[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha: A Woman Falling in Love

Does anyone know what ever became of this record?

Didn't Aretha have a big press conference or luncheon as a listening party; I've yet to hear that this was released, and that was early this spring, 2010.....

Aretha has been talking about this album since at least 2004. In most concerts I've seen of hers since that time, she's performed at least one song from the album, usually I ADORE YOU or BETTER THAN GOLD. Supposedly, she was exploring various distribution outlets for it, but nothing has happened.

The last time I heard her speak about it, I thought it was called ARETHA: A WOMAN FALLING OUT OF LOVE , as the relationship that inspired the album had gone sour.

Yeah, I even have a full-page magazine ad promoting this album. It just has a photo of Aretha with the title, "A Woman Falling Out of Love"..."The new album from the Queen is an event!" Then it has some booking info on the bottom.

It might have even been mentioned that the album contained new duets with Dennis Edwards, Ron Isley, or maybe both. She does have a duet with Ron Isley on his new cd. It's a remake of YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND. While reading the credits, I noticed that there was no courtesy note regarding Aretha. So I assume she is still without a recording deal.

I hope her FALLING IN /OUT OF LOVE cd doesn't go the way of some of her other projects. She recorded a live album at Carnegie Hall back in the 90s that never came out, even though she was signed to Arista at the time. Ditto for a Xmas gospel concert at her father's church featuring Aretha, Stephanie Mills, and others. Then there was the dvd that was supposed to be released of her return-to-LA concerts in 2004.

It's also supposed to have a duet with Faith Hill on it....

This album is probably gonna come out the same day Lauryn Hill's does.....

I can't believe she can't find a distributor, it's probably more of a wanting a maximum royalty percentage issue....

^ Yeah I think it's a royalty percentage thing too.

There is a long time SD Member who has done a lengthy and good interview with Dennis Edwards. It is available on Facebook. I don't believe he wants to post it here because SD has a reputation for controversy and personal attacks.

In the interview, Dennis says there is a duet with him and Aretha on the CD and that if released, it would go to Number 1. And I believe he says the album is the best Aretha has done.

He also says the reason it never comes out is that Aretha has a studio in her home and she keeps changing the songs every time she hears one of them.

It is hard to believe she has no recording contract but she is only one of thousands of heritages artists that don't. There is little money to be made in that business any more.