. Didn't know why then, but that was one of the most fundamentally important classes that i ever took in my life. Been taking advantage of it since then at work and at home.
    maybe that explains why the principle would march us into his office every day from the basketball court,where we held court instead of being in class,hehe.

Remember when there were no-microwave ovens,and we had to wait for stuff to cook in the oven??but it tasted so much better.

Remember when there were no-microwave ovens,and we had to wait for stuff to cook in the oven??but it tasted so much better.
Views: 355
    I remember when there were no microwave ovens, and when some families didn't even have a garbage disposal. And everybody sat down at the kitchen table for breakfast, together, and at the dinner tables for dinner/supper. And, our first house had a built in cabinet "ice box" [[with a steel heavy-handled "safe" door, from before electric refrigerators were invented). The ice man came in his horse wagon, and carried a large block of ice into your house and put it in the ice box, and you put your food around it).

Yes, we had to wait for food to be heated in the oven, or in a pot or pan on the stovetop. That food tasted better, and its texture wasn't changed. And who knows if the changing of the structure of that food doesn't help cause cancer?

My grandmother didn't have a garbage disposal. She threw most of the waste food in a compost heap in the backyard, which was a small farm. My grandparents had chickens, and grew fruit and vegetables.

Jerry you said we sound like we may have had the same childhoods. Well just like you, I use to go to bed and sometimes have nightmares that they would bomb our neighborhood just from seeing the CBS evening news with Walter Cronkite and those grainy black and white films of the combat in Vietnam almost every night. They did not have satellites then, so the fighting was not live . They had to send reporters out to the fields, film it and then fly the film back for network broadcast. Still has a young kid it made it feel like the war and fighting were closer to us than it was.
Views: 351
    I grew up right after World War II. And I grew up with Nazi death camp survivors, and knowing that half my family had recently been killed in that war. We had the fear of a nuclear war, once we learned that The Russians had nuclear weapons. But, I never had nightmares about that happening. I did have nightmares about gangs jumping me and my friends, and outnumbering us by double, and pounding us to pulp. But that was a realistic fear based on events that happened before, and could happen any time.

I knew a guy in high school who was later killed in Viet Nam. My cousin's husband fought in Viet Nam, and jumps about 50 feet whenever he hears a car backfire. He still has nightmares of seeing his buddies blown to shreds a few yards away from him. He wakes up in a cold sweat from such nightmares, periodically.

When Platoon was released, calls to the VA shot up more than 40% because it dredged up horrible memories for vets who served in Viet Nam. Counselors reported that they had tried for years to explain the experience without being able to communicate it appropriately and when they saw the film, it brought the horror back vividly. That movie had me holding my breath in the theater.

Does anybody remember when war movies were basically jingoistic cartoons where American troops fought like supermen against faceless monsters? Movies like The Green Berets pale in comparison with modern war movies in terms of realism. But those are the movies that I remember watching on Friday nights. The Great Escape and The Dirty Dozen were my favorites as a kid and Stalag 17 is my favorite war movie from the old days.

Hey robb,my aunt had an icebox,and i remember the iceman coming around,those simple pleasures were the best,we didn't have a million bucks but we had structure because of our strong parents[god bless em]and good teachers who didn't put up with any crap from us,hehe..and yes the food tasted a whole lot better something is wrong with this micro stuff today.

Yes! I remember when I would spend the summer with my grandparents, I couldn't wait for my Grandma to finish cooking in the afternoons. Everything tasted so good. I think I used a microwave for the first time in the early 80s and bought my first one around 1988.

Microwaves used to alter the taste of reheated food when they first came out. They also made meat tougher. I never really cared for them to reheat most things.

I remember the one and only time we bought Jiffy Pop popcorn. The commercials used to show the foil burst open and people would start eating it right away. We tried to cook it until the foil burst and half of that stuff burned black.

Microwaves used to alter the taste of reheated food when they first came out. They also made meat tougher. I never really cared for them to reheat most things.

I remember the one and only time we bought Jiffy Pop popcorn. The commercials used to show the foil burst open and people would start eating it right away. We tried to cook it until the foil burst and half of that stuff burned black.
    Jiffy Pop never came out like it did in the commercials. We used the popcorn in the plastic bag that were just kernels you popped on the stove.

Our best field trips were to the local science museum, the zoo, and the Ohio Historical Society. Those were the next best things to class trips to out of city amusement parks [[King's Island or Cedar Point for us in Columbus).
Views: 349
    We had trips to the local firehouse, local police station, Manitoba Museum, and Royal Aviation Museum, a dairy farm, a wheat farm near Brandon, a logging operation in Manitoba's Provincial Forest land about 40 miles north of the city, Winnipeg Municipal Zoo, a harbour on Lake Winnipeg, The Manitoba Provincial Parliament Building, Government House [[Lieutenant Governor's Residence and offices).
    Last edited by robb_k; 02-04-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Views: 351
    I grew up right after World War II. And I grew up with Nazi death camp survivors, and knowing that half my family had recently been killed in that war. We had the fear of a nuclear war, once we learned that The Russians had nuclear weapons. But, I never had nightmares about that happening. I did have nightmares about gangs jumping me and my friends, and outnumbering us by double, and pounding us to pulp. But that was a realistic fear based on events that happened before, and could happen any time.

I knew a guy in high school who was later killed in Viet Nam. My cousin's husband fought in Viet Nam, and jumps about 50 feet whenever he hears a car backfire. He still has nightmares of seeing his buddies blown to shreds a few yards away from him. He wakes up in a cold sweat from such nightmares, periodically.
    That is incredible. I remember sitting at a table in my college dorm's cafeteria when I was a freshman. There was this older guy sitting with us one day who was a Vietnam vet. We were all 18 , 19 years old. He was 28 and had just started his freshman year.

Jiffy Pop never came out like it did in the commercials. We used the popcorn in the plastic bag that were just kernels you popped on the stove.
    We normally used regular popcorn [[like Orville Redenbacker). Never went back to Jiffy Pop.

We normally used regular popcorn [[like Orville Redenbacker). Never went back to Jiffy Pop.
    Some of the best popcorn was the off or no brand type. Just the seeds in a plastic bag. My brother still buys that type today!

Remember when television stations would sign off after "the broadcast day" and then in the morning, begin with that test pattern? LOL!

My tv still does that,especially when i'm late paying the cable bill!

My tv still does that,especially when i'm late paying the cable bill!
    Stop it! LOL!!!!!!

Remember when television stations would sign off after "the broadcast day" and then in the morning, begin with that test pattern? LOL!
    Yeah, sometimes they would play the national anthem over scenes with bald eagles, mountains, the Washington Monument, etc.

What about the "this is a test of the emergency management system" alerts followed by 20 seconds of rude sounds coming from the TV speaker?

My Mom recalls my big brother as a little boy asking what a TV interruption message said. When she said "please stand by", he impatiently got up and stood beside the TV.

And then there were the "it's 11:00 PM. Do you know where your children are?" messages that they dusted off a few years ago locally.

Yeah, sometimes they would play the national anthem over scenes with bald eagles, mountains, the Washington Monument, etc.

What about the "this is a test of the emergency management system" alerts followed by 20 seconds of rude sounds coming from the TV speaker?

My Mom recalls my big brother as a little boy asking what a TV interruption message said. When she said "please stand by", he impatiently got up and stood beside the TV.

And then there were the "it's 11:00 PM. Do you know where your children are?" messages that they dusted off a few years ago locally.
    Your brother, please stand by! LOL!!!!

Yes I remember all of that. I also remember because we grew up closer to the Canadian border, their television off with the Canadian National Anthem "Oh Canada" and pictures of Mounties, Niagra Falls etc playing the background LOL!!!

Your brother, please stand by! LOL!!!!

Yes I remember all of that. I also remember because we grew up closer to the Canadian border, their television off with the Canadian National Anthem "Oh Canada" and pictures of Mounties, Niagara Falls etc playing the background LOL!!!
Views: 316
    It used to be "God Save The Queen", and before that, I even remember "God Save The King" on radio sign off.

I remember being a kid and there was no mention of-race this or race that,it was a melting pot-black -white-chinese-native american,we all got along trying to survive.

I was culturally aware at a very young age. I remember the shock to my young system when I heard that Dr. King had been murdered. I remember my brother introducing me to the Black Panther in an old Avengers comic and being proud to see a brown man portrayed as a hero. I remember how happy I was when my second-grade teacher was Ms. Jackson, the only black teacher in my school. I knew why my favorite show was once "Julia" and later "Sanford and Son". I even knew why I preferred "Soul Train" to "American Bandstand".

Now, I had no problems with the white kids at school [[there was only one in elementary school and he was a buddy until he moved away); I had several white friends in junior high and fewer in high school but we all managed to get along [[other than fighting over whether the radio in the art room should be set on the soul station or the rock station). My neighborhood was 90% black, which was no accident.

But race always played a significant role in my life and to hear about it as an adult when I intuitively experienced it as a child is nothing that bothers me at all.

Views: 316
    It used to be "God Save The Queen", and before that, I even remember "God Save The King" on radio sign off.
    I do remember as a kid them playing "God Save the Queen". I remember watching "Hockey Night in Canada" in grainy black and white TV. I remember the Queen's Christmas message every Christmas Day. So many of the old local Canada stations have been taken over by the CBC, CTV and Global that it is not the same.

I remember being a kid and there was no mention of-race this or race that,it was a melting pot-black -white-chinese-native american,we all got along trying to survive.
    I grew up in a thoroughly integrated World from about 0-12 years old. There were just as many white kids in our house as there were black playing at time and vice-versa. As I got older and went to high school is when the racial situation in America was clearer to me. Adults did more to separate the kids than anything.

Remember when if you missed a must see movie,you would have to wait years before it came on tv?

Remember when if you missed a must see movie,you would have to wait years before it came on tv?
    Yes, that's how it was for me until 1985 when I bought my first VCR. Remember how the Wizard of Oz would be shown every March? Remember the Ten Commandments every Easter?

They still show "The Ten Commandments" every Easter. I used to watch it every year but can't watch it anymore due to my interpretation of the Bible and how completely wrong they interpreted the story. My folks used to have a movie program from when they saw it at the drive-in well before they had us kids. Can you imagine how cool it would be to get a movie program in 2018? I'll bet that one would fetch a know of money had they kept it in good condition.

They still show "The Ten Commandments" every Easter. I used to watch it every year but can't watch it anymore due to my interpretation of the Bible and how completely wrong they interpreted the story. My folks used to have a movie program from when they saw it at the drive-in well before they had us kids. Can you imagine how cool it would be to get a movie program in 2018? I'll bet that one would fetch a know of money had they kept it in good condition.
    I wished they had a movie program for "Panther". I cannot wait to see it. I found a program in my high school's yearbook room when I was the editor, from the Great March on Washington in 1963. I did not take it. I wished I had now.

People don't realize the significance of this movie. Black people spend a bigger percentage of their loot on movies than almost anybody and yet we seldom get to see something on the screen that represents us in a proud manner. Chadwick Boseman said that he knew the character was important when he first wore the suit on the set of "Captain America: Civil War" and saw some of the black crew members tearing up. Thank God, Marvel let Ryan Coogler direct it; as of last night, it was polling 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Take a look at what happened when a teacher told his students that they were all going to be going to see it:

I love that. I bet nobody is absent the day that they go to the movies, huh?

Hollywood is a copycat business. They already have Black Lightning on the CW. Hopefully they will stop taking us and our money for granted.