Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
mom used to take us to the library every couple of weeks. I'd always get at least one book about dinosaurs and another about wildlife. If i had been thinking clearly when i graduated, i would have gone to college for a science like biology or paleontology instead of wasting four years before realizing that there was no future in partying five nights a week. As a fifth grader, i had a great head start on all sorts of dinosaur information and to this day, i watch at least one dinosaur video on youtube a month.

I'll never forget hearing that one of my cousins, who went to a different junior high school after we both left the same elementary school, was in academic trouble because he didn't know how to read. Mom took him and his big brother along with us to the library and he always checked out three or four books. But he couldn't read in the seventh grade. Smh. Probably the greatest thing my mother did for me [[besides giving birth) was instilling a desire to read.

The second was signing me up for 8th grade typing behind my back. I looked at my schedule and was shocked but that was one of the most important classes i took in my life.
there's no future in partying five nights a week??? Now you tell me!!