[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations - Take Me Away & Thanks To You

These two non album tracks are up there with my favourite later Tempts tunes... Was Take me away only available on the Lovin' Couples soundtrack...was this ever on CD? would love a crisp clean digital version

Thanks to you I believe was only available on the 25th Anniversary album... I have this on cassette, but has no details on when this song was recorded... Dennis Edwards is singing lead so I'm guessing between 1980 & 1983..[[unless around 1977 before Edwards was fired the first time, sure it sounds more early 80's) .... can anyone shed light on this please?

I know this thread is years old but I didn’t want to create a new one!

Been trying to collect previously unreleased and/or rare Temptations tracks and put them on albums! I remembered these rare tracks and tried to find them...

"Take Me Away" I don’t believe has been released on CD, but it is on the Lovin' Couples sountrack. It was also released as a single in 1981, with a B-Side of "There’s More Where That Came From"... both tracks were produced by Terry Randazzo, who also produced a couple of tracks on The Tempts' Power album.

"Thanks To You" I haven’t been able to find or listen to online, but it is on Volume Two of The Tempts' 25th Anniversary album, which I have now ordered...

Thanks to You is such a great song. Wish there was more info about this track.

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    Thanks to You is such a great song. Wish there was more info about this track.
    Hey alex, you’re there! I wasn’t even sure if you were on the forum anymore.

It sounds like a great song. I’d love to hear it, and as you say know more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey alex, you’re there! I wasn’t even sure if you were on the forum anymore.

It sounds like a great song. I’d love to hear it, and as you say know more about it.
    "Thanks To You" was co-written and produced by Harold Johnson of the Devastating Affair and lat Finished Touch and is an outtake from the "House Party" album.

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    "Thanks To You" was co-written and produced by Harold Johnson of the Devastating Affair and lat Finished Touch and is an outtake from the "House Party" album.

Ivor
    Oh thanks Ivor! Great info.

Also

On Volume One of The Tempts' 25th Anniversary album there is a track by the name of "Come To Me"... led by Otis Williams and Damon Harris... anyone know more about it? I’m guessing it was an outtake from either A Song For You or House Party, after Norman Whitfield but before Damon left.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Also

On Volume One of The Tempts' 25th Anniversary album there is a track by the name of "Come To Me"... led by Otis Williams and Damon Harris... anyone know more about it? I’m guessing it was an outtake from either A Song For You or House Party, after Norman Whitfield but before Damon left.

Well! I found this comment on a YouTube posting of the song:

It was written by Richard Carson, and produced by Steve Cropper. Although recorded during Damon Harris' tenure 1972-75, It was not released until 1986, the Tempts 25th anniversary.
    [[from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6A35lh-3_Q)

I guess it was from the House Party sessions as Steve Cropper produced a couple of songs on that album

An outtake from House Party!!! Which itself was an album of vaulted tracks. Was it recorded around the time of release then in 1975. Sounds way ahead of its time.. more late 70s/ early 80s.
    Thanks for the info

Some of those mid 70s albums are like a blur now to me for some reason.