[REMOVE ADS]

thomas96 Guest

Miracles - I Care About Detroit

I was wondering if this was ever released officially? I read that it was sent to radio stations but never released. Does anybody have more information on this track? I just picked up an acetate of it which has the date 7/29/68 on it, though DFTMC says it was completed on 7/10/68. Haven't listened to it yet so I'm not sure if it's a different version than the one in the video and on the cuts sent to the radio stations, but I would guess it is based on the dates. And I also read it was written and recorded as an attempt to help restore peace in the city after the riots. Can anyone confirm this information, or add anything else?

Attached Images Attached Images  

I've seen a copy of the 45 label but I can't remember where. As I recall, it didn't mention Tamla, but had the name, artist, and maybe the purpose of the song.

It was eventually released on their 35th anniversary boxed set.

thomas96 Guest

Standard Groove, but I think this is what was sent to the radio stations. I'm looking to find out the information behind it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pictures of this record on the Tamla label were faked.

But do you know who faked it.....and why he got away with it for so long

I've often wondered. Are you going to enlighten us?

Lars Nilsson. Tamla 54144 was/is a missing number and so it filled our catalogue number wants lists. The basis of the picture started with the Tamla copy of The Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage and it went from there.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It was eventually released on their 35th anniversary boxed set.
    According to the TCMS notes on the track [[Volume 8, Disc 40, Track 18) the version on the 35th Anniversary Box Set was the stereo version that had appeared on a limited edition LP "Sterling Ball Benefit" given away to ball attendees in 1971.

Roger

Thanks for that info theboyfromxtown. Though considering the timeframe, I'd have thought Tamla 54161 [[also unreleased, but scheduled for Marvin & Tammi) would have been a more plausible catalogue no.

Anyone know why this wasn't released on Tamla? I've never understood the "Standard Groove" significance and the seemingly odd catalogue no. [13090], the track was allocated.
    Last edited by motownjohnny; 07-09-2015 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    According to the TCMS notes on the track [[Volume 8, Disc 40, Track 18) the version on the 35th Anniversary Box Set was the stereo version that had appeared on a limited edition LP "Sterling Ball Benefit" given away to ball attendees in 1971.

Roger
    But it's a mono mix on the 35th Anniversary set!

Cheers

Paul