[REMOVE ADS]

Well,let's just let the classic temptations sing it!!

Hey my temptaholics[hi marv]how many times have you heard a song by another group and thought[man the temps would have a hit with that]for me the drifter gem..don't go please stay-with david on lead..it would still be selling..what cha got?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey my temptaholics[hi marv]how many times have you heard a song by another group and thought[man the temps would have a hit with that]for me the drifter gem..don't go please stay-with david on lead..it would still be selling..what cha got?
    For me it was a song that came out years after the classic Temptations had disbanded. I'm talking about the song "It's You That I Need" by Enchantment in 1978:

I'm probably going to piss off a lot of people for saying this, but I think "We Remember Sam Cooke", should of been cut on the Temptations instead of the Supremes. Diana Ross, IMO, doesn't have the same gusto and rawness Sam had. [[though she does have that crossover appeal) Paul and definitely David would of don the songs more justice. A Ruffin led take of "A Change is Gonna Come" just might of rivaled Sam's for the definitive version.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I'm probably going to piss off a lot of people for saying this, but I think "We Remember Sam Cooke", should of been cut on the Temptations instead of the Supremes. Diana Ross, IMO, doesn't have the same gusto and rawness Sam had. [[though she does have that crossover appeal) Paul and definitely David would of don the songs more justice. A Ruffin led take of "A Change is Gonna Come" just might of rivaled Sam's for the definitive version.
    Good point jboy88. Ruffin could have killed "acigc". If only........

I could hear the Tempts on the Chi-Lites "Are You My Woman." I would have loved if the Tempts did do a version of "Do You Love Me."

"[[For God's Sake) Give More Power To The People" by the Chi-Lites. Certainly is structured and produced like a Whitfield-Strong composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeho View Post
    I could hear the Tempts on the Chi-Lites "Are You My Woman." I would have loved if the Tempts did do a version of "Do You Love Me."
    There's an Ali Ollie Woodson-era Tempts version of "Do You Love Me" on the BG tribute album "The Music, The Magic, The Memories of Motown":

How about the impressions classic[gypsy woman]with paul on lead.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    How about the impressions classic[gypsy woman]with paul on lead.
    Now that would have been a good one. It would have have been interesting to hear Melvin on that lead too.

Haaaaaaaaa,marv you and i are twins seperated at birth...i was thinking [melvin]too!!

The sweetest thing this side of heaven! The Tempts wouldve lit that one up!

I could see The Temptations doing a great job on The Dramatics' "What 'Cha See Is What 'Cha Get".
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 08-08-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    You're 100% right. It just sounded all wrong and puny. Liked HAVING A PARTY though. DAVID would've murdered Sam Cooke songs.

How about The Tempts doing The Drifters' "Sweets For My Sweet"? I can hear Paul Williams rockin' on the lead vocals and The Funk Bros. doing a killer backing track for the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitspride View Post
    The sweetest thing this side of heaven! The Tempts wouldve lit that one up!
    The funny thing is that I think they would have loved to have
    covered that song. I'll never forget how they sang just the title lyric
    live on the London Talk Of The Town release...Anyway, I think both
    the classic five and the next era line up could have tore up most of the catalogs of The Chi-lites, Dramatics, Delfonics and Dells. No
    offense to the great Marvin jr and his crew but I would have loved to
    hear a Tempts cover of The Love We Had....

One more song that The Temptations would sound great doing; The Miracles' "I Think We Can Make It" [[with Eddie Kendricks doing the lead vocal). Although The Miracles' 1962 version of the song was left in the vaults [[until the release of their Lost and Found: Along Came Love set), it still think would've made a great single [[or LP cut).