[REMOVE ADS]

A New Single on the Way from Mary Wilson!

From Mary's Facebook and SweetFeet Music's Facebook pages:

"The new single is coming out soon. Follow my friends at Sweet Feet Music for details on the release and the limited edition red vinyl and compact disc"

https://www.facebook.com/sweetfeetmusic

Does any of our friends in the U.K. know what program this is from?

Attachment 9805

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Does any of our friends in the U.K. know what program this is from?

Attachment 9805
    I'm not from UK, but could it be Good Morning Britain? That looks like Piers Morgan and he guest hosted the show for a week a few months ago. He took over for Larry King on CNN a few years ago on our side of the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I'm not from UK, but could it be Good Morning Britain? That looks like Piers Morgan and he guest hosted the show for a week a few months ago. He took over for Larry King on CNN a few years ago on our side of the pond.
    Oh great and thank you. I hadn't even noticed that is Piers Morgan on the sofa there.

From Mary's Facebook and SweetFeet Music's Facebook pages:

"The new single is coming out soon. Follow my friends at Sweet Feet Music for details on the release and the limited edition red vinyl and compact disc"

https://www.facebook.com/sweetfeetmusic
    Is this the song? Isn't this song about fifteen years old? If it is, was it ever released or will this be the first time. Is it updated or re-mixed. Deja-vu with the red vinyl. Reminds me of Red Hot.

Is this the song? Isn't this song about fifteen years old? If it is, was it ever released or will this be the first time. Is it updated or re-mixed. Deja-vu with the red vinyl. Reminds me of Red Hot.

According to what I've read, it has been remixed and updated.

Mary posted somewhere I think on her Facebook page that Piers kept trying to talk about a reunion with Diana and Mary wanted to talk about her new single!
    Last edited by luke; 08-12-2015 at 08:08 AM.

It is indeed Good Morning Britain. Mary was promoting her forthcoming tour and Piers Morgan kept telling her how she was his favourite Supreme. All well and good but I also recall him telling Diana more or less the same thing in 1992!

Lolol! I hope it's a very different remix/update. This was my least favorite Mary release ever.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Lolol! I hope it's a very different remix/update. This was my least favorite Mary release ever.
    I didn't care for that song either.

I didn't care for that song either.
    I agree with you both but surely anything is better than nothing?

This was the announcement of the legends uk tour in UK October. With Dionne Warwick Roberta flack and some men calling themselves the Drifters I saw the interview and they were both very respectful towards Mary and I can't remember them asking about a Diana reunion they asked viewers to vote for their favourite Supremes song and I think stop in the name of love come out on top

Wow, this song sounds so dated...it has an 80s canned sound like the Ian Levine stuff. Hard to believe it sounded fresh even if it was released in 2000. Why would Mary bother with remixing a 15 year old song?

I don't think her voice is suited to this dance oriented material. I wish she recorded more songs such as those she sang on Side 2 of the "High Energy" LP. That to me was her high point. On that LP she reminds me somewhat of Sarah Vaughan. I think she should leave the high energy stuff to other singers.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow, this song sounds so dated...it has an 80s canned sound like the Ian Levine stuff. Hard to believe it sounded fresh even if it was released in 2000. Why would Mary bother with remixing a 15 year old song?

I don't think her voice is suited to this dance oriented material. I wish she recorded more songs such as those she sang on Side 2 of the "High Energy" LP. That to me was her high point. On that LP she reminds me somewhat of Sarah Vaughan. I think she should leave the high energy stuff to other singers.
    Ian Levine, indeed. That's the first thing I thought of when I heard this song. Mary deserves better material and production than what I heard here....even if it is 15 years old. Was this off that promised CD? More ballads Mary....please.

On her Web site under Happenings 2015, Mary talks about Piers wanting to keep talking about a reunion with Diana.