Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  21.1 KB
American Anglo directors have no idea how languages other than American English sound. They also don't have decent researchers to find out what things looked like, what people used, how they ate, how they dressed in whatever place and era. Most of The American films I've seen which take place in eras before the decade of the film's development, have lots of errors [[many of them grievous).
Very true. I'm always amazed at how well talented English and Australian actors perform various American accents [[usually the generic non-regional accent most actors use). It's almost painful to hear American actors perform European accents of any sort. In a similar vein, I'm always amused when Asian movies are dubbed in English and they choose to speak in Asian accents. We know they're speaking Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Viet Namese in the original films and the lips are never in sync. Why not just have the voice actors speak with an American accent?

By the way, I'll take a subtitled version of any movie over a dubbed version. Sometimes, I need subs to watch some British or Irish films. I was lost watching Sexy Beast and The Wind That Shakes The Barley until I loaded up the subtitles. They may as well have been speaking Greek.