[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kevin Eubanks Coaxes Diana Out of Dressing Room For TONIGHT SHOW

It seems that Diana was having a diva moment when she was about to make an appearance on THE TONIGHT SHOW [[ the same week that she was doing Super Bowl Half Time Show)

She did not want to leave her dressing room and they told Kevin to go back there and convince her to do the show

Well, that was cool ---
    Sometimes a kind word soothes

Well said. Nice interview, thanks for putting it up.

It sounds like,all she needed was someone,to tell her how great she was,and how wonderful she was,Diana was on point,that night.

Nifty find, milven! Thanks for posting.

That was during the same time she asked Frankie Crocker of WBLS, New York, why she had no friends and it seemed like everyone hates her. He relayed this story live, on the air during Super Bowl Week Jan. '96.

Thank you Marv for participating in a Diana Ross thread even though you have confessed to not being a fan, and thank you Kevin Eubanks for being a fan of Diana Ross. Without that, we may not have seen this wonderful TV performance of I Will Survive, where Diana turned an appearance on a TV Show into a full blown concert event with audience participation.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Thank you Marv for participating in a Diana Ross thread even though you have confessed to not being a fan, and thank you Kevin Eubanks for being a fan of Diana Ross. Without that, we may not have seen this wonderful TV performance of I Will Survive, where Diana turned an appearance on a TV Show into a full blown concert event with audience participation.

Yeah, sure anytime...........

OMG...someone needs to just tell her to cut the crap and grow up. Like Mary did when she didn't want to go to Flo's bday party. Thanks for posting. Her antics really get tiring though.

supremester Guest
    Well, happily it has all worked out for the best. Today, Miss Ross has lots of friends and everyone loves her. Her career and the kids she eschewed much for are all doing exactly as she dreamed. The woman who has made so many millions happy for decades is getting it all back - and deservedly so - I'm happy for all concerned.

As for Marv, he's always chomping at the bit to get a neg in, doing it here saves him the trouble of signing in to Youtube. as for that basal Antoinette Ross, had I said the same thing about Mary - he'd get red hot under the collar and squeal like a pig stuck under a fence, throw in a few "LOL's" then sign off with an "smh."

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    OMG...someone needs to just tell her to cut the crap and grow up. Like Mary did when she didn't want to go to Flo's bday party. Thanks for posting. Her antics really get tiring though.
    Yeah, her revelation that she does not have any friends was probably met with a collective yawn in New York. I was stuck in traffic and bad weather that day and couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Nifty find, milven! Thanks for posting.
    Well, I never liked the song either by Miss Gaynor or Miss Ross but I have to say that clip is awesome. She is such a PRO.... No matter what was going on backstage the fact is that when the lights came on she gave 100% of herself to the performance and I've always been in awe of her for that reason. She belongs on the stage. The deafening applause and cheering from the audience added to the goosebumps this clip gave me !!.

This is the 3rd instance of major sturm ont drang immediately prior to a Dians Ross live performance that I am aware of. One of them took place in my hometown when it was discovered before the show that the venue would not be able to provide Miss Ross with a Brandy snifter. BIG explosion!!! Some lackey from the venue was immediately dispatched ---- on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON to procure the glassware SOMEWHERE in the city. I was ringside at both performances she gave that evening and they were BOTH perfect!! She stopped by my aisle seat to share a few lines of Blame It On The Sun with me..and I got to tell her she has always been my hero and my idol. Say what u will ... That night changed my life!!!
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 08-19-2015 at 10:00 PM.

She is a diva after all, and that's what divas do!!

I would have thought Frankie Crocker was classier than to relay such a personal story to the general public; as we know, men can be bitches, too! Anyway, legend has it that Crocker told Ms. Ross that the Chic album would ruin her career, so I guess his judgement skills were not on a par with his DJ skills.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    I would have thought Frankie Crocker was classier than to relay such a personal story to the general public; as we know, men can be bitches, too! Anyway, legend has it that Crocker told Ms. Ross that the Chic album would ruin her career, so I guess his judgement skills were not on a par with his DJ skills.
    Nah, he wasn't being nasty. You just have your mind fixed that way to receive it that way. In fact, it was a bit heartwarming in the way he relayed the story and the advice he gave her. He told her simply...."to have friends, you have to be a friend".

That's just[auntie diana]being[auntie diana].

RossHolloway Guest
    Are you really complaining about something that happened nearly 20 years ago that does not impact your bank account or your freedom? Dude, get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Are you really complaining about something that happened nearly 20 years ago that does not impact your bank account or your freedom? Dude, get a life.
    20 years is real current for that one. lol

Some lives are dull ^^ [[2 up)

Some people have a Lovely Day!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Some lives are dull ^^ [[2 up)

Some people have a Lovely Day!

Why, I haven't a clue as to what you are referring [[!) but I did indeed have a lovely day, and shall again today! Did you buy yourself a copy of Leslie Gore's "Someplace Else Now"? And I would have LOVED to see a double bill with DRTS and the Jimmy Smith Trio!

I actually still have my record of Someplace Else Now!

I loved this interview with Kevin who obviously also loves Diana.

I enjoy how, as time goes on, one after the other, stupid whiny stories of Diana and nearly every other Motown artist are being debunked and proven to be just that - stupid, whiny stories by whiny fans that don't have much in their lives so they make up silliness!

Much better to go the "Lovely Day" route! Have a nice one.

I actually still have my record of Someplace Else Now!

I loved this interview with Kevin who obviously also loves Diana.

I enjoy how, as time goes on, one after the other, stupid whiny stories of Diana and nearly every other Motown artist are being debunked and proven to be just that - stupid, whiny stories by whiny fans that don't have much in their lives so they make up silliness!

Much better to go the "Lovely Day" route! Have a nice one.
    Wow - good for you; a cool item to own an LP of. Of course I agree on the silly-stupid-whiny; the guess-ti-mation of the meaning of a supposed comment passed 40+ years ago and overheard by a member of another group and then passed down through the ages gets a bit tiring. How about "Magic Colors"? Worth my farthings?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She is a diva after all, and that's what divas do!!
    Being a "diva" is a license to treat others with an attitude of superiority? We all all equal.

But just like a pro...................."The Show Must Go On".
    I am sure there was something really deep pulling at her this time.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Being a "diva" is a license to treat others with an attitude of superiority? We all all equal.
    Of course ~ but the rest of us didn't have 18 number one hits. Heck, most of the Supremes after she left them never even made the charts!!!

This is why they have videos and talk about Miss Ross.

For those who's feelings are hurt by it, are pissed off over it and the attention it gets, you need to say "NEXT" and go find something else that doesn't bug you.

Honey,call me[mr.]r&b....by the way is a male diva called a diver or a dover,hmmmmm???

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Honey,call me[mr.]r&b....by the way is a male diva called a diver or a dover,hmmmmm???
    I thought that the male counterpart to a diva is a divo. But don't quote me.

No, it's called Kanye!

Of course ~ but the rest of us didn't have 18 number one hits. Heck, most of the Supremes after she left them never even made the charts!!!

This is why they have videos and talk about Miss Ross.

For those who's feelings are hurt by it, are pissed off over it and the attention it gets, you need to say "NEXT" and go find something else that doesn't bug you.
    Your statetment makes no sense. Again, success should never affect the way we treat people. Success is a gift to be thankful for. Oh btw there are no feelings hurt or being pissed off. Just a disappointment.

Your statetment makes no sense. Again, success should never affect the way we treat people. Success is a gift to be thankful for. Oh btw there are no feelings hurt or being pissed off. Just a disappointment.
    Well can't disagree with you on that generally.

When you have a Diana or an Aretha or a Lucille Ball, with the level of fawning and fussing over them, with them being told to distance themselves, you have to expect they will not be acting like the neighbourhood Starbucks clerk. Perhaps it's true that they should have a bit more.

I agree with you Demotownguy.

Nothing he says makes sense which is bizarre. What's worse, he is scrambling trying to defend 52 year old [[at the time) Diana Ross acting like a spoiled brat and the super mean -bi%ch that the World has come to know her as. Ridiculous on all counts!

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I agree with you Demotownguy.
    I agree with Detmotownguy too, he makes sense!

Well now let's give Miss Ross a break. Remember per JRT someone who grew up around her said success didn't do it, she was always like that!

Well can't disagree with you on that generally.

When you have a Diana or an Aretha or a Lucille Ball, with the level of fawning and fussing over them, with them being told to distance themselves, you have to expect they will not be acting like the neighbourhood Starbucks clerk. Perhaps it's true that they should have a bit more.
    I understand the fawning and special treatment of these people. But I will never forget how Martha spent nearly 2 hours trying to get outta the Motown Museum bc of the visitors asking her questions and autographs. Also, she talked to me in the Renn Cen for around 30 minutes with her driver coming in every few min to get her. She just kept waving him off. Heck, Smokey halted a news conference in Greektown to talk to the fans. It was well guarded by police and hey didn't like it, but he did it anyway. Maybe I just look at these people differently. As far as access is concerned, why the heck does Diane go shopping by herself as she is easily recognized. I guess we could beat this to death.

This fake outrage makes me laugh. Lets see here:

1. She showed up for the taping
    2. She showed up for rehearsal
    3. She rocked the stage
    4. She had a very relaxed and fun interview
    5. She didn't in any way delay, or halt the taping of the show
    6. No account of her being rude- actually according to Kevin, she was the opposite. She was gracious and kind.

Someone please tell me what the problem was? Was it because prior to her hitting the stage, she didn't want to come out of her dressing room? She has said herself that prior to a show, she takes at least an hour to relax/meditate, put on her makeup, get dressed etc. So what she didn't want to be interrupted during this time. So again, in this instance, what exactly is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post

3. She rocked the stage
    6. No account of her being rude- actually according to Kevin, she was the opposite. She was gracious and kind.

Someone please tell me what the problem was? Was it because prior to her hitting the stage, she didn't want to come out of her dressing room? She has said herself that prior to a show, she takes at least an hour to relax/meditate, put on her makeup, get dressed etc. So what she didn't want to be interrupted during this time. So again, in this instance, what exactly is the problem?
    Of course the problem is the jealous haters, not the lady or the story!

3. She rocked the stage

My theory is there was nothing wrong. There was a contract for the appearance ... Hence no way she wasn't gonna appear. Plus this performance was in essence a promo for BIGGEST live performance of her life: the Super Bowl half time show. So she was possibly NOT gonna come out of her dressing room ?????? In the words of that legendary chanteuse, the late Miss Whitney Houston "AW HELL TO DE NAW !!!"
    When Kevin went in he said she was in front of her dressing room mirror. My concept is to enhance her "diva persona" she acted like she wasn't coming out. If my theory is right it worked LIKE A CHARM.
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 08-22-2015 at 02:19 PM.

3. She rocked the stage

The fake outrage is drummed up by Marv and then his 2 Followers Luke and Detroitmotownsguy come in to show him support. Its real pitiful and makes me just smh and laugh at them. It would be like me wasting my time and energy trashing Gladys knight in every thread about her when I dont like her but I take the high road and avoid almost every thread about Miss Gladys Knight. The three of them have real animositty towards Miss Ross but all three of them are real obsessed with her as well. Sad real real sad Imo.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    The fake outrage is drummed up by Marv and then his 2 Followers Luke and Detroitmotownsguy come in to show him support. Its real pitiful and makes me just smh and laugh at them. It would be like me wasting my time and energy trashing Gladys knight in every thread about her when I dont like her but I take the high road and avoid almost every thread about Miss Gladys Knight. The three of them have real animositty towards Miss Ross but all three of them are real obsessed with her as well. Sad real real sad Imo.

Roberta
    Hi Roberta. Trust you are well. I am going slightly off topic here but i am curious enough to ask this question. What is it with you and Gladys Knight? I love Gladys just as i love Diana, Martha, Dionne, Aretha etc. None of my business and please feel free not to answer my question but i am very curious as to why you appear to dislike Gladys? I have always found her to be a lovely, gracious, humble lady who is never too busy to pass the time of day with, Thank you for your time and have a blessed weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Hi Roberta. Trust you are well. I am going slightly off topic here but i am curious enough to ask this question. What is it with you and Gladys Knight? I love Gladys just as i love Diana, Martha, Dionne, Aretha etc. None of my business and please feel free not to answer my question but i am very curious as to why you appear to dislike Gladys? I have always found her to be a lovely, gracious, humble lady who is never too busy to pass the time of day with, Thank you for your time and have a blessed weekend.
    All Im prepared to say is I saw a very not nice side to Gladys Knight and I think shes real phony Bluebrock and I'm being real kind in my words. Other than that Im taking the high road.

hope you are well.

Fondly,

Roberta

All Im prepared to say is I saw a very not nice side to Gladys Knight and I think shes real phony Bluebrock and I'm being real kind in my words. Other than that Im taking the high road.

hope you are well.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Is it possible she was having a really bad day? Otherwise, I don't want to hear a bad story so I'm glad you're keeping it close to the vest.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Is it possible she was having a really bad day? Otherwise, I don't want to hear a bad story so I'm glad you're keeping it close to the vest.
    It is possible but ive heard other stuff that confirm my feelings and viewpoint and yes im taking the high road.

Have a blessed weekend.

Roberta

Hey Thanxal and Bluerock,i met Miss Gladys Knight many times,and she has been one of the nicest people, i have ever met.always nice to her fans,and to people,i'v seen Miss Knight many times in person,again always up beat,and her live show are always on point,she sounds great today,just like she sound back in the day.Gladys Knight is a Legend,The Best.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 08-22-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Roberta
    Then Jonc you should also take the high road since you don't like is as wth Gladys and ignore Marv, Luke and myself. Smh.

Then Jonc you should also take the high road since you don't like is as wth Gladys and ignore Marv, Luke and myself. Smh.
    Im not jonc conttrary to what your BFF keep parroting sweetie. I thought you had me on ignore. Lol

Have a real nice night and go and obsess some more about Diane Ross.

Roberta

I do jonc but ur funny messages are often included in replies! Now I am going play my fav DRATS song.....Stormy. And u go listen to ur fav Martha song. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I do jonc but ur funny messages are often included in replies! Now I am going play my fav DRATS song.....Stormy. And u go listen to ur fav Martha song. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    I dont think youve got the full grasp on blocking people dear Yankee.

have a blessed Sunday.

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 08-22-2015 at 09:40 PM.

I dont think youve got the full grasp on blocking people dear Yankee.

have a blessed Sunday.

Roberta
    Roberta,
    I believe I have seen the same thing with Gladys as you have. Like yourself I try to mention only positive things or ignore those posts. It is hard what was going on with Diana on this show but she came through and you would have never known.

Roberta
    Don't be stupid. Why not try to be at least half-assed honest since you pretend to be so religious and spouting scripture at every chance. I did not put that video up on Youtube. I did not make Kevin Eubanks share this story about Diane refusing to leave her dressing room. Heck! I didn't even post it here. So how are you going to sit there and blame some fake outrage by Diana Ross on me? I don't give a shit about Diana Ross, so why would I be outrage over her normal behavior?