[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi again, Cosmic Truth

I purchased "Life On Mars" album when I was aged 18 years old, around 1980 [[the album is from 1976) and during years and years this was my only album by Dexter. Only have had some other tracks from other albums in two P.I.R. compilations from VV. AA. on vynil [["First Light Of The Morning", "Disco Lights",...) and more "recently" [[around 2005) I purchased the two reeditions on CD by Edsel records "two in one", the four original PIR albums in 2 CD's [[Life On Mars, What The World's Coming To, Voyager & Time Is Sleepin Away,...). Many good jazzy and funky tracks, some mellow moments,.. but my absolute favorite continues to be the first album, all the tracks! One of my favorite Jazzy Philly Soul opus! [[jointly with Monk Montgomery's "Reallity").

Some other jams:

- Monk Montgomery "Bump da bump"
    - Isaac Hayes "Ellie's Love Theme"
    - Richard Tee "Us"
    - Stanley Clarke & George Duke "Put It On The Line"
    - Bob James "One Mint's Julep"
    - Isaac Hayes Movement "After Five"
    - Booker T & The MG's "Soul Limbo"
    - herbie hancock "Just Around The Corner"
    - MFSB "TLC [[Tender Lovin' Care)"
    - Crusaders "Time Bomb"
    - Crusaders "Allucinate"
    - O'Donnel Levy "Bad Bad Symba"
    - People's Choice "Mickey D's"
    - The O'Jays, the instrumental version of 1987's "Don't Take Your Love Away"

Cheers to all!

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Hi again, Cosmic Truth

I purchased "Life On Mars" album when I was aged 18 years old, around 1980 [[the album is from 1976) and during years and years this was my only album by Dexter. Only have had some other tracks from other albums in two P.I.R. compilations from VV. AA. on vynil [["First Light Of The Morning", "Disco Lights",...) and more "recently" [[around 2005) I purchased the two reeditions on CD by Edsel records "two in one", the four original PIR albums in 2 CD's [[Life On Mars, What The World's Coming To, Voyager & Time Is Sleepin Away,...). Many good jazzy and funky tracks, some mellow moments,.. but my absolute favorite continues to be the first album, all the tracks! One of my favorite Jazzy Philly Soul opus! [[jointly with Monk Montgomery's "Reallity").

Some other jams:

- Monk Montgomery "Bump da bump"
    - Isaac Hayes "Ellie's Love Theme"
    - Richard Tee "Us"
    - Stanley Clarke & George Duke "Put It On The Line"
    - Bob James "One Mint's Julep"
    - Isaac Hayes Movement "After Five"
    - Booker T & The MG's "Soul Limbo"
    - herbie hancock "Just Around The Corner"
    - MFSB "TLC [[Tender Lovin' Care)"
    - Crusaders "Time Bomb"
    - Crusaders "Allucinate"
    - O'Donnel Levy "Bad Bad Symba"
    - People's Choice "Mickey D's"
    - The O'Jays, the instrumental version of 1987's "Don't Take Your Love Away"

Cheers to all!
    Your post reminded me of this absolute classic from the Crusaders.