[REMOVE ADS]

B.B. King’s death investigated as possible homicide

By Justin Wm. Moyer May 26 at 3:07 AM

B.B. King in 2011. [[REUTERS/Valentin Flauraud)
    The recent death of blues legend B.B. King in Nevada will be investigated as a possible homicide following unsubstantiated accusations from two of B.B. King’s 11 surviving children that the singer was “poisoned.”

“At this point, we don’t have evidence that these allegations of foul play will be substantiated,” Clark County Coroner John Fudenberg said, as NBC reported. “However, we are taking them very seriously and will be conducting a thorough investigation. We are coordinating our investigative efforts with the Homicide Division of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. I expect the investigation will take a minimum of six to eight weeks.”

Clark County also tweeted about the investigation.

“Our coroner takes jurisdctn over #BBKing body, performs autopsy. Results:6-8wks min,” the tweet reads, linking to the Las Vegas Police Department’s Twitter account. “Homicide investgtn w/ @LVMPD.”

The Clark County coroner and Las Vegas police were not immediately available for comment. A police spokesman told NBC that an investigation will not be opened “until such time as the Clark County Coroner determines Mr. King’s death to be from other than natural causes.”

King, 89, died on May 14. Fudenberg cited complications from diabetes, an illness King had struggled with for years, as the cause of death at the time. The Associated Press reported that an autopsy was performed Sunday, but the results wouldn’t be available for up to eight weeks.

[B.B. King: 15 children and potentially a big legal mess]

“I believe my father was poisoned and that he was administered foreign substances,” Patty King and Karen Williams said in identically worded sections of affidavits provided to The Washington Post by their lawyer, Larissa Drohobyczer. “… I also witnessed neglect of Mr. King’s medical care by administration of alleged medication to induce a diabetic shock, since his blood sugar would not be monitored for up to ten days at a time.”

The affidavits’ conclusion: “I believe my father was murdered.”

FULL STORY AT BELOW LINK

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...e-reports-say/

I heard it this morning. This is awful.