[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  21.1 KB
    i remember when they would have been benched a long time for celebrating before winning a game. In fact, even having a big celebration after winning even a normal game was frowned upon when i was young. Now the football players practise their choreographed 6-man celebratory dance steps even more hours than they practise their football skills and plays.

Even in hockey, now, they run down a hi-five line with all their teammates after every goal, even when they are a bottom-dwelling team, and in games when they are down by 6 or 7 goals. It's ridiculous. When i was playing, you'd be benched a good long time for doing that. And if you did it again, you'd likely be dropped from that team.

But then, who'd ever have believed that the bulk of the us population would ever be so ignorant, and the us president would commit felonies and claim that he is permanently immune from prosecution because of his office, and he would act like a dictator, ignoring the laws, and half the population would be okay with that? Who would believe that half the population wouldn't care if the other half has access to decent medical care? -so, what used to be an educated country now has its "average citizen" getting a worse level of quality of medical care than almost all other 1st world countries. The whole world is crazy, so sports franchise movement is an extremely minor beef. And don't get me started on the level of education.

Instead of going so far off topic, i should just have written........"remember when most of the people had at least half a brain???"

[[sorry for seeming like an angry old man. I should just stick to yelling at the young kids to get off my lawn! - but i can't tell who's running on my lawn, because i haven't been there in almost a year, because of covid-19).
    haaaaaaaa,robb you da man,lombardi is turning over in his grave,can you imagine one of his players jumpin and flippin after a touch down with the game still in doubt,and what's the deal with players keeping the ball everytime they score? Damn is that why they're outthere?

It always tickles me. They're just a bunch of kids.