[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder on Larry King Live Tonight - Nov. 30

I heard a rumour Stevie Wonder is on Larry King Live tonight. Anyone see him?

pshark Guest
    Not a rumor, its fact. Yeah I did see it. SW & LK dueted on "Once In My Life" Larry murdered a classic
    Stevie did promise to write a song for Larry's wife

Wished I'd seen it; I'm always surprised by how little interest there is in Stevie Wonder; even that book attracted little attention even though it had plenty of sensational crap in it; looks like Stevie's had some botox work; hard to believe, but it looks like it.

miss_lish Guest
    The interview was pure drivel. Everytime LK axed Steve about the back story of this or that song, Stevie would embellish something for an answer that didn't really address the original question. It happened over and over again.

There has been little exploration of the Stevie Wonder character; I bet part of the reason is because he is blind and people/the media, don't want to be seen attacking the blind.

He is just like everyone else; he is one of the very few Motowners that "made it" ~ maybe in the category or Berry and Diana in terms of wealth. So he is a target.

In the recent book about him, it says he scammed the guys that showed him the synthesizer, did the records with him - Margouleff and the other guy. It also says Stevie is a polygamist and has lived that way all his life with a bunch of changing women around him, no matter if he was married or not; due to age, he probably doesn't now; but I bet Larry never read the book or asked about that.

Stevie is also a STAR STAR STAR; he has had everything; as has been pointed out, at Motown 25, he took a microphone away from Mary Wells; because he is STEVIE WONDER; and the public wanted to hear Stevie, not Mary!

In the end, Stevie is like every guy out there ~ flawed and good; but he was also gifted and successful. There are people only interested in the music and people interested in the man as well. It is a little late in the day to "dish the dirt" on Stevie; he is no longer a mainstream artist pumping out the hits; that is more a "Rhianna" thing. So the interest isn't huge.

I watched it for half an hour and then turned it off. Steve's answers to Larry's questions were long and drawn out, and often didn't even address Larry's question.

I was hoping to learn something new about Steve and Motown, but found watching the show tedious.