[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Concert Film

I doubt I'm the first one to find this, but I know I haven't seen it before. Looks like a concert filmed in its entirety, I'm guessing for European TV possibly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VReqtKEekpk

This is a great concert. It's been on YouTube in various bits and pieces over the years. I believe it's been released [[or at least portions of it) on DVD as well.

Yes, I posted a link to this some months back. I was told it was a DVD release a while ago. Wonderful show.

The girls taped a few shows during this European tour. Another full-length concert was filmed in Amsterdam, as well as at the Talk of the Town in London.

Re the Sweden show, I've seen a 1968 Aretha Franklin concert which has same the production credits and seems to have been taped at the same venue.
    Last edited by reese; 07-09-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yes, I posted a link to this some months back. I was told it was a DVD release a while ago. Wonderful show.
    It really is wonderful. Beautifully photographed and excellent sound as well. Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    It really is wonderful. Beautifully photographed and excellent sound as well. Fantastic!
    Yes, indeed. Though it's the same set and patter as Talk of the Town/Sweden etc., the ladies seem refreshed, spontaneous and extra sparkling here.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yes, this is an excellent copy. Amazon has had it for sale under "Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits" on DVD. However, it is essentially the 1968 European tour that was captured in superior sound under Motown's 1994 remastering of "Live at the Talk of the Town" as someone mentions on CD. Both great investments especially if you like that tour.
    Last edited by Bokiluis; 07-10-2015 at 09:25 AM.

I would love to see the clip of Diana, Mary & Cindy lip-syncing to "L'Amore Verra" on an Italian TV show. I assume it's from their first tour of Europe in early 1968. There was a clip of it on YouTube years ago from some Italian MTV flashback show. I can't find it now.

There is also the Talk of the Town broadcast and the Royal Variety performance which I would love to see, but I was under the impression the BBC and ITV erased a lot of their tapes much like what NBC did with the early Tonight Shows.

Also if anyone remembers from Diana's tour back in 2010, during her performance of "Reflections" she had flashback pictures of the Supremes on the jumbo screen and toward the end they showed what looked like concert footage of Diana, Mary and Florence in those dark blue gowns from Andy Williams Show. It looked like it was filmed from the wings of the stage. Does anyone know about that? Possibly from the Motown archives?

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post

Also if anyone remembers from Diana's tour back in 2010, during her performance of "Reflections" she had flashback pictures of the Supremes on the jumbo screen and toward the end they showed what looked like concert footage of Diana, Mary and Florence in those dark blue gowns from Andy Williams Show. It looked like it was filmed from the wings of the stage. Does anyone know about that? Possibly from the Motown archives?
    I think some of that same footage was used in the UNSUNG episode on Flo. I remember it being discussed here, but I don't know if any one was ever able to identify where it came from.

I guess the question is how many times did they tour Europe? 2 tours have been documented on film, the early Motown Revue around 1964 and then, this one that promotes albums through "Reflections" in 1967-68. There had to be another tour between those two.....unless, one was strictly promotional to only do television and radio and not for a public concert date[[s).

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    Yes, this is an excellent copy. Amazon has had it for sale under "Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits" on DVD. However, it is essentially the 1968 European tour that was captured in superior sound under Motown's 1994 remastering of "Live at the Talk of the Town" as someone mentions on CD. Both great investments especially if you like that tour.
    I just found a copy of that Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits DVD - white cover with a picture of them in blue dresses from the Copa. Unfortunately, it's in PAL format so I can only play it on my computer as my Blu Ray player is not all region. It has a full show from 1968 and a partial show from 1964.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I just found a copy of that Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits DVD - white cover with a picture of them in blue dresses from the Copa. Unfortunately, it's in PAL format so I can only play it on my computer as my Blu Ray player is not all region. It has a full show from 1968 and a partial show from 1964.
    I think the full show on the dvd is from the Amsterdam concert that had costume changes. I bought it years ago, but never got around to having it converted to NTSC.

The "Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits" DVD, has a bonus 3-4 live songs that I believe was filmed at "Teentown", a local Detroit television series from the 60s.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  21.8 KB
    A still from the DVD

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I doubt I'm the first one to find this, but I know I haven't seen it before. Looks like a concert filmed in its entirety, I'm guessing for European TV possibly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VReqtKEekpk
    Yeah, Kenny, I posted this video a few months ago [[and I probably wasn't the first to do so). In fact, I think I sent you the link of it! You're right -- it's a fantastic performance, and it was performed at Berns Stockholm. Given its excellent audio/visual quality, it belongs on DVD.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 07-12-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Yeah, Kenny, I posted this video a few months ago [[and I probably wasn't the first to do so). In fact, I think I sent you the link of it! You're right -- it's a fantastic performance, and it was performed at Berns Stockholm. Given its excellent audio/visual quality, it belongs on DVD.
    I should have figured you would have found it. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    The "Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits" DVD, has a bonus 3-4 live songs that I believe was filmed at "Teentown", a local Detroit television series from the 60s.
    According to the DVD case, the full concert is Live in Concertgebouw Amsterdam March 4, 1968 and the 3 extra songs are Live in Carre Amsterdam, October 14, 1964.
    Last edited by thommg; 07-13-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Really enjoyed watching this. How professional these girls were. Little wonder they were role models for so many females in the 60's.