[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Is Everywhere

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  95.9 KB

It is fascinating that entertainers like Mary Wilson and Darlene Love are finding increased success in this season of life! Congrats! [[Current CLOSER Magazine.)

She'll be all over the country campaigning for Hillary.

It was interesting that last time Mary hooked up with Hillary as well whereas Diana & Family hooked up with the winner, Barack. Another ironic parallel.

I wonder if Americans will tolerate a continuation of the Barack policies with Hillary or move on to a Bush! I honestly am not sure the USA is ready for a female President. Ridiculous but I would not be surprised if they can't cope with the concept as a nation.

I think America is ready for a female President, especially considering the alternatives on the Republican side which will definitely help!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I think America is ready for a female President, especially considering the alternatives on the Republican side which will definitely help!
    We definitely need a woman president and Hillary is my gal.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It was interesting that last time Mary hooked up with Hillary as well whereas Diana & Family hooked up with the winner, Barack. Another ironic parallel.
    So unnecessary.

supremester Guest
    Many thought we'd never have a black President and ha ha on them. I preferred Hillary but voted for Obama because it would give bigots a shitty day. I think Hillary will have a cake walk next year. She can diss Obama if needed, claim him if needed....... plus she'll have Bill. Jeb? Trump? Bring it!!!!!!

I wish Hillary had Bill's gifts. The way he communicated, the excitement he could generate. [[Okay, no wise cracks please, Mr. Jobeterob!) She often comes across as mannered and somewhat stiff. And she's already had a few gaffes even in these early days. Claiming they were "flat broke" when they left the white house was one of them.

But in terms of policy, and the good of the country, she's absolutely the best choice. I just don't see her as a natural politician with either Bill's gifts of communication or Obama's gifts of oratory and messaging.

I don't think it will be any cake walk though. I predict that Scott Walker will end up with the nomination and it will be a close race. People really like him. Underneath his somewhat placid exterior, he's very extreme and narrow in his views of women, gays, the economy, and he's another Cheney-esque hawk who wants to bomb everyone on earth. But conservatives I think will really warm up to him because, like George W., he wraps it all up in a somewhat folksy, goofy image.
    Last edited by kenneth; 07-15-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Well speaking of mary, i know she'll tell hillary to-run ,run,run.

That's right Arr&Bee back to Mary lol

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Seriously? What a stupid thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hillary needs to win win win! Diana will back her this time.

Mary has backed at least two losers - Pedro; and Hillary vs. Barack.

It's true guys, like it or not!

Ah hahahahaha! I know she wouldn't want Hillary ending up "Walking the Line......." LOL!

Mary's in concert in Columbus, OH tonight..................................

When hillary wins,i hope mary gets to perform at the inaguration.

When hillary wins,i hope mary gets to perform at the inaguration.
    It is almost guaranteed!

supremester Guest
    That would be great. I'm sure Hillary will have Miss Ross sing again at the Inauguration like she did Bill as the first command performance of The Clinton Administration - add Mary to the show and it could constitute a reunion. Mary is in Colombus tonight performing at a cancer research convention.

Mary will not be performing at the inauguration and I hope there is one. They will find a spot for her because she has hopped on this bandwagon early ~ but it will be far back of the usual background that Diane and Berry made for her.

Hilary should give her an ambassadorship.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Hilary should give her an ambassadorship.
    That would be perfect. After all Mary is qualified and has the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That would be perfect. After all Mary is qualified and has the experience.
    Well, hell then Berry should be President!

supremester Guest
    And Mary could be his only vice.

Exactly Marv...her work against land mines, work for Colin Powell, etc etc...she would be a perfect choice.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    And Mary could be his only vice.
    Then Mary would get MAJOR B O TOO!

Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, UK
    Line-up: Dionne Warwick, Roberta Flack, The Drifters, Mary Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Still smh that Mary Wilson is appearring on a bill with fake drifters just smh.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    That should be a night to remember, a spectacular show!

supremester Guest
    I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with you on this - Mary is finding work and supporting herself and Turkessa's family. Bookings have dried up a bit for her and un;like Martha - she's not getting the higher profile/paying gigs alone on a bill or an equally shared bill. If Dionne & Roberta can sing with fake Drifters, why can't Mary?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Still smh that Mary Wilson is appearring on a bill with fake drifters just smh.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with you on this - Mary is finding work and supporting herself and Turkessa's family. Bookings have dried up a bit for her and un;like Martha - she's not getting the higher profile/paying gigs alone on a bill or an equally shared bill. If Dionne & Roberta can sing with fake Drifters, why can't Mary?
    Well it looks real hypocrittical IMO cause she campaigned so seriously against fake groups and groups without a originol member. Mary even mentions the Drifters in this here interview. Smh

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...view-From-2011

INTERVIEWER: You’re active in the Truth in Music legislation. Do you think it should prevent Scherrie and Lynda from appearing with Joyce Vincent, one half of Tony Orlando’s Dawn, as “Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence, formerly of the Supremes.” It’s a pretty dumb name, you have to admit. Poor Joyce, it’s like she doesn’t exist.

MARY: The bill states there has to be at least one original member who recorded the music in order for the group to be called, say, the Drifters. Otherwise it’s a tribute band. Scherrie and Lynda were bona fide members of the Supremes, so no one can stop them from saying the Supremes.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 07-17-2015 at 10:13 PM.